• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

Very nice!

That amount of flexibility is great for a putter, but hopefully they'll use a firmer blend of Plasma for drivers.

Don't know what happened to that second pic. Sorry.

I've never felt GStar, so I can't compare.

These are sweet! Really liking to not too soft, not too firm feel of these and the added grip. First thing I did was soak it and my hand, and it seemed to maintain a decent amount of grip in my hand. Felt like I still had plenty of control with it. Might change when it's both cold a wet, so we'll see. When I got it out of the mailbox, it was about 29 degrees, and it was a little more firm. I could still feel the difference with the added grip tho.

IMHO, GStar has always felt a little too rubbery and too flexy for my taste, whereas the Plasma blend takes the best visual elements of a Gold Line style with a better grip similar to what's offered by a Gstar or FLX to make a unique blend of plastic. The colorshift effect is just a bonus.

My tester doesn't have the color shift effect that I can tell, but it flies every bit like an Ion after about an hour of putting with it along with a stock Neutron, Soft Proton and regular Eclipse Ion. Can't really tell in the pic, but this has very fine whiteish swirls in it and what my daughters referred to as "fairy dust sparkle" coating all over it.... I think I'll just call it a shimmer ;-)

Felt like the added grip was getting me more snap into the disc when putting at about 45'. Like others have mentioned, this is going to be killer in other molds - Teslas, Volts, Servos, Switchs, Vectors would all be awesome with this. Hoping this plastic makes it's way to the Axiom line someday too. Plasma Crave?? Sign me up!

16506119235_543e2cc25e.jpg

Trying to get some of that gold colorshift and some swirls in the pic. Look how much different the color is from this: Crazy cool.

Jeez, I want this. I'm half feeling like, the Bros should just drop everything and start pumping out the entire lineup in this stuff.

I think its OK to have 4 unique plastic blends in 2015 lol.

IMO the softness helps retain overall shape. The tesla's I have look great and see tons of use. I can bend them end to end and they will spring back into shape.

Last edited:

Latest posts