• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP overhand/up-side-down?

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Who throws their MVPlastic on thumber/hammer/grenade/scoober/I don't know what to call them throws? (rollers too, I suppose)

I was out today and threw 2 awesome OH shots with my Ion, which I never do. Not that I never make them, I just never attempt them...but it worked out wonderfully. Grenades with the Axis (for the short time it was in my bag) were very predictable and for the most part stayed put where they landed. I've thrown some scoobers/whatever the reverse of a scoober is with Vector's and once again I've been nothing but happy with the results. Rollers, though not really what I'm most concerned about, have worked with all three but I find my favorite by far to be the Ion..works wonders on the ground. If it wasn't so bad for your shoulder I would play an all MVP all OH/unorthodox round . . .

I've not thrown much OH with MVP discs, but occasionally in funky lies I've thrown Vector Tomahawk upshots and Ion tomahawk putts with moderate success.

I don't know what the shot is called, but the Ion will slide nice if thrown to flip onto it's flight plate. Good for getting out of the ****.

I think it's called a pancake shot, but one of my favorite get out of trouble shots is taking my Ion in a tommy grip, tilting it towards 10-11 o clock and flicking it towards the chains. It's a very nice shot to get up and over stuff, and it has a predictable right fade.

I use the hammer-style grip to sidearm my Ion for some approach shots and putts. I use the technique with other discs too and am usually pretty accurate with it, but can't get much more than 100ft distance from the Ion that way.

The other day I was left with an impossible shot completely immersed in trees and brush. I looked for the only way out and had to throw the ION upside down like a (forehand upside down) through a small hole and boom! just under 200' and smack into the chains for a 2. I was more stoked about that than the last ace I had because this was just an impossible shot.

I'll using my Ions for get out of trouble hammers, or if I see a specific line that will work for it. They fly a lot like an ultrastar when hammered correctly

I think it's called a pancake shot, but one of my favorite get out of trouble shots is taking my Ion in a tommy grip, tilting it towards 10-11 o clock and flicking it towards the chains. It's a very nice shot to get up and over stuff, and it has a predictable right fade.

Oooh yeah, I bet that Proton plastic slides well too, when needed! :thmbup:

I don't know what the shot is called, but the Ion will slide nice if thrown to flip onto it's flight plate. Good for getting out of the ****.

Yeah, that too... :doh:

The other day I was left with an impossible shot completely immersed in trees and brush. I looked for the only way out and had to throw the ION upside down like a (forehand upside down) through a small hole and boom! just under 200' and smack into the chains for a 2. I was more stoked about that than the last ace I had because this was just an impossible shot.
Well clearly it wasn't then. Grats on making the shot though. =)

The Axis makes a great roller. It takes forever to flip over on the roll so it gets really good really straight d.

I personally don't like ions for rolling but Mike C said a while ago that he has had success. I don't like rolling putters though so that may be my problem there.

The Axis makes a great roller. It takes forever to flip over on the roll so it gets really good really straight d.

I personally don't like ions for rolling but Mike C said a while ago that he has had success. I don't like rolling putters though so that may be my problem there.

I had a friend who tossed one of my Ions so badly and with so much OAT it instantly turned into a roller, and it probably went another 200

Been throwing some GREAT thumbers/grenades with the Anode's since I added them to the bag. Hammers too I guess, only thrown one or two though. Anyone else experimented anymore with this in the past few weeks?