• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Yeah I ordered mine from Prime as well. I went with the neutron plastic, that was the only ones the had in a 167. Cant wait till Sunday as well.

I think you are going to love the neutron volt. Great fairway, and you can really crank it. I have been using it as my go to distance disc for a while now. My neutron is starting to beat in though, getting more turn than I used to, so I am hoping the added stability in the proton plastic is exactly what I am looking for.

A proton beam is a type of proton-based emission from a directed energy particle weapon... aka Mike C.

proton beams, which fire streams of tightly focused protons capable of penetrating any deflector shield regardless of modulation. Ensign Harry Kim likened the effect to being struck by thousands of needles.

Last edited:
A proton beam is a type of proton-based emission from a directed energy particle weapon... aka Mike C.

proton beams, which fire streams of tightly focused protons capable of penetrating any deflector shield regardless of modulation. Ensign Harry Kim likened the effect to being struck by thousands of needles.

Due to the particles' charge, I'd imagine a magnetic field could be used to deflect the beam. Guess that's why he was only an ensign.

I'm gonna chime in (late though it may be) here and say the Proton Volt is pretty sweet.

at ~330-70', I agree with the following:

1. Definitely can take some snap without turning.
2. Holds a frozen-rope-line. Unbelievably straight.
3. Long, late, penetrating fade that feels like it glides out longer than it should.

In sum, it's a straighter, more dependable version of my Neutrons.

After about 3 rounds with this thing I can certainly say it's a more stable version of the Neutron, just like everyone else says. For me, it's a bit more stable than I wanted it to be, but I feel like it will beat in eventually to the perfect disc. It has absolutely no turn right now and a bit earlier and stronger fade than I expected after throwing my neutron so much (which I lost a month ago). I just gotta throw it on holes that finish left for now, but I can actually use a disc to fill that slot for now, so I'm not disappointed. And I can really see this thing being amazing once it's about 8/10.

My protron can replace my shock at most of the courses here. it has a nice hook at the end and holds a great hyzer if i need the extra fade. n/p volt is deadly. Loving the protron volt and its made me like my neutron volts more. it really is a disc that is one of a kind.

My protron can replace my shock at most of the courses here. it has a nice hook at the end and holds a great hyzer if i need the extra fade. n/p volt is deadly. Loving the protron volt and its made me like my neutron volts more. it really is a disc that is one of a kind.

lol its weird saying the same disc covers two slots, but my P Volt is hitting the same lines as my Shock and getting that extra distance i wish the shock had because the fade is a little more forward and retains glide, where the shock will go into a fade and drop quickly

P Volt def fits a slot between the Shock and N Volt.. haven't used the shock much lately, unless its a shot that i need the shock specifically for.

For those of you who also are experienced with teebirds, how much farther does a proton volt fly for you relative to an equally os teebird?

I only threw one Teebird in my life and it was a nice stable 11x i feel i am getting the same flight but with more glide and slightly more distance. I am hoarding proton volts like crazy and cant wait for the lighter weights

I only threw one Teebird in my life and it was a nice stable 11x i feel i am getting the same flight but with more glide and slightly more distance. I am hoarding proton volts like crazy and cant wait for the lighter weights

yes, i have 5 fresh P Volts put away, just in case they never make them like this again.. i LOVE this run