• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

Bagging the Relay pretty much since day one. Both it, and the Signal, pack a ridiculous 1-2 understable punch. I can chuck the Relay almost as far as the Orbital if I hit the angle right.

The correct angle is the key I think to this mold more so than any other disc I bag. I loved this thing but wasn't confident with it until recently. You have to hit the release angle just right for it to work it's magic. One of the reasons I want a relayOS, so I can be a little more lazy when I need a strong hyzer or a hard rip to straight type shot. The relay can handle those lines pretty well if you are on point.

I first noticed gyro when th the anode it just wanted to stay in the air and I couldn't believe my eyes. The relay reminded me that gyro is REAL!!!! This class is my bread and butter. The clash and crave are great discs but too close to my teslas and inertias to bag them. Now that I'm getting more familiar with the relay my teslas and inertias are getting lonely. I think the relayOS is my new MVP/axiom unicorn, that and electron anodes. I love beating my buddies wth slow discs. next round I'm gonna rock my envy and relay and see how that does!

Yep, yep, yep...I noticed it a little with the Axis over other mids, but when I started throwing the Anode it was like "what's going on?" Was throwing Pure and or Voodoo just prior to bagging an Anode, so...

LOVE the Relay. It really such a great disc for tight wooded courses. Having a slightly more OS version would be fantastic.

So far my 175g relay has been doing the exact same path from hyzer release. Sloowly flips up then turns over a little and come back. Tho im suprise its only going 300 ft on a low line. The fade has been mellowed out with several tree hits.
One disc that i would say is close to relay is kastaplast kaxe z. Its a sharp mid with the size of a slow fairway tho pretty hss stable. How much more stable is champ leo3 vs the relay?

Picked up a handful of relays in red/orange/white and all are pretty soft neutron plastic. No big deal with winter time here but overmold even feels softer and not as durable. DaFuq?! I was hoping the soft neutron driver core experimenting was over with. Love the hard blend on the 23mm's i wish they would keep it that way.

Aren't you the one always saying that beat to crap discs are the best and there's no issue with durability? Just enjoy them Relays and quit yer bellyaching. :thmbup:

The Relay should seriously be the disc they give to new PDGA members, not the Inertia or Wave that have been the recent member discs. The Relay would be a much, much better choice. Such a great disc.

Picked up a handful of relays in red/orange/white and all are pretty soft neutron plastic. No big deal with winter time here but overmold even feels softer and not as durable. DaFuq?! I was hoping the soft neutron driver core experimenting was over with. Love the hard blend on the 23mm's i wish they would keep it that way.

I picked up a Relay from Infinite with their new bomb stamp. The plastic reminds me of Prodigy's opaque champ style. It's soft, but not as soft as my N Wrath. The opaque ice blue is beautiful and the grip feels great. Oh, and it was 75 the day I was playing, so not too cold.

I've hit 3 trees with it pretty well dead on and it's only got 1 scuff on the OM so far. Hopefully it stays that durable.

I rely on the Relay and Signal so much now, and earlier this summer I would have told you they were the 'beginner discs' I would never bag. I'm getting the most consistent and best scores on my local courses now after using them so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So, if this powers down well, do you think Relay could fill my understable mid spot as well? For example, I was thinking of getting something akin to e.g., meteor. But between the Relay and my putters, do you think I can manage? Primarily looking for something I can hyzerflip flat and straight. Short or Long really.

I have a really lightweight old leopard but it's really only reliable at shorter distances - probably mostly do to weight and that it's worn in - just too flippy

From my experience, the Relay is more stable for mid type shots than what you're looking for. Maybe if you went with a lighter weight one. My 166 is a little less stable than my 172. So maybe drop down to 160. It might get too flippy though.

I rely on the Relay and Signal so much now, and earlier this summer I would have told you they were the 'beginner discs' I would never bag. I'm getting the most consistent and best scores on my local courses now after using them so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Could you give a brief comparison between the Relay and Signal?

Latest posts