• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Has anyone thrown or held a Watt yet? I saw somewhere it was a theory that the Watt was a max weight Glitch...but I really don't want to try one out if it isn't. Also how does the Ohm's shape compare to the Glitch as I've frequently heard that as a max weight Glitch, or close to it?

Just got mine and couple throws on the field, pink 172g stock neutron, flywise it's between my Glitch and soft neutron Proxy, flies far.

dare I say its the Comet of putters :popcorn:

I came to see what the watt hype is like. Bodanza did a side by side comparison. I was curious enough to watch it. He seems to agree. Extremely Neutral, flight and feel puts it right between the glitch and proxy. He isn't cool enough to make the comet of putters comparison.

You say flies far. Is it right between the glitch and proxy in distance too? I love both proxy and glitch and they both go far. Glitch just not on as practical of a line usually.

My soft neutron Proxy is on the stable side so it has bit more fade in the end, thus sacrificing a hint of distance.

But I couldnt get that big of difference in the distances. Biggest bonus so far is that I can use same grip with the Watt that I use with Envy/Proxy, Glitch feels bit too deep for that

I held a Watt yesterday and it feels nice in the hand. Definitely more substantial than the glitch due to weight and the rim is rounded and feels really good. I didn't buy one b/c I don't think it really fits my bag but I am sort of curious about it. I carry an Envy and some Proxies to cover the range of putter shots and behind that I have my glitch but it doesn't come out very often tbh. I feel like the Watt would be a similar disc. However, I think it would pair really well with the Ohm...I've just had the envy/proxy for so long it's not really tempting to change to ohm/watt...yet at least... :)

My soft neutron Proxy is on the stable side so it has bit more fade in the end, thus sacrificing a hint of distance.

But I couldnt get that big of difference in the distances. Biggest bonus so far is that I can use same grip with the Watt that I use with Envy/Proxy, Glitch feels bit too deep for that

N Soft proxy are the most stable finishing in my experience. Probably my favorite proxy for a do it all driving putter. They hold a turn easier than some of my more HSS neutrons but fade a touch more reliably. I don't carry them often cause they overlap my mids a bit and I don't power them down as well as the inner core. The watt could be the perfect medium between my low glide approach discs and my mids.

So I've never really been a fan of the Envy or the Proxy, though I've only really tried fresh ones and those definitely hold angles very well. Granted most of my experience is with the glow ones from the 2022 Gyro boxes, but I don't see any turn from the Proxy and I can't get the Envy to stay in the air. For reference I usually throw a beat JB Zone for Envy type shots and a Crystal Fierce for the Proxy type stuff. Both DC mold seem to likey natural hyzer release better than the Axiom putters, but I love my Glitch, I just need a firmer one to eliminate the warping.

Heads up! For anyone that bags Fission Wave's and Orbital's. There becoming difficult to find at this time.

Fission Wave's OTB still has them 170g-175g, and GGGT 150g-159g. I'm currently throwing a 153g with three backups at higher weights, working my way up over time.

Neutron Orbital's none to be found on the few sites I looked at a few days ago. Except the SE 170-175g OTB. Plenty of Plasma's on the same site. I have an SE 174g, and a Plasma 174g too heavy for a turnover flip, but both fly left center with ending fade LHBH.

A week ago, arrived a Neutron Orbital 161g a hunch it might challenge my Star Mamba 149g on turnover flips. Took a few practice sessions to figure it out, falls about 10-25 feet short, but closer than when I had a Fission Wave 148g trying to chase down the Mamba for about 9-months. So, I wanted more weight on the Orbital, today arriving 168g to see if I can close up that distance. I ordered the last one Friday morning, when I saw three around the same weight the day before. Wasn't going to let it get away, no more Orbitals left with OTB or anywhere or where I looked for 169g and below.

What I noticed with the 161g its consistent and will stable out with the flip keeping on the dogleg or riding the wind and into the wind. The Mamba more than three years throwing it will fly sometimes stabling out, or rolling, or no clue where its going, running thru doglegs. Forget about throwing into the wind. Tomorrow will be rounds, the rest of the week I'll be working with both Orbitals. It's possible I could be saying goodbye to Mamba's, a year ago, I would have said not possible. See what happens the next few weeks. It also has helped I'm now throwing three-step for all discs in the bag.

