• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Driver

Oh ****, they all got stolen, I need a disc similar to the magic NOW!

:|.

Has anyone experienced any kind of seperation from the overmold from hard wear? Just curious on how strong that holds up.

Has anyone experienced any kind of seperation from the overmold from hard wear? Just curious on how strong that holds up.

Not yet. I keep the MVP's in my Nutsac for rounds where I don't wanna carry the big bag, so I don't throw them a ton. I am very impressed with the Anode, both for drives and putts. I'd love to see them make a Zone-like overstable putter.

No, not separation...I have had small chunks rip off/flake up and I tore them off right where the "bead" on the Anode meets the overmold, though. The bead is beat to piss, all scratched up and worn down, but other than a few tiny chips the overmold is perfectly attached.

No, not separation...I have had small chunks rip off/flake up and I tore them off right where the "bead" on the Anode meets the overmold, though. The bead is beat to piss, all scratched up and worn down, but other than a few tiny chips the overmold is perfectly attached.

Nice, thanks. I was just curious because if and when they do come out with a distance driver, that would be my concerns. :D

Last edited:
Lol you should be good, I'll post a picture in a few hours when I have the time:thmbup:

Negative. I've pretty well beat the heck out of an Ion and half the heck out of an Axis...both look solid still. The first Axis I got was freakishly overstable, so after a couple months of no change in stability, I bent and flexed that disc hard in all directions - overmold didn't flinch a bit.

Starting to see some inconsistencies in newer runs of their discs, however, where the overmold has some dips or waves in it. Doesn't seem to affect the flight, and the ones that I've seen have been only minor defects. On a newer Vector of mine, you can see this clearly, and looking through the core to the mating surfaces there are some gaps or whatever in the bonding - flies like it's supposed to, though.

So however they bond the overmold to the core, it works, and really well.

Negative. I've pretty well beat the heck out of an Ion and half the heck out of an Axis...both look solid still. The first Axis I got was freakishly overstable, so after a couple months of no change in stability, I bent and flexed that disc hard in all directions - overmold didn't flinch a bit.

Starting to see some inconsistencies in newer runs of their discs, however, where the overmold has some dips or waves in it. Doesn't seem to affect the flight, and the ones that I've seen have been only minor defects. On a newer Vector of mine, you can see this clearly, and looking through the core to the mating surfaces there are some gaps or whatever in the bonding - flies like it's supposed to, though.

So however they bond the overmold to the core, it works, and really well.

Yeah, I have a buddy who has a pretty beat up ion with dings and gouges from the plastic to overmold. It does seem very "molded" together to withstand sharp dings like that. I didn't know how others mvp plastics were holding up, but from what you guys are telling me, pretty darn good.

I wish I liked the actual discs more than I do, but the quality is top notch in materials, construction, and thus far has a high level of consistency. If they do come up with a driver, I'll be taking a close look at it for sure.

Agree with the durability. And the "flaws" make for some really neat whistling sounds. My buddies know without looking when I through my Vector... :thmbup:

Given the fact that mvp discs seem to never ever ever ever get flippy I'd like to see a speed 7-8 leopard like driver :)
Basically a faster axis. I think I could find a lot of use for it and nothing OS could ever replace a firebird so a more neutral disc is where I'd spend my moolah

My FR Axis is now flippy. It took a lot of trees to get it that way but it's there. It happened all of a sudden like too.

Latest posts