• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

You gotta wonder if they accidently ran off a batch of soft teslas? Man that purple one looks way gummier than any mvp discs I've seen, outside of a really beat in soft ion. Or maybe they did it on purpose and just slipped them into a shipment to see the feedback.

My copper teslas are gummy and softer with tiny dome. Same with light orange swirl I had but stock solid colors all have been flat. Not huge difference in flight but do like the feel of the metallics.

Just got a light purple that looks white its such a light shade. The flight plate is paper thin, unlike any other MVP I've had. About 60 or so. It feels very soft too. The plh is lower than my other Tesla and lower than my Inertia as well. Cannot wait to throw it and see if there is a big difference. Lucky score

if you ordered any from MVP at 32 a piece it adds up quick. Between those I have purchased outright and ordered I have to be close to 100 in neutron plastic.

All of which in a stock solid colors were FAF. My favorite is a black/grey opaque "neutron" which is more proton-ish before the proton came out.

thanks Bob ;)

if you ordered any from MVP at 32 a piece it adds up quick. Between those I have purchased outright and ordered I have to be close to 100 in neutron plastic.

All of which in a stock solid colors were FAF. My favorite is a black/grey opaque "neutron" which is more proton-ish before the proton came out.

thanks Bob ;)

I had a purple motion that was see through purple neutron. Wonder what that means eh?

I've gotten a couple rounds in with the 'soft' low plh Tesla and it flies just like my other Tesla. So, ya, they are consistent even with the variables.

I've gotten a couple rounds in with the 'soft' low plh Tesla and it flies just like my other Tesla. So, ya, they are consistent even with the variables.

Odd. Usually plh dictates. Mine are much straighter. I don't really see any turn, just a later smooth fade. I am going to keep a lookout because they just have gobs of hss. I want more like these, I think they are the real longer volt/teebird/pd type. If mvp could have made a disc like these instead, none of you peeps would be throwing volts. It would have been a bigger deal.

Odd. Usually plh dictates. Mine are much straighter. I don't really see any turn, just a later smooth fade. I am going to keep a lookout because they just have gobs of hss. I want more like these, I think they are the real longer volt/teebird/pd type. If mvp could have made a disc like these instead, none of you peeps would be throwing volts. It would have been a bigger deal.

oh cut it out. we arent talking dx teebirds here. teslas all fly like teslas.

oh cut it out. we arent talking dx teebirds here. teslas all fly like teslas.

well, definitely not as good as a dx teebird, but that's a little unfair...

the three lower PLH that i got are in that "oh i wish MVP would make something between the tesla and inertia" spot right out of the box. just very, very straight with no flip. they will break in nicely. i'm not sure how much HSS the tesla has naturally with the regular PLH variants - i can't seem to hold onto them long enough to find out - but if the regular teslas season up to be like this i'll be quite happy.

Last edited:
Just want to say that I love the Tesla. This is a disc that I can easily see myself throwing for the rest of my DG career. I've always hovered around 15-17 discs in my bag so I like to get a lot of lines out of my distance molds being that I like to carry a variety of shorter discs. Currently I have one tesla that I can use for 80% of my "distance" drives off the tee. It is seasoning in to just a touch of turn but still a reliable fade. It powers down incredibly well and loves to be thrown HARD. It is always enjoyable hearing guys ask me if that was a destroyer that I just threw on a 400 ft. crush under some trees. Nah...it's a speed 10 driver. And the newbs go :0 ......
Really, the Tesla is a perfect "control" driver. Thank you MVP for creating a disc that can really extend the range of a control disc into dangerous territory.

What's the word on lightweight (150-class) Teslas?

I am looking for an OS complement to the Hatchet, which I push out to 330 on golf lines. Would a light Tesla give me any turn out of the box to work to a slight flip-to-flat with a strong fade? Or is it just gonna be super beef still? I know I can't hang with the a Tesla in the 170s - I've thrown two of them - but was curious about the lower weights, since they're available. Also, can they hang in the wind?

I've got some other options I am kicking around, but I remembered these were available in the 150s, and MVP plastic is pretty. Thanks for the feedback.

I may try the 150's Tesla's again this winter. I got a couple, but felt I could do more with my PD's. I was not getting any turn out of them. I felt the PD's were just better all around for me.

I have also found most of the MVP/Axiom drivers to be shorter for me in the 150's compared to my other 150 drivers. but I can forehand them extremely well, which is what I use them for when I am carrying them.

I do use the Inertia in 150's though and it bombs for me.

What's the word on lightweight (150-class) Teslas?

I am looking for an OS complement to the Hatchet, which I push out to 330 on golf lines. Would a light Tesla give me any turn out of the box to work to a slight flip-to-flat with a strong fade? Or is it just gonna be super beef still? I know I can't hang with the a Tesla in the 170s - I've thrown two of them - but was curious about the lower weights, since they're available. Also, can they hang in the wind?

I've got some other options I am kicking around, but I remembered these were available in the 150s, and MVP plastic is pretty. Thanks for the feedback.

They're not really much different than the max weights. Maybe a little more glide but they don't turn a whole lot more.

My 169LE wasn't really flippy, but it would hold a forced turnover a lot longer then my max weights. So, I would think the 150's would probably do what your wanting.