• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

yeah flip to straight I guess is a better way to put it.... all results from some form of high speed turn. One disc just doesn't really ever "turnover" into a anhyzer kind of finish.

Yeah, there's some variety in how folks use the terms. Since you post a lot, I just wanted to make sure I knew where you were coming from.

I've been hounding out local club for months and months or order some MVP for club stock to sell. They finally did and this morning I picked up the exact Tesla Kodachrome has been bragging about.

It's 172, that exactly pale, pale lavender color. Almost white. It has to be a accidental soft Tesla. When compared to my Soft Envy, the soft Envy is only a hair softer. I would love to have all my MVPs in this softer plastic.

I've got a 169 SE Tesla that I use as a fairway driver because it's shorter than my Volt but much more stable. I like the early and forward fade.

This soft Tesla has the same flight but it's longer and so, so much easier to throw. Might be my new favorite disc.

Man, this disc is awesome. Wonder how many more of these bad boys are out there?

pics. i swooped into GGGT and picked up the other two; now i've got three. :) 3 straight shooters and a regular OS tesla. i'll be good for yeeeeears, yo.

IMAG0163_zpsys7jbidh.jpg

IMAG0164_zpshhdj65gu.jpg

that flight plate is so soft!

IMAG0166_zps5xvq1gr0.jpg

When my local shop got their 1st Teslas there was a metallic green that had some and was noticeably softer than the others. Wish I would have bought it

I Lucked upon one of those as well. Almost white light purple with a lower plh. It's so soft I can almost bend it in half. Same flight as my other Tesla with a little later fade, but man does it feel nice.

if discs like the volt are any indicator of future runs I don't expect to find too many of those teslas outside of the experimental blends. I have 2 metallic with a little dome/lower PLH but imagine one of the axiom drivers will fill this "gap" in the tesla/inertia.

Last edited:
I wonder if this was an accident or if they ran off some teslas in the soft plastic and threw them out there without telling anyone. Like what happened with the baseline protos and atoms.

I saw one of these in a shop the other day, they were the only ones on the shelf. It was the first time I had seen MVP discs in person so I just assumed they were supposed to be like that. I think it would be good for winter, but I don't really like the flightplate to be that gummy in general. They were really soft.

A2B Board Shop in Third Lake, IL. Keep in mind I've never seen MVP discs before, but the 2 or 3 they had in the shop struck me as much softer than I would have expected. And they were a similar color if I'm remembering correctly.

157 Proton Teslas cut through 10-15 mph headwinds like a hot knife through butter, easily outdistancing 166 G* Teebirds and Thunderbirds. I have a bag filled with straight-ish discs, so Tesla also opens up some different lines for me. Based on today's results Tesla gets a shot at the overstable driver slot, at least until Axiom releases its distance drivers this spring. Or maybe I just need to carry a Tesla on windy days.

Are Neutron Teslas a little less beefy than the Protons, and do the Neutrons break in any faster? If so, I might try a Neutron Tesla around 160 grams.

Not really but will sand down better to texture more baseline feeling and pliable if you work it over. I don't have any light ones for you tho..

OK, thanks. I'll continue beating up my Protons.

Yeah until axiom releases their drivers that's going to be your best bet. I really like how my teslas are seasoning just need to take some out of the bag now and put the fresh P's in to have some difference as I have tried to work out these N's pretty good but they still need some love :D. If you want I can send you a little heavier beat neutron to play around with.

Sweet, thanks! PM coming your way.