• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Baby Came back To Me!!!!

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
about 4 months ago i was halfway through a round when i realized my most prized possesion, the very first disc i ever owned, was missing from my bag. this was the only disc that i would miss if lost. i got a phone call today from my buddy and he says he got it back, because he was in his neighbors house and just happened to notice it (it had a very unique dye job)...how random is that?? he happily traded the guy a disc to get it back for me cause he knew how much it meant to me and called me all excited cause he got it back for me...talk about a friend lol. aparently i must have left it when throwing some practice drives and he just found it and didnt call me. Im more than excited to get my disc back, just thought i would share lol!! :D

Gratz on the return. I recently had something like that happen and I was stoked to get my disc back.

yeah no call but all is good i got it back and its not beat up or nothin lol its just a champ valk but it has a sweet dye and it was my first disc EVER so its something id like to keep around plus i can throw that disc more accuratly than any other disc i own

In the last 3 weeks...

I called and mailed a disc back to a guy and have had 3 bad phone numbers on discs. I feel it is the right thing to do to just keep the good Karma rolling ahead.

amen on getting discs back...just got my first run boss back from a guy who found it at hornet's nest in charlotte...my fav disc, so glad there are some good people left in this world...on the other side, i found a DC Tracker yesterday while trying to find my roc-o-lantern, need to call the guy...

I found someone's disc the first time I ever played, about 18 months ago. (Had plenty of opportunity, since I was often deep in the trees!) Anyway, I didn't even know that I should "name and number" my discs until I found his and noticed his digits on the back. So I called the guy and got his disc back to him the next day. Since then, I've returned many a disc, and had a few return to me. (Yes, I still spend plenty of time in the trees...) I think the whole "returning of found discs" things is a great aspect of the sport. I've been rewarded with a bottle of wine, beers, buds, and discs, but mostly I just like the concept that there's this community of disc golfers out there, and we're all looking out for each other (or at least for each other's discs.) So kudos to all the callers out there. And if you're a found-disc keeper, shame on you.

if i lose a disc and cant find it and someone else does they must have been searching really hard cause i hate leaving discs behind, even if they are my friends i still make them stay until we find it. up to this day i have only once thrown a disc and intentionally left it before i found it (in the hurricane when i threw it into near-raging rapids lol) and i lost the one this thread is about, which is now safely in my possession once more. i dont think i would be mad if i saw someone playing with a disc i lost because it must have been so hard to find, but i probably would offer a trade to get it back :cool:

I had lost a Star Wraith at Ace Run Ranch in Suffolk, Va a few months back. I played the course again 2 weeks ago and while looking for my most recent drive on that tee I found my Wraith and the Beast I had just thrown! They were 5 feet apart! Friggin' sweet:D

I had lost a Star Wraith at Ace Run Ranch in Suffolk, Va a few months back. I played the course again 2 weeks ago and while looking for my most recent drive on that tee I found my Wraith and the Beast I had just thrown! They were 5 feet apart! Friggin' sweet:D

wow what are the chances of that lol

I'd think the odds on that happening are pretty good actually (assuming the disc wasn't found by someone else in the meantime). My experience tells me I end up pretty close to the same place most of the time. Of course that most of the time is out in the fairway; but if I shanked a shot, it just stands to reason if I did shanked another one it would be in about the same place again.