• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

The more time I put in with the relay the more I regret that previous review. The Circuit I played was at a course with elevation and may be the reason I was seeing so much nose sensitivity. When throwing this disc on more flat anny type holes, it performs great. If you have the money to spend on both to find out which you like better I would go that direction. But if you can get one, I think it depends on how your bag is set up. If you get above average distance with mids, then maybe the switch would be better because of the wider speed gap. But if your like me and struggle getting mids past 300(except for the plasma tangent. I can throw this thing farther than any mid I have owned) then the relay is the one.

Thanks for this info. For me, the issue is this: I have MVP mids, and I have the Amp. The Amp is considered speed 8 by some, speed 9 by others (and speed 8.5 probably is where it really is). I'd like something between, but spaced evenly between.

As a semi-analogy: the Leopard is an awesome disc... but it's not in my bag because it was caught up between my TL and my mids, and proved redundant. So I don't want to be too close to the mids or the Amp. It would seem the Switch is more in the middle, but I'm gathering info on that from y'all's experiences.

Side note: saw a guy with a Relay the other day on the course. I asked him how he liked it and he said it was "pretty good"... didn't dislike it, but excited about it like I am about the Colt when I speak of it.

Leo-ish, but the feel is different, with the Relay feeling smaller in the hand. Wish I had more experience with multiple Leo's to compare it to, but I've only thrown a 150's Champ, and a couple DX's. It's more US than the Champ Leo, but definitely more OS than the DX.

Only available from circuit event TDs at this time. They are limted to those events but imagine we will see if released to the masses once end of the year wraps up and events are over.

This was the final weekend for Circuit events, so without knowing exactly what's in the next release, I figure any Circuit-exclusive stuff is now on the table.

I saw at least a half dozen in a shop just yesterday... PM me if you want the location.

I can't remember if I already asked this in this thread-will there be more in this "speed"? I'd like something to the US side of this disc.

Really? My Relay is pretty US @ 173g

I guess Orbital like US in this speed would be cool

Yea, they could easily make a more US one, and two more notches of OS for a nice four disc, 16mm class.

Yea, they could easily make a more US one, and two more notches of OS for a nice four disc, 16mm class.

:thmbup: Being Resistor is as beefy as it is, then 16mm would be a good opportunity to make a slow Shock and something like the uprated straight-stable Amp. Then with my Envy and Proxy I could probably just take the mids out and carry more snacks.

:thmbup: Being Resistor is as beefy as it is, then 16mm would be a good opportunity to make a slow Shock and something like the uprated straight-stable Amp. Then with my Envy and Proxy I could probably just take the mids out and carry more snacks.

I would definitely rock a gazelle clone and an anode for a two disc round.

Latest posts