• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

My Neutron 165g and my plasma 174g needed some major break in time. After a while the N 165 developed some high speed turn and more distance and the plasma is getting there as it hasn't seen as much playing time. I use them primarily as my FH discs because they are nice and flat and I prefer that for FH. Now I'm using the N for BH when I want more of a skip finish than my Volts can give me. It's definitely not a glidey disc but that's what I like about it

Just here to throw some love down for what I think is a fission 162 Tesla. Real soft and baby blue.

Really liking it for a FH disc, great long turn and late grab just what I liked about the Switch but I'm not getting in that pot... getting huge FH distance, I'm usually a BH guy but I'm dialing it in. I guess maybe not so much huge distance as always hitting the line.

If you time that fade you can get late lift on it especially uphill. Landed a very ugly but potentially longest shot ever on 13 at my place. Love to see what would have happened if I had kept it lower.

Just here to throw some love down for what I think is a fission 162 Tesla. Real soft and baby blue.

Really liking it for a FH disc, great long turn and late grab just what I liked about the Switch but I'm not getting in that pot... getting huge FH distance, I'm usually a BH guy but I'm dialing it in. I guess maybe not so much huge distance as always hitting the line.

If you time that fade you can get late lift on it especially uphill. Landed a very ugly but potentially longest shot ever on 13 at my place. Love to see what would have happened if I had kept it lower.

Ssshhhhhhhhh, don't let anyone know. Fission Teslas are great discs. The flatter PFN wear into the just perfect disc. I like mine in the low 160s and the higher 160s/ low 170s.

I really love my 165 neutron tesla. I'd love it even more if it wasn't dark purple and so hard to locate, but yeah, some of my best flat FH drives have come with this disc

Knocked a long birdie on Sunday with the Tesla and a 35' FH Ohm putt, was probably the round clincher for the win but every stroke counted.. No one else birdie that hole. Got a 155 fission to go with my 162 fission. Really happy with it!

Everybody here is saying the Tesla is OS, but I have a Fission that states its 9/5/-1.5/2 and it definitely flies a touch less flippy than my Inertia. Tesla is 170g and the Inertia is 172.

Did I get a wierd run?

Everybody here is saying the Tesla is OS, but I have a Fission that states its 9/5/-1.5/2 and it definitely flies a touch less flippy than my Inertia. Tesla is 170g and the Inertia is 172.

Did I get a wierd run?

Nah that's about right.. Fission is flippy )relatively speaking), Neutron is middle of the road and plasma is really stable.

I think inertia is 9/5/-2/2
Tesla is 9/5/-1/2

Last edited:
Also depends on what the Tesla is shaped like. The MikeC Teslas were very beefy and flat as a board. Basically a 0 2.5 maybe 3... But I've had a couple sparkle protons that had some shoulder and a very slight dome that flew like a nice pfn Orc...

...and speaking of why I compared it to an Orc, I still don't know how they came to the conclusion that the Tesla class is speed 9...

Tesla/Inertia/Motion 2.0cm rim thickness... 9 speed

Orc/Beast/Monster 2.0cm rim thickness... 10 speed

:confused: lol

Last edited:
Nah that's about right.. Fission is flippy )relatively speaking), Neutron is middle of the road and plasma is really stable.

I think inertia is 9/5/-2/2
Tesla is 9/5/-1/2

Also depends on what the Tesla is shaped like. The MikeC Teslas were very beefy and flat as a board. Basically a 0 2.5 maybe 3... But I've had a couple sparkle protons that had some shoulder and a very slight dome that flew like a nice pfn Orc...

...and speaking of why I compared it to an Orc, I still don't know how they came to the conclusion that the Tesla class is speed 9...

Tesla/Inertia/Motion 2.0cm rim thickness... 9 speed

Orc/Beast/Monster 2.0cm rim thickness... 10 speed

:confused: lol

Pretty much agree with these guys. My neutron and plasma are flat and pretty beefy for the most part, like 0/2-3. The lone fission I've thrown was definitely less stable, maybe -1.25/1.50.

Not bagging a Tesla these days but not trading them either.

Thanks for the insights.

The description of the Wrath being a beat in Tesla doesn't match the numbers they gave it. What's the real scoop?

Why do all the old reviews of the Tesla list it as a 11 speed with a 22mm rim but the site says 18.5mm?

Thanks for the insights.

The description of the Wrath being a beat in Tesla doesn't match the numbers they gave it. What's the real scoop?

Why do all the old reviews of the Tesla list it as a 11 speed with a 22mm rim but the site says 18.5mm?
Never listed as a 22mm. As a Speed 11 yes. MVP never used FN. So what ever was done was al fan based. When they did display FN, those are they numbers you see now. For being a company based on physics, using a slight rating system based on subjective numbers is dubious at best. Speed rating really is just the size of the rim. How is that related to speed. And what speed? Glide? How are those numbers calculated? What does a -1HSS mean? All subjective anyways. They might get you in the ballpark of something similar but numbers are just that, numbers.

I might have to get a neutron & plasma to go with my Fission. My buddy wants his Vulture back and the Plasma sounds like it will replace it.

I really wanted the Tesla to work for me. Ordered a Plasma and it came puddle topped. Threw it twice, once on the course and then to the guy at play it again sports.....lame

Yeah I'm a Tesla lover... glad I tried the plasma, so I can sell it off to my hammer throwing buddy. Plasma Tesla is not my jam. It's a different disc. Like the one beefy brother that looks and acts nothing like the rest of the family, in an overbearing unbearable way.

Yeah I'm a Tesla lover... glad I tried the plasma, so I can sell it off to my hammer throwing buddy. Plasma Tesla is not my jam. It's a different disc. Like the one beefy brother that looks and acts nothing like the rest of the family, in an overbearing unbearable way.

I have a couple plasma and I don't find them any more OS than my neutrons. My 165g plasma is a sweet OS control disc, very workable and probably the best thumber disc I've tried. I quit bagging Tesla's due to a couple pencil eraser overmolds that got massive gouges after one tree hit.

I have a couple plasma and I don't find them any more OS than my neutrons. My 165g plasma is a sweet OS control disc, very workable and probably the best thumber disc I've tried. I quit bagging Tesla's due to a couple pencil eraser overmolds that got massive gouges after one tree hit.

Is your neutron board flat? I threw one a while back it was a lost one and it got returned the next tourney.. I wasn't bagging Tesla at the time. I don't remember it being quite as unruly as these plasmas.. And part if that is me going off what other people say..

And now that I think about it, I really only throw fission haha!