• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

It has some slight high speed turn into strong winds, but if you flip it into a headwind you are throwing it wrong.

I think I'll just stick to my fresh N Volts...

yea.. just a little turn into headwind isn't a bad thing.

And i don't think you understand the point about a beat P-Volt buddy, it STAYS like a fresh N-Volt for a long time, it hits the broken in period like most MVP discs right at about that point and is staying like that. My N-Volts don't stay like fresh N-Volts for long.. :doh:

but i guess if you want to spend the money to cycle a fresh N-Volt every month to keep that straight flight with forward fade thats fine, i will just beat a p-volt to that point and it will stay there for 6 months (if its break in period is anything like other MVP discs, guess i will find out)

:wall::wall:

You had a decent run the in4d but now there you go again. N volts last a month eh?

rofl, i didnt say n-volt only lasts a month.. wtf :doh:

the n-volt only flies like a fresh n-volt for, at tops a month, then it gets that unpredictable turn..

But hey, i live in the north woods and the courses are extremely technical and heavily wooded so my discs hit a lot of trees on a daily basis.

Sorry if my experience doesn't fit yours ;)

Fair enough. I don't hit many trees here. But it would suck to not have a fresh volt last long. That's whiny I don't throw n volts they are meh now compared to the p. p volts ftw!!

examples of the bull**** i have to deal with on a daily basis..

26f41464_m.jpg

^^at this course, over half the tee boxes look like this..

84b6b565_m.jpg

ef191563.jpg

Good luck ^^ the basket is way to the right :( i park it with the amp sometimes though :)

Those fairways are easy. Shoot I'd make a n volt last for years. So much room to work its funny!!! J/k looks like where I was this past weekend. Played standing rocks in Stevens point wi looks a lot like those courses.

The stability gap between the Amp and the P Volt is pretty large, so I kind of like a N Volt that has some turn...I don't think it's unpredictable at all. Sounds like some speed control issues...Years ago when I was young and practicing throwing farther and farther I had to have discs that I could throw flat and not flip...I had great arm speed, but I had not yet developed the ability to control it. I couldn't back off a shot at all. A decade later I can now control speed enough to work flippy discs.

Those fairways are easy. Shoot I'd make a n volt last for years. So much room to work its funny!!! J/k looks like where I was this past weekend. Played standing rocks in Stevens point wi looks a lot like those courses.

The point is that i don't throw in open fields like some of the places i have traveled to (like Madison, what a joke). i hit a tree here and there on a powered up throw as well as the rugged rocky terrain on some hole backdrops, so my volts beat in a little faster than others may.

And yea one of the pictures is of standing rocks, which doesn't have very many tight fairways, but when you have the arm to get a disc all the way to the basket (like mid loop #8) your going to hit trees hard here and there on a sloppy release, im definitely not perfect :)

good that you have made it to rocks, its a beautiful and technical course, we work hard to add new landscapes and stairways each year... glad people enjoy it

Last edited:
The point is that i don't throw in open fields like some of the places i have traveled to (like Madison, what a joke). i hit a tree here and there on a powered up throw as well as the rugged rocky terrain on some hole backdrops, so my volts beat in a little faster than others may.

And yea one of the pictures is of standing rocks, which doesn't have very many tight fairways, but when you have the arm to get a disc all the way to the basket (like mid loop #8) your going to hit trees hard here and there on a sloppy release, im definitely not perfect :)

Glad you have made it to rocks, its a beautiful and technical course.
I was poking fun should have left a smiley. I was pleasantly surprised at standing rocks. Fun course. I should have played them in a different order the far course kicked my butt. And I agree the Madison courses get lame, it was nice to need control for once!

Last edited:
The stability gap between the Amp and the P Volt is pretty large, so I kind of like a N Volt that has some turn...I don't think it's unpredictable at all. Sounds like some speed control issues...Years ago when I was young and practicing throwing farther and farther I had to have discs that I could throw flat and not flip...I had great arm speed, but I had not yet developed the ability to control it. I couldn't back off a shot at all. A decade later I can now control speed enough to work flippy discs.

Oh i love a flippy volt, i keep one in the bag always. The only speed control issues i have is on my way to the course :)

I just enjoy a straight flyer with minimal fade, and the beat p-volt is where its at.

In4d Next time you are down here or I'm up there we shall have to meet up and play. I'd love to make it up there some more, seems like a lot of nice courses.

My P Volt has been a gift from the heavens lately as the wind has showed up on the great planes. How is everyone else's holding up in terms of hss?

My P Volt has been a gift from the heavens lately as the wind has showed up on the great planes. How is everyone else's holding up in terms of hss?

Mine's starting to break in just a touch, but in general this just seems to add to its distance potential - It always has that healthy fade at the end.

Had a 20mph head wind off the tee during today's morning round. Stupidly picked my F7 for the first throw and watched it turn into an immediate roller. For the next throw I stepped it up to my slightly flippy N Volt, which again instantly turned over and edged out. Finally I busted out the P Volt and it went dead straight with no turn and a subtle fade.

Mine's starting to break in just a touch, but in general this just seems to add to its distance potential - It always has that healthy fade at the end.

Had a 20mph head wind off the tee during today's morning round. Stupidly picked my F7 for the first throw and watched it turn into an immediate roller. For the next throw I stepped it up to my slightly flippy N Volt, which again instantly turned over and edged out. Finally I busted out the P Volt and it went dead straight with no turn and a subtle fade.

The P-Volt is like my seasoned shock, i took them out of my bag for now because im more consistent with the shock since i've had it for so long. The p-volt is beefy but i got one beat into a straighter flyer after a few weeks of beating it to hell. A week ago i let someone else use it and they bought it off me that same day. :doh: i never turn down selling MVP to someone interested in trying it.. will just grab another off the shelf sometime and start beating it in.

As for wind resistance, nothing beats the shock but the p-volt works good also if you want very straight flight with slight turn into a strong headwind.

Had some nice rips with mine on Renny Gold. Somehow forgot to bring a Shock so the P Volt got a big workout this trip.

(FH thrower here) I played an MVP-only round a few days ago and the Volt was magic on so many holes. When I needed more fade on a few holes, I'd pull out the Shock, but the Volt was spot on for most of the drives I needed. A touch of turn with gentle fade at the end. It was also nice for slight anhyzers that would flex out at the end. The Amp wouldn't come out of the anny and most of the shots I needed the flex at the end. Yeah, I'm sold on the Volt.

Revisiting the P Volt now that the dust has settled on the new MVP/Axiom releases.

I'm considering looking back into the P volt. I currently bag a Crave, Resistor, Motion, Inertia & Tesla. I tried the clash in the straight to fade slot but it had too much wiggle. The crave is nails straight and the tesla bites too hard on control distance lines looking for a straight pull. My question is, does the P volt slot into the gap between the Speed 7 and Speed 10 well enough to bag. Or should I just consider a lower weight tesla to fill the void?