• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Distance Drivers

the volts, man. big change on the volts. maybe now they are coming out "correctly" which is considered a step forward, but for the people that liked being able to buy a P and N volt to cover different lines (like i had planned on doing) it was a little annoying. i will probably wait for the first ones to come out and see what's up.

C'mon now, you know you can't let facts get in the way of trolling MVP threads!:D

They did change the volt mold, it starts out more stable now than it used to, but its still the same disc after you beat it in.

Not sure if that counts..

I don't expect their Distance Drivers to have any problems though seeing as they have learned a lot about the process since their first fairway driver releases and since then things have been very smooth.

I am interested in the Tesla destroyer clone, surprised they didn't plan to release that one first.

Well, I for one have to apologize for being one of those 'I WANT A DISTANCE DRIVER' guys.....

Great first step by MVP for distance drivers, speed 10-11 is great for disc golf!

Maybe next year they will fill out the speed 12-13 drivers for the pros out there and you will see sponsored players on the tour.

I for one am very impressed by the differences in weights, surprised no one is talking more about this! They are making these discs for experienced disc golfers, but also light weight for weaker arms! bravo mvp......bravo!

I was even thinking of getting one of the distance drivers in lightweight overstable. And just seeing what it can do on a calm day.......Could probably hit 400ft + with my average arm!

if i find a 10/11 from them that i really enjoy, it may encourage me to go with a more traditional speed 7 fairway instead of the PD, and then also maybe a slot for speed 13/14 for absolute max distance. right now the most i see in my future is picking up a patriot. the PD can power down like a rival.

A lot of you know I have not had much love for MVP, well their fanboys at least. I am actually ashamed to admit I am excited about this disc. I have decided to go out of my comfort range and try it. As a matter of fact, when I get my taxes back I am gonna try and pick up the servo, switch, volt, and amp, and set some money aside for an inertia. I don't feel as if I gave MVP a fair shake and want to try them again. The inertia being in the speed 10-11 range is perfect for me.

Give me ur Rocs Teebird and Destroyers. U no longer are allowed to carry them. I like what MVP is doing but still think the whole overmold Greek sandwich is nonsense

I'll be curious to see if they start running Amps and Volts down into the 150s and low 160s. I'd be a very happy camper with a 160 gram Amp.

Give me ur Rocs Teebird and Destroyers. U no longer are allowed to carry them. I like what MVP is doing but still think the whole overmold Greek sandwich is nonsense

Well, I do not throw Rocs because I do not like large diameter mids. I do not throw Destroyers because I only throw speed 10 and under. And when it comes to the teebirds you can pry them from my cold dead hands. LMAO. Seriously though, I am not like drooling or getting all oh baby, oh baby over these discs, just want to try something different. Maybe get the Nutsac back out and make a small MVP bag. At least drivers and fairways. I do not like their putters or mids.

hope the motion is actually over stable.... i can flip everything they have released up to date

Video of you flipping a Shock or Resistor please.. on a clean flat release?

Unless it is a first run shock. They do not count. I would like to see video of a second run or newer shock being flipped without anny release or OAT myself. If it can be done on a clean flat release that person is the next distance record holder. Even OATing the crap out of the second run shock i threw i couldnt flip it.

I'll be curious to see if they start running Amps and Volts down into the 150s and low 160s. I'd be a very happy camper with a 160 gram Amp.

I didn't like the Amp, but I would love to be able to get a bright purple or pink 150-class Amp for my 8 year-old daughter. She hates how "ugly" all her other lightweight discs are except her pink Birdie and her purple Polecat LOL

Unless it is a first run shock. They do not count. I would like to see video of a second run or newer shock being flipped without anny release or OAT myself. If it can be done on a clean flat release that person is the next distance record holder. Even OATing the crap out of the second run shock i threw i couldnt flip it.

Shock might be possible, but no way he's flipping a fresh Resistor. That thing is mad beefy.

Last edited:
There has not been any quality issues that i am aware of since the Amp/Shock First runs, and that was a long time ago.

It's pretty safe to say MVP knows what they are doing enough to release discs consistently at this point, wouldn't worry about it.

So the last 2 years, yeah real long time ago. :p

meta-relevant ideas!

24XVEqj.jpg