• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

For everybody that's been waiting for the Aluminum Glitch 350g. I was laughing during the video it's loud, you can hear a clang when the disc left Simon hand, tree hits sounded like an Aluminum bat on a baseball, and hitting the chains a bowling alley.

I would love to have it for the sound effects, and see how many heads I could turn. Theirs also a Plasma.

Oh man so loud... "cowbell" was the best description of it. Haha.

Well we know how they've been wasting time this winter haha.

Enough damn glitches..

I will also add consistent and versatile. Very stable for straight away holes in the woods. In the open up to 25 mph wind stable from any wind direction. It bounced my Neutron Reactor out of the bag. If you have another visit in our area, and decide to play Waller Mill, you'll find it very useful.

I mean, or you can just throw a crave. Or a relay.

So, I've been all fat, dumb, and happy putting with the Electron Atom Firm. On Saturday I get a text from PIAS for a Military Veterans discount and the first thought was how good the Music City Medium Pixel 173g felt compared to the first run Pixels. Sooooooo.....

I go over to PIAS once again, do the grip comparisons. And decide to take Music City home. The problem I had with first runs their were space gaps between my fingers and the rim. Those gaps are not there with Music Pixel, the grip feels just like my Atom. IMO there has to of been some changes. It's possible just like the prototype Time lapse, Simon may of said something about the first runs or not.

With the rain over the weekend did some garage putting. This mornings rounds I felt comfortable enough to use it C1 did great, and second disc behind the Atom C2 and beyond. After the rounds used the course practice basket for longer putts, I was coming in too high on the course. See what happens over the next month. The putting competition will keep me sharp.

Attachments

• 20240525_125943.jpg
    20240525_125943.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Yeah I remember the changes to the ion tooling as they modified it it wasn't super noticeable but it was nicer. I'm curious about the MCO pixel now. Haha I just got an email from my "local" ish retailer saying my Team Canada MVP discs were shipping and if I wanted to add it would be free shipping 😉 I'm trying not to... got a 172 fission rhythm in the cart and gonna look for an MCO when I post this haha.

Went to an open (windy) course on Saturday, the pixel was not my friend, should have taken the 170g otb soft tempo, the 174 was too much. Wish I'd taken a hex too. I swear one day I will learn... leaned on the 160 rhythm as a mid it didn't park close enough but flew the lines.

So, I've been all fat, dumb, and happy putting with the Electron Atom Firm. On Saturday I get a text from PIAS for a Military Veterans discount and the first thought was how good the Music City Medium Pixel 173g felt compared to the first run Pixels. Sooooooo.....

I go over to PIAS once again, do the grip comparisons. And decide to take Music City home. The problem I had with first runs their were space gaps between my fingers and the rim. Those gaps are not there with Music Pixel, the grip feels just like my Atom. IMO there has to of been some changes. It's possible just like the prototype Time lapse, Simon may of said something about the first runs or not.

With the rain over the weekend did some garage putting. This mornings rounds I felt comfortable enough to use it C1 did great, and second disc behind the Atom C2 and beyond. After the rounds used the course practice basket for longer putts, I was coming in too high on the course. See what happens over the next month. The putting competition will keep me sharp.
Pixel rocks. Took over my main putter duties, and has not looked back. Great for short approach shots, too. The more I use it, the more I like it! It has me feeling like I should never miss at 20' or less, and if I do, it was me, not the disc. Also, mild to medium winds actually bothering me less than ever before. I bag Pixel as my main putter, Fierce to go right, and Proxy to go left. I like all three, but getting so comfortable with the Pixel, that I am starting to use it with a little angle for some slight go left and go right shots. I might need to bag a back up Pixel soon, to start breaking in just in case I ever need to replace my baby!

Am I the only one here that's going to be playing in one of the Glitch World Championship events? I selected the option to have a Streamline Parachute in addition to the Plasma Glitch and Pitch, and I'll let y'all know about it with pics comparing the 3 all within the Plasma plastic, but that won't be until mid June. I hadn't seen any talk about the Parachute so I figured I'd mention it.