Before I figured out the 161g, it was rolling, will make a great roller when I'm ready to spend some time with it for that purpose.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the Watt, biggest question is watt for? I'm real happy with the glitch, soft electron envy's are pretty nice. There just isn't a gap in my bag for a heavy glitch. Also my favourite local retailer got shafted on stock and I had already procured some of Chance's new TS discs with combo shipping. Got a 160 fission rhythm and a 173...

The Watt might be good for short ace runs, but again... I might as well just ThrowaEnvy.

I swear the more I throw the Glitch the more stable it gets/feels. Maybe I'm just tuning it in, there aren't many discs in premium that stable up as they age, though the champion aero comes to mind.

Lost one of my two "favourite" haha rhythms, favourite only because it's fluorescent yellow, it may also be my furthest flying one, L2 with a huge dome, lower plh like the circuits. I just gotta look in the pond with some morning light. Clipped a branch underpowered, kicked into another branch sealing its fate. Been a long while since I lost one in there. Maybe me and the dog should have a quick look, wonder if I still have those cheap polarized sun glasses...

Last edited:
Got my order :D yay. 160 fission rhythm huuuuge dome, and 172 domey as well. Feel nice. Best rhythms ever...

5 STARS

can't wait to throw em....

Haha

Chance also kicked me an extra TS2 glitch so happy surprise there. I guess he was getting me back for that FR volt, totally Awesome!! I'll throw the green because it makes a matched set and probably hold onto the white for a while I'm already throwing his first TS glitch in that spot. I told him bonus points if they have dome and they look like it.. got a TS insanity fission 157 as well..

The Orbital? What the deal. I don't follow this thread. I put in in the bag as a water/throwaway disc. It goes places. Neutron 170ish.

The Orbital? What the deal. I don't follow this thread. I put in in the bag as a water/throwaway disc. It goes places. Neutron 170ish.

I packed it around as a water disc after trying it as a distance driver. Got some truly amazing throws with it and a bunch of garbage throws too. Last time I tried em was when they first came out, I hear the new ones are more stable. I think I would have liked that.

This one time on a huge downhill I got a 3 turn s out of it. Popped it out hyzer and it rode that way awhile before the turn rolled it over just past straight to an anhyzer, it rode it out straightened up and faded. Craziest thing I ever saw, overshot a pin I haven't reached since by about 80'. I just couldn't replicate it again. I just couldn't find the right power level/ technique consistently.

2nd night of field testing the fission rhythm 160, I think it earns the extra 0.5 glide. Not incredibly different than my others thrown flat but a touch less hss and a hint more lss to start but I think it will break in further. Its a lot like my other domey 160 n that has now become flat topped. The major difference is too much anhyzer makes it a roller much faster.

Last edited:
I tossed it again today. Two rounds at the local course. A little squirrelly. Goes far though. I will keep this in the bag. It netted me 2's on back to back days. I've 2ed it probably 2 or 3 times before. Not a headwind fighter. Bombs in the right conditions. I need to put the wave back in as a water disc 😁

So I've never really been a fan of the Envy or the Proxy, though I've only really tried fresh ones and those definitely hold angles very well. Granted most of my experience is with the glow ones from the 2022 Gyro boxes, but I don't see any turn from the Proxy and I can't get the Envy to stay in the air. For reference I usually throw a beat JB Zone for Envy type shots and a Crystal Fierce for the Proxy type stuff. Both DC mold seem to likey natural hyzer release better than the Axiom putters, but I love my Glitch, I just need a firmer one to eliminate the warping.

All of my eclipse proxies are pretty beefy for the mold. It's one reason I dropped the Envy. The envy was in and out of my bag when I carried a beat soft N proxy and a fresh, but since buying a stack of eclipse proxies they've been permanently out.

The proxy is hands down my favorite throwing putter, but brand new they aren't going to show much turn. My most beat one has been in the bag since they came out (baby blue soft N) and it only needs a touch of hyzer to fly dead nuts straight 300'+, so it's not a very easy disc to get turn out of IMO.

Most MVP/Axiom numbers are pretty accurate in my eyes, but the Proxy definitely isn't a negative 1 HSS disc when its new based on my experience. Particularly the glow version, no way. Those barely show on turn for me, and sometimes none, when I throw them 400' in a field. They're awesome for cycling but not what I'd want if I were looking for a -1 HSS putter.

They're awesome for cycling but not what I'd want if I were looking for a -1 HSS putter.

How long does it take you to beat one in? I have a mw Soft Neutron one with over a year of heavy use on it and I still get that straight flight at 300' with just a touch of hyzer and some height.

