• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Chalk up another Vector revival :thmbup:

The Vector was one of my very first discs when I started playing. Of course I bought it because it looked cool and had no real idea what it was capable of. It quickly got lost in the newb shuffle, never to return again...

Flash forward to my current game. Just picked up a Vector for the first time in a long while (despite always being a GYRO nerd). Why oh why have I not been bagging this disc? It's fast, reliable & very long. Now that I am using the Envy/Atom on a great # of shots, I need a mid that has a little more speed & the Vector fits that bill beautifully.

For anyone that truly wants the greatest example of a Roc/Buzzz love child, give the Vector a GO.

Yeah the Vector is a great mid and very Roc-like. I currently throw an XT Roc and champ Roc3, but I would consider replacing one of those with a Vector if I were in a gyro-ish mood. However, I would RATHER replace one of them with an OS RDG mid in Fossil plastic. *hint, hint* ;)

Yeah the Vector is a great mid and very Roc-like. I currently throw an XT Roc and champ Roc3, but I would consider replacing one of those with a Vector if I were in a gyro-ish mood. However, I would RATHER replace one of them with an OS RDG mid in Fossil plastic. *hint, hint* ;)

Me too :thmbup:

One day we will make that happen. Until then.... VECTOR

Been throwing the Vector a ton lately. I used to be a 12x PF# KC Roc fiend. They started out nicely OS. Capable of flex shots, big gliding hyzers and withstanding some decent headwinds. I had a nice stash of seasoned Rocs but once I got low on my fresh stash I decided to move on to other molds.

Being a big fan of beaded mids with a slight dome, the Vector has finally settled in as the midrange that I believe will be in my bag for the long haul. I absolutely love this mold and I don't see how it isn't on legendary status as one of the most recommended mids on the market.

Yeah it's pretty much everything I want in a mid. So much better than a Roc3 that didn't even make my bag, it was between a EO Glow MD3 and a vector for my OS mid and vector won easy even though that Glow MD3 is a beauty. Then I have an Axis and DX roc, but barely through either of the two.

the proxy/envy combo has taken over mid duties for me as of late. but the vector is still fighting for a slot. most courses i play i don't need the extra d the vector gives me over the envy, except lower ceilings. this is where the vector will probably make its way back in. just a great mold and in my opinion underrated in some circles. ill put my vector up against any one else's. nailed a 325 l to r crosswind shot the other day that helped me take the round. won 20 bucks on the shot and nailed the short putt with it. sneaky long every time i throw it on that hole i expect to be 20-30 feet shorter, but the forward fade always gets me a few extra feet.

The Proxy/Envy are an unreal duo that does indeed tackle the majority of my short course work but sometimes I just love the low and slow flex shot that the Vector can handle better.

I'm seriously considering rocking the GYRO rig equivalent of the Wiz - Roc - Teeb now that I have been smitten with Vector love. Ion - Vector - Crave is just a delicious trio

^substituete the ion for an envy for me!

i will say the plasma ions are tasty feeling i may have to snag one. but I'm very committed to the envy in that slot seeing is i have like 15 of them!

Still liking the Vector. Champ Gator, fresh proton Vector, esp Buzz and fresh DX Cobra for my mid lineup...

Did the Vector change from the first run? I had one of the first ones years back and I thought it had a mega bead on it. My new Neutron one seems much more smooth.

I have many which are not FRs that fly the same. Not sure what the most recent runs are like from MVP directly. I hope not cant see why it would be changed.

Smallish bead, definitely not a big one. I've still got a fr and just pulled it out for a look. Haven't seen any of the recent ones for comparison.

Fresh proton is more over stable than fresh neutron. My neutron is a bit flatter and has a lower plh.

Fresh proton is fighting with z wasp for slot in main bag. Both are excellent and fly nearly the same.

Fresh proton is more over stable than fresh neutron. My neutron is a bit flatter and has a lower plh.

Fresh proton is fighting with z wasp for slot in main bag. Both are excellent and fly nearly the same.

Its not about the plastic but dome. Being your neutron is flat (less common) they tend to fly a little straighter like seasoned vector.

20151226_194005.jpg

Axis [flat top] in the middle of 2 different vector runs.
Eclipse proton & neutron to left/right [OS vectors]

Why don't you love on the Axis more, AIM? I think it's a stellar neutral-stable midrange, and damm close to a Buzzz. Anyone who bags Vectors w/o Axis is missing out, IMO.

Just dont need it honestly. I like being able to throw shorter flex shots in the woods with a vector as well as the extra wind resistance and can throw my ion/proxy/tangent any other time/shot.

I do work with an ion.

Latest posts