• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my soft neutron ion from DD, its gripper than soft proton. flies like the rest of my ions, its in the bag for sure :)

will be good for wet, cold days

Blasted center chains on hole 1 of my course today with my bagged Shock for what would have been a likely skip Ace if I had installed a second set of chains on my baskets :eek:. Instead it tumbled right through and landed 5 feet away. I think that's enough to get me motivated to start pricing out chain.

Ya, from my experience, two layers of slightly smaller cheaper chain works better than just one layer of full size heavy duty chain. Of course, if you can afford two layers of full size chain, that's definitely going to be best.

Not gonna argue about gyro and its benefits, I fully believe in it. But I have to say no company is pushing the envelope like MVP. Not even close. When I grab non MVP discs they feel "old". Just sayin'

Sooo......whats next? A new disc, or soft and eclipse neutron plastic?

It's been a while since they last projected release....seems to be about that time lol.

I'm guessing new mold before anything else. I think if eclipse neutron was easy we would see it already. So my guess is a new driver of some sort.

They're put out like 4 molds in less than 6 months! You people are insatiable! :p

Honestly, gimme some Proton or Eclipse stuff in the new releases. I want a see-through Tangent.

Last time I messaged with chad it seemed pretty clear they MVP's focus right now is "filling out their lineup".

I would like to see a base line plastic, the proton/neutron stuff doesnt cut it when they get wet.. i know i can just dry it off with my towel, but when its cold out, my fingers are dry its hard to get a good grip. Base line in putters only at least..

I would like to see a base line plastic, the proton/neutron stuff doesnt cut it when they get wet.. i know i can just dry it off with my towel, but when its cold out, my fingers are dry its hard to get a good grip. Base line in putters only at least..

I would also be really interested in this. If they are able to bond a gateway soft type plastic for the core to a standard overmold, the grip of the base line top and bead would pair beautifully with the durability of the black overmold. Very tempting idea if it is scientifically possible.

Thinking about adding to the bag the rest of the MVP line up. I only need the shock and the amp to have them all. I'm a noobie and still have lots to learn but I figure better to get them early in the season and figure the shock and amp out rather then later. What weight should I go for? my Volt is 170g and I can throw it between 275-325 sometimes more on a good rip.

Thinking about adding to the bag the rest of the MVP line up. I only need the shock and the amp to have them all. I'm a noobie and still have lots to learn but I figure better to get them early in the season and figure the shock and amp out rather then later. What weight should I go for? my Volt is 170g and I can throw it between 275-325 sometimes more on a good rip.

i would rather have a river in my bag than the amp.. im not a fan of the amp, i have only thrown the new run once and it was def more under-stable than the stable "freak" first run i had. the river will do more of what you would want an "understable" disc to do anyways.

The Shock (new run) is beefy, you wont be able to turn it at your power level, it might be a good disc for you on windy days or if you need something that fades far left on a hyzer or something, very useful for certain situations, but the volt covers so much middle ground, it doesn't leave much room for other fairway driver slots :)

I am pretty happy with the MVP lineup and look forward to possible replacing the Fuse with the Tangent. The Shock/Amp/Volt will probably take out the Teebird/Stalker/River.. (I imagine the Amp/River battle will be difficult) but MVP has really stepped up. I don't see many holes other then the lack of Speed 9/10 distance drivers.

I'd stay away from the "eclipse neutron" thing for a while. I mean, it's possible, but I highly doubt it. Glow proton serves the purpose of...glowing. They've already got the neutron molds, glow molds, proton molds for 4 of the 8 discs, and now they're throwing in sparkles/metal flakes/shinies/glitter/etc on a few limited runs of proton, and I'm guessing eclipse soon too. That's quite a bit of variety, I think the aesthetic aspect of MVP is probably done for a little while.

I'd look for two things...one being that "zone-clone" that everybody seems to be clamoring for. Seriously, how many times have you seen somebody say "I throw all MVP except for a zone..." (myself included for a little while). I can tell you right now that Chad and Brad have almost assuredly seen that and have taken it into account.

Probably a distance driver too. I dunno...personally I feel like they really don't even need one at the moment; but who am I to judge? If there is one, I hope they name it the Impulse.

I'd pay 50 cash for a proton tangent, no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.