• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Driver

Given the fact that mvp discs seem to never ever ever ever get flippy I'd like to see a speed 7-8 leopard like driver :)
Basically a faster axis. I think I could find a lot of use for it and nothing OS could ever replace a firebird so a more neutral disc is where I'd spend my moolah

The new runs of Vectors and the Axis beat in rather quickly (compared to other MVP discs). I've got a really US Axis, a slightly US one, and now a brand new one. My Eclipse Vector has turned into more of a Roc-like flight, while my FR Vector is still beefier than the Hulk.

I threw heartman.'s beat vector at flyboy and freaking parked hole 23 with it. Kind of made me want one, but I don't want to do the work to get it there. His axis was even more stable.

yup, mine happened at flyboy. i threw it and it went out straight like usual then turned and burned. i thought i maybe OAT'ed it but ever since it's been like that. i can give it some hyzer and it'll still pop up and turn right at the end.

i'm actually glad it happened. i've been throwing a beat to **** pro pig for that shot which was to say not as consistent. plus it's just an excuse to throw my MD2 more.

More opaque Ions would be awesome. An overstable putter mid like a Pig/Zone/Drone/Gator would be awesome.

Can I invest in a machine for you guys to produce opaque Ions?

They already have the formulas for the opaque blend. If they had another machine to solely produce them non-stop, they would sell.

They already have the formulas for the opaque blend. If they had another machine to solely produce them non-stop, they would sell.

I always get the impression they're working with a very limited capacity and that's part of the reason for the glacier paced speed they do things.

Heres some food for thought when it come to the original post -
and reason for the way ,and pace they take in doing things ..

Last summer when playing with chad and brad .. a local said ..
" so wheres your fat caddy (cadillac) you should be roaling in after selling so many disc all over the us"

One of them said in responce ... "You dont realize it cost 40 Thousand dollars for every new mold" ..

So with every mold costing them a loan of $40,000 .. They are going to take their time when it comes to making a new mold ...lol ( Ie. Driver )

Also ... They are not just a disc company ...
They are a plastic factory making all diff kinds of items ..
only a piece of the factory is dedicated to disc golf ..

Last edited:
maybe chimchar would weigh in on this but I would speculate that only part of the factory is used to make discs only during a specified time. And that is the only time they can run large quantities of discs.

how is that working out for them? :D like most other things, they may have copied but they have done it better. who throws quest anyway? They were trying new things and for that i applaud them, but clearly quest is not winning with their gyro tech and mvp is.

You said MVP was doing things no one else was 1st. If it comes down to winning sales then MVP is doing very well, but doing things no one else is doing is totally wrong.

You said MVP was doing things no one else was 1st. If it comes down to winning sales then MVP is doing very well, but doing things no one else is doing is totally wrong.

Potayto, potahto. Yes Quest did the "more weight on the outside = better gyroscopics" first, but do you honestly think they put as much time into testing/developing the finished product as MVP? Let alone either piece of the mold? ..Not to mention I'd bet a nut that MVP's outer ring will stay bonded to the inner core better than Quest's would.

Potayto, potahto. Yes Quest did the "more weight on the outside = better gyroscopics" first, but do you honestly think they put as much time into testing/developing the finished product as MVP? Let alone either piece of the mold? ..Not to mention I'd bet a nut that MVP's outer ring will stay bonded to the inner core better than Quest's would.
:clap: thank you sir.

Totally wrong how? Just curious. Sales, quality products, great customer service, and willing to listen to their customers. This is how mvp is winning. They have taken an idea and started to perfect it. Tons of companies do this. Android, apple, microsoft, samsung etc. Good artists copy great artists steal. And I'm off my soapbox.

I think any driver they put out is going to be huge.

It seems like the further you throw an MVP disc the more unique it looks in the air. I've had some silly straight shots with Anodes and Axis that would be real tough to consistently replicate with any other disc.

Problem is not as many people drive putters or even mids as they do drivers, but everyone drives with drivers, so they'll see right away the unique qualities of the disc that might not be as apparent on a 100' upshot.

Oh and whoever said the Anode wasn't needed in their line-up...couldn't disagree more. EVERY company has room for a putter mold that it straighter and glidier than their other putters without having high speed turn. That is extremely useful and the Anode is my most used disc.

Sorry to double quote you...not sure if this is a first or not (I've only thrown so many putters), but what about the curved inner rim on the Ion/Anode? Was the Ion the first disc to utilize that? If not, what disc was?

Totally wrong how? Just curious. Sales, quality products, great customer service, and willing to listen to their customers. This is how mvp is winning. They have taken an idea and started to perfect it. Tons of companies do this. Android, apple, microsoft, samsung etc. Good artists copy great artists steal. And I'm off my soapbox.

They may be willing to listen, but if they followed up on it I would be throwing the MVP driver right now!!!

^^^Why no patience? Just because you aren't throwing one now doesn't mean it won't come out [soon] :|

Latest posts