• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Really like my Tesla, but it caved in on me. Maybe had it in a bad place in my bag I guess. Any advice on how to make the top flat again :)

I've brought some water to a boil, took the pot off the burner, dipped the disc in for about a minute, then pulled it out, and set it top down on the counter and put another pot on it to keep it flat while it cools. May be other methods as well, but that's always been fine for me.

I do the hot water pot trick if its warped, but i never put weight on the disc, just lay it on a flat surface and it should cool off and be fine, but if its still warped repeating the process a couple times works. I am just afraid weight will change the discs flight, as it has in the past when i have put weight on a cooling disc.

I got my two light blue 175g Teslas today. After few throws i was wanting more distance. with same kind of throws i got only 5-10 meters more than my volts. I got nice turn and forward fade as described by others, but i guess they need some beating to get all the glide out. down wind my beat champ wraith flew 15 meters longer. shape of the flight path was true beauty. Now just scale it up to 12-13 speed class to do some serious butt kicking.

I have to take my words back a bit. today with some warm up i got really nice throws with these. 115 meters was piece of cake. width of gentle S-turn throw was like 10 meters with gentle hyzer release.

You could try a lighter weight Tesla. My 165 and 167 each show a bit of high speed turn, while my max weights are just straight to fade. I like the lighter ones when I need a little more glide, and the heavies when I want more predictability.

You could try a lighter weight Tesla. My 165 and 167 each show a bit of high speed turn, while my max weights are just straight to fade. I like the lighter ones when I need a little more glide, and the heavies when I want more predictability.

Actually, I did throw one shot that had a bit of turn in it, today, and I can't remember but I bet it was my 169g one. The other ones are all over 172. Hmm.

... also, I need to get my form in shape. :p

The Tesla is truly a workhorse driver. I wasn't overly thrilled with my first inertia (like the second better), but I clicked with the Tesla right away. It reminds me of a longer crave. I know people have said longer volt, but the proton volt I had was a bit glideless, and strangely overstable. The Tesla is straight for days with a reliable end/forward fade. MVP has a real winner here.

Got my Tesla in the mail today and took it out to the soccer field.

167 Neutron Tesla. Thrown with 300' power (mostly FH, a little BH)

At this lower power, and brand new, the Tesla behaves very overstable. Thrown flat into a moderate headwind it is very straight with a hard fade. Behaves quite similarly to a Champion Firebird (yeah I threw them side by side into the wind). It can be flexed a little and won't turn over at all.

The disc was brand new so I'm guessing it will take a little time for some of the fade to beat out of it a little.

Anyway for noodle arm throwers this disc feels like more of a utility OS driver and they might be better off with a Shock or Resistor. I'm guessing you need to be up closer to 375' or more to really get good use out of this one.

Love my new metallic bronze Tesla. I throw my volt about 300 on average. Occasionally up to 320. First throw with the Tesla went 340-350. My initial impression was shock at how fast it left my hand and how much glide it had. I have a 163 weight and didn't notice it being super os like others have stated. It is more like a longer volt for me for sure. But more like a neutron volt instead of a proton is volt. I love it but I'm going to buy a 170-175 one for a headwind driver and use the lighter one the rest of the time.

Anyway for noodle arm throwers this disc feels like more of a utility OS driver and they might be better off with a Shock or Resistor. I'm guessing you need to be up closer to 375' or more to really get good use out of this one.

Even at 375' or so, for me, not seeing almost any turn except, as Mike said above, with the low weight (166g) one I have. Anything >170 and it basically has no turn and fights out of flex shots, fast.

I haven't been able to get on the course with my 167 Tesla yet but I've been doing a lot of field work with it and I'm actually starting to get bummed with it a bit.

I throw my Volts and Amp in the 300-325 range. The Inertia hits the far end of that range easily and consistently. But my SE Tesla is always short. It's more in the 275-300 range. Just weird. I have been messing up (trying to improve) my form all week but it's weird how the Tesla will always be shorter than everything else. It flies a great straight line with a great forward consistent fade. I'm just not getting the distance with it.

Has anyone seen any different between the SE and regular Teslas?

I'm thinking about getting something lighter in the 160s range. I got a 175 SE to throw and I can't get any turn out of it at all. I measured a couple throws to around 390 feet, but even those still didn't turn at all.

Since Mike was only seeing turn with lighter Teslas, I'd say that's you're best bet.

Yep, I can throw my max weights 400+ without turn...but I consider that a good thing!

If you watch the test video, the part where I parked the 430' shot twice I threw 164 and 165, and I had a nice drive on a 400' hyzer hole with the 155 even.

I actually just put the 155 back in my bag to mess around with next time I go out. I've bagged a 165, 167 and 175 so far.

My brother has a 168g that he's planning on throwing. Maybe I can convince him to let me try it out before having to go buy something.

After taking the 155g Tesla out to the course for some throws, I think its a great bridge between my 165g Tesla and 175g Inertia. I normally don't throw discs this light but I really like the flight of this particular Tesla. It has so much glide. I'm going to try and catch a nice tailwind while I'm out today and see how far I can rip it on some distance lines.

I find my light weight LE acts the same. Less turn than a max weight inertia, way more control in windy conditions but just wants to keep flying forward compared to the max weight stock stamp. The LSS comes in late and the transition is very slow giving it a little extra D for me while being able to mash on it harder than the inertia with confidence.