• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Just my opinion, but I like the neutron grip better. Proton flies a bit more stable as repeatedly mentioned before, but the plastic just doesn't feel as good in the hand as neutron.

Call me crazy.

Just my opinion, but I like the neutron grip better. Proton flies a bit more stable as repeatedly mentioned before, but the plastic just doesn't feel as good in the hand as neutron.

Call me crazy.

I think they feel almost identical. its hard to tell sometimes if you close your eyes and feel them both.

The early proton vs neutron, neutron was better grip, but lately they just feel the same.

Last edited:
So.. Threw this today. Wow... Seriously, made the bag :) great disc! Don't know why I hated it but that shall be forever forgotten.

I was getting ready to order a Neutron Shock after throwing my Neutron Volt for the first time today over two rounds but now I'm wondering if I should get a Proton Volt instead? I do have a very over stable Saint with a great forward fade. I'm thinking the Shock would fit well being a longer Vector and I need some more overstable stuff. My SOLF is 150 and with any wind will go straight and the Boss is a 150 Blizzard that pretty beat in. My Avenger is my wind fighter bit I've had it for a while and it still has a nice fade but it's not that big.

My neutron if throw flat will turn over right nicely and if I hyzer flip it does a sweet almost barrel role but fades just a tiny bit back. It's like it wants to roll over but is having to much fun going straight.

Last edited:
I like the Proton plastic much more than the Neutron stuff. N plastic for me was too understable and did not justify a spot in the bag. The P plastic, on the other hand, has found a nice niche.

I like both. Having a N Volt, P Volt, Shock, and Amp in the bag covers every fairway shot you could possible need. Adding a P Shock and P Amp will make that trio of fairways even more deadly.

I would check out a Shock if you're fighting the wind or need just an OS fairway. Proton Volt will fit dead center between the two. (N Shock and N Volt).

I like both. Having a N Volt, P Volt, Shock, and Amp in the bag covers every fairway shot you could possible need. Adding a P Shock and P Amp will make that trio of fairways even more deadly.

I would check out a Shock if you're fighting the wind or need just an OS fairway. Proton Volt will fit dead center between the two. (N Shock and N Volt).

A proton amp will be nice, definitely looking forward to its release.

A proton amp will be nice, definitely looking forward to its release.

Yes it should. It took me awhile to really appreciate the Neutron Amp but it's $$$. Cannot wait for it's proton counterpart.

If I already have a Neutron Amp do I need a Proton Volt in the bag? I heard they can be a bit Understable.

Or does my River pretty much cover that shot.

I've been thinking about this too and a P Shock is the disc I really wanna see. I'd hope it's more firebirdish because the N Shock is overstable but I want a disc that will hold N Shock lines in 25 mph headwinds.

If I already have a Neutron Amp do I need a Proton Volt in the bag? I heard they can be a bit Understable.

The P volt is ever so slightly overstable, the Amp is understandable, and the river is stable-understable depending on the plastic but always beats in to the desired understability quick. I hope this helps

I've been thinking about this too and a P Shock is the disc I really wanna see. I'd hope it's more firebirdish because the N Shock is overstable but I want a disc that will hold N Shock lines in 25 mph headwinds.

Now that would be awesome. :hfive:

What is this lol? The P volt is ever so slightly overstable, the Amp is understandable, and the river is stable-understable depending on the plastic but always beats in to the desired understability quick. I hope this helps

I heard somewhere that the Proton Volt was Valkyrie like so that's why I asked. Wouldn't want it overlapping with my Neutron Amp.

My Gold Line River does fly like a shorter Valkyrie now that I think about it.

Ugh.. Nope. Amp is understable while the Proton Volt is the gap between the Shock and Volt. Basically it's slightly OS. You can easily bag both.. & love both.

Yes, I still need to pick up a new Neutron Shock. This is why I'm asking.

I heard somewhere that the Proton Volt was Valkyrie like so that's why I asked. Wouldn't want it overlapping with my Neutron Amp.

My Gold Line River does fly like a shorter Valkyrie now that I think about it.

My bad not trying to be a dick. The P volt for me flies more like a fresh champion plastic orc. It's what my friend would call an aggressive disc. If you release it hard it will go straight without turning over and then fade out a bit more than a N volt would.

Timed out. I failed to mention I throw a Neutron Volt and love it for Teebirdish shots.

I read the thing about a Proton Volt being understable the other day somewhere.

Things are cleared up now, so I'll just stick with my Neutron. lol

Latest posts