• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

I might skip the Volt and get the Shock. I like the Amp, for me it flies exactly how I throw it. If I want a hyzer, it holds the hyzer line, if I throw an anhyzer, it doesn't fight out too hard. If I throw it flight, it turns some and fades back. Really liking it so far.

So I'd guess the shock will be really overstable for me?

Last edited:
Shock Is just a volt that flies like a broken in Z predator.

I'm enjoying my volt/shock frankenstein:)

I might skip the Volt and get the Shock. I like the Amp, for me it flies exactly how I throw it. If I want a hyzer, it holds the hyzer line, if I throw an anhyzer, it doesn't fight out too hard. If I throw it flight, it turns some and fades back. Really liking it so far.

I'm not trying to sell these, I swear, but it may take trying both...

You're description of the Amp flight is pretty much what I get out of the Volt at full (90%) power.

Depending on what you want, the Volt may be OS enough, the Shock probably plenty OS....?

This is welcome news.

I've been throwing Volts and Quasars for drivers this winter but last round I lost my only bagged Quasar in some water so had to make do with just Volts. I had two hyzer lines I had to hit off the tee in the 380-400' range in a stiff headwind. The Volts were wanting to turn over a bit on these drives, but they did manage to fight back at the end. Still, what would of been a park job with a powered down quasar turned into a 30' putt.

When I got home I grabbed another Quasar and a fresh QOLF to bag but now I'm gonna have to put the shock and QOLF head to head. I went with Volt / Quasar and nothing else to help me learn Volts, but I'm feeling extremely comfortable with them now and see room for something like a QOLF, CPD or potentially the Shock for drives like I was trying to hit.

The volt will be overstable for you Charlie.

Don't worry guys, I'll give the Shock a nice noodle-armed test to see just how overstable it is for those of us who pound heavy QOLFs into tornadoes :)

FYI

For those chomping at the bit, Justin at Communitydiscs.com is taking pre-orders.

Shouldn't be a hassle, he says he's gonna do a first order 2x the number of pre-orders.....

Sorry if someone already posted this.

I'm guessing this isn't gonna be like a firebird but more a c-pd, orc, wraith like driver. I'm still happy with this and this will probably kick the wraiths out of my bag. I'm sure I'll still need my z flicks.

Let me set this straight. It is nothing like a TB, FB, PD, Banshee, Predator or Orc.

If I had to compare all three MVP drivers this is how they rank
Amp = Sidewinder
Volt = Q-Orion LS
Shock = S/M-Orion LF 1.1

ZAM and myself hit the field after work, I'm not sure if he threw it actually. Anyways I find in this case it makes since to compare the Shock to the Volt as they can be similar.

The Shock and Volt can hold similar lines but they don't fly the same. I found the Shock handled power better than the Volt. As in it flew farther because it flipped forward later and has more low speed fade so it can fight out of the flip

Here are the shots the Shock excels at:
Flat spin controlled hyzers - so those with low speed will like this for hyzers
Distance Hyzer flips - flips flat with a bit of turn and then fades back

Comparing Shock to the Volt:
The Volt when flipped up wants to hold onto the turn. there is not enough fade to carry it back left. The Shock when flipped up will turn out and then fade back late. This helps it hold power better and carry forward longer. On good hits the Shock was going 25ft farther than the Volt. The Shock comes out of the hand faster, but the speed is the same. I'd say the HSS is the same but the Shock has more LSS.

What would you say the Shock would fly like for a 280-300ft thrower? Sounds like it would be a good bit more overstable than a Volt for us noodle arms.

Yes more stable at low speeds

But I have a hard time slowing myself down and I don't actively spin the disc, so I can't always fly them like most will

I'm not sure if the Shock could find a spot in my bag.

That won't stop me from buying a couple though...

Yes the way I see this progression of drivers from MVP is that they are developing a complete line for course control. They can share lines, but they each have seperate strengths. Some wont see the difference, some will.

I wasn't sure the volt would find a spot in my bag... I made room. If the shock performs as consistently, it'll make its way in there also.

Latest posts