Pixel rocks. Took over my main putter duties, and has not looked back. Great for short approach shots, too. The more I use it, the more I like it! It has me feeling like I should never miss at 20' or less, and if I do, it was me, not the disc. Also, mild to medium winds actually bothering me less than ever before. I bag Pixel as my main putter, Fierce to go right, and Proxy to go left. I like all three, but getting so comfortable with the Pixel, that I am starting to use it with a little angle for some slight go left and go right shots. I might need to bag a back up Pixel soon, to start breaking in just in case I ever need to replace my baby!
The first run Pixels the grip was good enough for putting, and up 25 mph wind. But I was always having to adjust my hand on the disc. Throwing no, turn and burn, and standstills forget it. I could feel the disc shifting in my grip throwing. It could be a me thing. Along comes the Atom, the past few months best putter I've had, good bye Pixels.

The MCO Pixels, totally different feeling, feels just like the Atom. Tomorrow 15 mph wind, good test will be C1 putter, expecting good putting. It will be a second putter in C2 and beyond behind the Atom. See what happens and go from there.

The first run Pixels the grip was good enough for putting, and up 25 mph wind. But I was always having to adjust my hand on the disc. Throwing no, turn and burn, and standstills forget it. I could feel the disc shifting in my grip throwing. It could be a me thing. Along comes the Atom, the past few months best putter I've had, good bye Pixels.

The MCO Pixels, totally different feeling, feels just like the Atom. Tomorrow 15 mph wind, good test will be C1 putter, expecting good putting. It will be a second putter in C2 and beyond behind the Atom. See what happens and go from there.
One of my club guys is now convinced the pixel is a modified proxy.

Now, I've always guessed the atom core is the envy core. I duno though.

One of my club guys is now convinced the pixel is a modified proxy.

Now, I've always guessed the atom core is the envy core. I duno though.
The proxy/atom/envy are all supposedly the same core, and the pixel feels more rounded than any of them to me. Could be a similar wing but the core feels unique.

Am I the only one here that's going to be playing in one of the Glitch World Championship events? I selected the option to have a Streamline Parachute in addition to the Plasma Glitch and Pitch, and I'll let y'all know about it with pics comparing the 3 all within the Plasma plastic, but that won't be until mid June. I hadn't seen any talk about the Parachute so I figured I'd mention it.
I'm running one. It should be fun, especially since you can bring your own Glitches & Pitches too!

I just hope I can get enough people signing up to break even with the 24 minimum player pack order :mad:....sometimes living in the rural midwest sucks!

I might have to get me a MCO Pixel to see what that is about. l have an Atom - it is okay, but I definitely putt better with my Pixel.

I'm running one. It should be fun, especially since you can bring your own Glitches & Pitches too!

I just hope I can get enough people signing up to break even with the 24 minimum player pack order :mad:....sometimes living in the rural midwest sucks!
Well I'll keep you in mind if I like them enough to need backup ones, especially if you'll have any spare Parachutes.

I might have to get me a MCO Pixel to see what that is about. l have an Atom - it is okay, but I definitely putt better with my Pixel.
Maybe this will help you decide. 15 mph headwind from the left, lefty putt faded under the canopy 54 footer for birdie. Very pleased two rounds a two putt within C1, a few made within and just beyond C1. Beyond 40 feet putted second behind the Atom Firm, splashed chains from about 75. Much better with long range putting.today. Going to pick up a second MCO before they disappear from PIAS. See how it goes for a few months, either way there both staying, one of them will own C1.

Attachments

• 20240530_091207.jpg
    20240530_091207.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
Sadly, I lost my Prism Plasma Pyro this morning. A tree kick sent it deep into thick bushes where I've seen Copperheads, and Cottonmouths. Not going in there. I had it almost two years.

I'm thinking about a Prism Neutron Pyro. Compared to the Plasma:

1. Which is more overstable.

2. Better glide.

3. More push into headwinds.

4. And as always more distance. My Plasma Entropy could keep up with my Pyro, but not as overstable.

Gavin likes his gyro mids and I do too. Watched him throw his glow Hex several times on the OTB Open coverage.

Latest posts