• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

my max drives on wide open holes are in the 375-450range(450 being a tailwind shot with a d4) my comfort zone right now is the 330-to 350 range

I think I just need to back off the inertia a hair I was expecting them to be a little faster than they are

:doh:my form isn't always the greatest either lol that could have something to do with it

im still in mourning over my first mvp disc a pepto pink neutron volt I lost almost a year to the day after I bought it. had just the right amount of flip when I lost it now I have an eclipse volt and its a completely different disc

Last edited:
:doh:my form isn't always the greatest either lol that could have something to do with it

im still in mourning over my first mvp disc a pepto pink neutron volt I lost almost a year to the day after I bought it. had just the right amount of flip

might like the crave.

yea they have a nice feel to them haven't thrown one but got to grope a friends melon crave last week the gstar leopard has taken over that spot in my bag for the moment though

I had another great outing with the Inertia today out at Bradford. For some reason in field practice it doesn't go much farther than my distance discs like my Tern Boss but on the course it usually goes farther. I think it's because it's easier to throw and easier to get that distance.

I've had trouble Hyzer flipping (in general) but today I had a beautiful one. Real tight laser spiral 325 feet landing about 40 feet from the hole. The hole is about 330 straight again and then 40 feet dead right into the woods. I found more shoulder turn in the backswing helped me get a lot more snap thus the flip.

The more I throw it the more I'm liking it.

In a nutshell, similar golf distance to my distance drivers but way more control.

Right now my Inertia, Amp, Tangent and Ion are ruling the course. And based on the Inertia every one of my drivers speed 9 and up are in deep poo poo when MVP hits with the rest of the DD lineup.

i gave inertia another chance yesterday. i didn't do any better. 80 meters and crash boom bang. then i tried it on a up hill hole. I usually throw D3 or amp. bit hyzer and they flip up flat and cruise uphill. inertia just kept the hyzer and landed left. it just didn't flip like on flat ground. :doh:

I had another great outing with the Inertia today out at Bradford. For some reason in field practice it doesn't go much farther than my distance discs like my Tern Boss but on the course it usually goes farther. I think it's because it's easier to throw and easier to get that distance.

I'm just curious if others are getting Tern distance or better with the Inertia. I love the Inertia and find easier throw than the Tern and more controllable. I expect to throw the Inertia off the tee more than the Tern due to increased control. The Tern does go further for me for wide open holes though. Are most of you guys getting Tern kind of distance with this disc? What disc(s) would you compare it to distance wise. For me I'm getting similar distance to a Beast - maybe a touch more but very close. I know discs fly different for everyone so just curious.

Tern is longer for me...But it also has a wider wing and is a lot more high speed stable.

I think for bigger arm guys it would be closer to a faster sidewinder but with a bit more fade on the end or maybe a worn in beast

Beast-ish, but more control. Sleeker profile, maybe a tick faster.

id say judging by the difference between my proton and neutron volts, I'm gonna like the proton inertia better. is there a timeline on these yet?

Nothing that I've heard. I'm still waiting on Proton Amps. :\

I honestly don't see them releasing a Proton Inertia until all of the distance drivers are out. Maybe then they'll evaluate the needs to see which one is worth running in Proton.