If I want to get any notable turn from it I have to throw it pretty low or very flat. My plan was originally to beat it in and have an understable and a straight one but that's seeming less likely to happen with every month that passes.

How long does it take you to beat one in? I have a mw Soft Neutron one with over a year of heavy use on it and I still get that straight flight at 300' with just a touch of hyzer and some height.

If I want to get any notable turn from it I have to throw it pretty low or very flat. My plan was originally to beat it in and have an understable and a straight one but that's seeming less likely to happen with every month that passes.

I'm not super familiar with proxys but with the envy the soft starts out with a touch less HSS and a touch more LSS, it never seems like it will totally get rid of the lss. Neutrons age to be the straightest premium envy.... I've been throwing my yard envy plasmas for a decade I think, and they are developing some turn. Last year they finally made it to the point where I don't feel comfortable putting them, great for approach. Premium plastic I'd say about 3 yrs to fully season.

Have you tried cycling in an electron proxy?

I think it took me 12-16 months to get mine past that point.

Here's a good example of the flights I was getting when mine were fresher: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXyq3ws2d8&t=1m24s

Three proxy holes in a row.

First was a nice forced turnover, a snappy flat throw aimed a bit high to let it drift. Second shot I wanted it to go straight to slightly right but you can see I put a little hyzer on it by accident. Then third throw I wanted a slowly drifting hyzer.

So to me it's more comparable to a slower buzz out of the box, something I can get to hold most any angle, but it doesn't show a strong turn or fade without being given some anny or hyzer.

If you're curious, here's a full 18 with a variety of fresh proxies. pink one is a regular, blue one is soft - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6UsY42pyY

If you want an understable one to pair with your straight one, electron is the ticket. I have one I beat up in an hour to be my most understable one, while my most beat soft N I've been throwing since I made those videos back around 2016 or 2017 and it's still straighter than the electron.

Thanks a ton guys!

I think it took me 12-16 months to get mine past that point.

Here's a good example of the flights I was getting when mine were fresher: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXyq3ws2d8&t=1m24s

Three proxy holes in a row.

First was a nice forced turnover, a snappy flat throw aimed a bit high to let it drift. Second shot I wanted it to go straight to slightly right but you can see I put a little hyzer on it by accident. Then third throw I wanted a slowly drifting hyzer.

So to me it's more comparable to a slower buzz out of the box, something I can get to hold most any angle, but it doesn't show a strong turn or fade without being given some anny or hyzer.

Yeah, I've neve owned a buzzz, but having thrown several I would agree, I'd compare it to a smaller diameter Star/Champ Mako3, maybe even a bit more turn resistant.

If you're curious, here's a full 18 with a variety of fresh proxies. pink one is a regular, blue one is soft - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6UsY42pyY

If you want an understable one to pair with your straight one, electron is the ticket. I have one I beat up in an hour to be my most understable one, while my most beat soft N I've been throwing since I made those videos back around 2016 or 2017 and it's still straighter than the electron.

I'm not super familiar with proxys but with the envy the soft starts out with a touch less HSS and a touch more LSS, it never seems like it will totally get rid of the lss. Neutrons age to be the straightest premium envy.... I've been throwing my yard envy plasmas for a decade I think, and they are developing some turn. Last year they finally made it to the point where I don't feel comfortable putting them, great for approach. Premium plastic I'd say about 3 yrs to fully season.

Have you tried cycling in an electron proxy?

Yeah, my original plan was to beat up an electron proxy that I owned and use that at least until the Neutron Soft one beat in.

The one I had was an Electron Soft that I beat in to the flight I wanted, but I was having issues with the release, every few throws it would just not come out cleanly and sometimes a bit offline too, which is not what you want with a finesse disc. I though it might be a combination of the baseline grippiness and it being soft so I picked up an Electron Hard and started working with that, but I ran into the same issue.

I normally don't have issues throwing baseline platics but I haven't thrown MVP's much. I'm thinking it might be because the ones I have are a little bit deeper/domier than my Neutron Soft and I really prefer shallow and flat-ish putters.

I know the electron envy is a different mold, tweaked to what it should fly like... there were molding problems in transition, one of the things holding up electron entropy's, i wonder if the tempo will be more conducive to a straight transition... are the proxies the same? Different mold for electron?

PS screw your proxies and Simon's too....

Simom throws the Proxy? Neat! Any good videos I should check out of him throwing them for tee shots?