• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Hyzer or flat release? With a lot of power and not perfect execution on a flat throw I can see the inertia acting as you describe but not at all for noodle arms. Its faster than a amp for sure and the difference in speed is not about more distance really as much as it is easier to reach further distances with more accuracy. This is not a torque happy disc and can see how it plays into some styles better than others. The more OS drivers also have me more excited but this will be a fun one for tailwind/longer rollers I believe. Volts really need work to go past 375'

Hyzer or flat release? With a lot of power and not perfect execution on a flat throw I can see the inertia acting as you describe but not at all for noodle arms. Its faster than a amp for sure and the difference in speed is not about more distance really as much as it is easier to reach further distances with more accuracy. This is not a torque happy disc and can see how it plays into some styles better than others. The more OS drivers also have me more excited but this will be a fun one for tailwind/longer rollers I believe. Volts really need work to go past 375'

it needs some hyzer and height to complete flight but landing area was too wide. I dont have very finesse throw so this might be the problem. i need more stability to gain more control.

I had similar experiences with Inertia as Kiekko_FIN, suprisingly understable for my noodle arm, and quite touchy. But my form sucks, so there's that. Certainly not a torque friendly disc.

it needs some hyzer and height to complete flight but landing area was too wide. I dont have very finesse throw so this might be the problem. i need more stability to gain more control.

I had similar experiences with Inertia as Kiekko_FIN, suprisingly understable for my noodle arm, and quite touchy. But my form sucks, so there's that. Certainly not a torque friendly disc.

My theory is, you guys are just too close to the arctic circle, and the resulting increase to the coriolis effect is causing erractic disc flight.

Just kidding, stay frosty guys...:hfive:

After throwing the Inertia more on my last round, I would say that my initial rating of a 2 fade should be amended to a 1.5, or maybe even a 1. In other words, I agree with the above review.

Loving this Inertia

I received my 166 weight (Black core, blue wing from CD...sweet) Inertia yesterday. I got to go out and test it in 35 knot plus winds today. As it is slightly US, I was expecting bad things. I was not expecting it to fight the wind and progress forward(my Crave actually stalled 100 foot out and came back at me). Now I have only been playing since Jan, so I know I do not have a super fast throw, but WOW! Even in those winds, I still managed to throw it in the 250-270 foot range.
I own an Eclipse Volt that I have taken out of my bag as I decided it was still too fast for me. This was much easier to throw. I love the feel of this disc!
Not only does it back hand well, It flies with a nice flick as well. I also tried it with a tomahawk about 100 foot out from a practice basket and bounced it off the top(in a lull in the wind mind you). I also was not expecting a speed 10 to be that accurate.

I am loving this disc, I can hardly wait for a nice day to actually get a round in with it.
:thmbup:

Last edited:
You mean Crave? There is no colored OM in the inertia or you have the 2 things backwards in your description.

No, I also ordered a Crave, and in my excitement of posting, I posted the wrong color. That should have read 166 gram storm-trooper Inertia from CD. Not only do I feel quite stupid now, it is also too late for me to edit.

Happens to the best of us! lol. damn edit window. Just wanted to make sure you weren't actualllllly talking about the crave'

Album here!

I was going to circle the portion of the rim I was referring to but forgot until now and am lazy lol. Also the Flow is in those pictures because it was within arms reach - and the OrionLF because they're the tits:)

Haha I'm just curious how it sits in your hand that it could be bothersome. That piqued my interest, totally off the agenda clock..

There isn't enough contact on the inside of my hand when gripping...right where the fat part of your palm below your thumb meets with the rest of your (normal width) palm.

Directly between your thumb and pinky, below your index finger (if that makes sense).

Album here!

I was going to circle the portion of the rim I was referring to but forgot until now and am lazy lol. Also the Flow is in those pictures because it was within arms reach - and the OrionLF because they're the tits:)

There isn't enough contact on the inside of my hand when gripping...right where the fat part of your palm below your thumb meets with the rest of your (normal width) palm.

Directly between your thumb and pinky, below your index finger (if that makes sense).

Well, your name is GripEnemy, so I'm not sure what you expected. :p

I'm beginning to see your problem.

ChickenFoot.jpg

Grabbed three of these, interested to throw them.

Typically, understable discs have been very iffy for me because my form is in flux and so I feel my ability to reliably hyzer-flip these kind of discs (looking at you, Amp) is really dodgy.

Grabbed three of these, interested to throw them.

Typically, understable discs have been very iffy for me because my form is in flux and so I feel my ability to reliably hyzer-flip these kind of discs (looking at you, Amp) is really dodgy.

For what it's worth, I find the Inertia much easier to hyzer flip than the Amp. Hopefully you'll find the same.

For what it's worth, I find the Inertia much easier to hyzer flip than the Amp. Hopefully you'll find the same.

Yes, the Inertia is quite easy to hyzer flip. The Inertia is taking shots away from my Amp, but it a good way. What I mean by that is I'm getting longer S curves and flips for more D with the Inertia, and by using the Amp more selectively for some long wooded tunnel shots, I've actually been happier with my Amp's performance when thrown. Not sure if anyone else has had similar experiences. Each of these discs has their place and I am definitely seeing a distance gap between Switch, Amp and Inertia consistent with their overall speeds.

I don't know if it is the extra few mm of wing, or the extra light weights, but my 155g and 160g Inertias are niice. They do what I want to do with my 168g Amp, but easier and longer. I didn't think I was going to like this disc, but I was wrong.

i think my inertia is more akin to a switch than the amp i used to have. the amp had a slow turnover both my switch and inertia turn over hard with just a bit to much snap.

^That's funny, I find the complete opposite. One throw with the Amp I'd turn it over, the next it would hyzer out early. Funny how different throwers can have such varying experiences with the same discs. That's one of the cool, yet maddening, elements of this game.

Latest posts