• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Eclipse Glow Proton Ion

Amazing deal no doubt! Selling the Eclipse Ions for slightly less than the normal runs had to have been a mistake on someones part, but I'm loving it! Just got an email saying they're shipping out my order today, awesome!

MS shipped mine out today also. Doesn't look like there are any softs left, and only like 3-4 lighter weight mediums. Grab those mediums while you can cuz I doubt they'll sell them at this price again.

Disc golf center has soft's and mediums in all 4 colors get them while they are hot. 20 bucks shipped.

DGC has them up....They have some listed as "Clear"..is that the icy blue color i've seen? I'd love one of those blue ones

Our of the initial Eclipse orders we shipped included the colors pink, yellow, orange, and ice blue. We did not produce any true clear ones. I would suspect that the clear they have listed are the ice blue color.

The ice blue are quite light, and appear clear without much sunlight. But they will come to life when exposed to UV light :thmbup:

You guys sure had some good timing releasing these. It's going to be getting dark around 5pm now that the clocks are going back, so that leaves 6 hours of night time golf (Two state park DGC nearby, close at 11).

Last night I went to one of those courses and threw the front 9 while the sun was setting, then put my bag in my car and finished the back 9 with my two glow Ions. It was a lot of fun, and I didn't even need to charge them every hole. The green soft I have seems especially bright in the daylight compared to my other green MVP discs. It sticks out so well between that and the white rim that it's been my go to on shots with a lot of rough that can obscure where a disc lands.

The 175g soft is a lot of fun to drive with. It's heavier and slightly more overstable than my 171's I've broken in some. It's been holding some nice lines and held up to some headwinds real nice yesterday. Hit chains on one of the short ace run holes with it last night in the dark :D

Got mine from MS yesterday an ran over to get a round it at my local course. played through like 3-4 groups and drove w/the ion, every person in every group asked me what the H did I just throw, and when I showed them they were awestruck at how sexy the new eclipse Ions are. I've only thrown the texture bottom Ions, so these were new to me, and I loved them compare to my older ions. The bead is way more pronounced and feels more like my wizards in hand, but feel like they'll be more durable than my wiz's, which is what im lookin for cuz i start to get uncomfortable when my wizards start clovering. I think these Ions are the answer.

Forgive me for not knowing - what do you guys mean by "clovering" about Wizards?

Forgive me for not knowing - what do you guys mean by "clovering" about Wizards?

As the disc wears in the flightplate will start to have indents or large sunken impressions, typically in four spots that resemble a clover. Wizards are notorious for this as they have a thinner flightplate than most other putters. Some people love the clovering, others hate it.

As the disc wears in the flightplate will start to have indents or large sunken impressions, typically in four spots that resemble a clover. Wizards are notorious for this as they have a thinner flightplate than most other putters. Some people love the clovering, others hate it.

Ah right I see. Thanks man.

My glow Ions were supposed to be here yesterday but apparently got delayed at one of the stations. :-( On the bright side, I actually found the regular soft Ion I thought someone stole. Guess I should give people more credit, hehe.

So for driving purposes only,which firmness would u guys say works better? Any difference in stability between a max weight soft and a max weight medium?

The last ions i threw were the 2nd runs so its been a while since ive thrown an ion and these eclipse ones looks slick! No pun intented

So for driving purposes only,which firmness would u guys say works better? Any difference in stability between a max weight soft and a max weight medium?

The last ions i threw were the 2nd runs so its been a while since ive thrown an ion and these eclipse ones looks slick! No pun intented

I haven't noticed a big stability difference, but the softs feel a tiny bit more overstable. Right now my most OS Ion is a 174g Soft glow. I'd just pick whichever feels best in your hand, they perform the same for the most part. Med's roll a little better.