• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag. Critiques/Suggestions wanted.

Definitely try powering down on the Fuse, as well as driving with that Wizard you said you would bring back out. I know the Fuse goes right when you huck it, but it shouldn't when powered down; if it does, hyzerflip that son'bitch:thmbup: (or toss the Wiz)

I'll have to give the fuse a try for that spot, I have been able to hyzer flip it when I have tried with nice results.

Took the Wizard out today and putted decently. Relatively speaking I putted well considering this was the first time I had ever putted with them. Gunna take some time, but I understand what you were talking about, they already seem more reliable in the air than the other putters I have thrown.

I'm afraid to throw the Wizard for shots other than putts right now because it's my only one. I'm trying to get a medium or two to beat in for up shots/drives and another soft as a back up putter.

Last edited:
I got some really good advice from everyones posts. Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions. So this is what I am working with right now. I'm going to the IDGC in Georgia next weekend and this will be my bag. Looking for some more feedback.

Putters: 235/270
3 Wizards- 175 HPP upshots and drives, 175 Soft main putter, 175 soft beat for anhyzer approaches and drives
1 Zone- 175 esp- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots.

Mids: 290/325
1 Fuse- 181 GL- anny mid shots, hyzer flips and such
2 Buzzz- 176 Z, straight to slight hyzer, 173 ESP FLX (Straight to slight anny)
1 Roc- 179 Champ Overstable mid- pretty beefy for a roc

Fairways: 350/375
2 Teebird- 175 Champion, 1 seasoned, one fresh
3 River- 171 TM, 174 GL, 176 Opto- stable to understable.
2 XXX- 1 GL (I lost it yesterday on the course, I'm hoping someone will turn it in, if not I'll have to get a new one), 1 Opto- Utility shots (OH, BH, FH, Skips, Spikes, ETC.)

Drivers: 370/400
2 Swords- 169 VIP Stable Max D, 175 Overstable Distance- Workhorse distance drivers. Wasn't getting near as much distance from the Halos.
1 King- 166 TP- MAX D- only on open holes or huge anhyzers

That's pretty much it right now. I am really hoping someone will turn in my GL XXX but I don't have high hopes. I'm also trying out a VIP Giant for the overstable max D shots and wind drives. I'll also probably be carrying a 4th wizard as a back up putter (probably an organic, love the grip on it and it's a tick stiffer than my softs).

Came in 3rd in intermediate division with this bag at the IDGC tournament this past weekend in Georgia.

2 Wizards- 175 HPP upshots and drives, 175 Soft main putter,
1 Zone- 175 esp- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots.

2 Fuse- 181 GL- anny mid shots, hyzer flips and such, 174 TM- Hyzer flips and huge anny's, some anny upshots
2 Buzzz- 176 Z, straight to slight hyzer, 173 ESP FLX (Straight to slight anny)
1 Roc- 179 Champ Overstable mid- pretty beefy for a roc

2 Teebird- 175 Champion, 1 seasoned, one fresh
2 River- 171 TM, 177 GL stable to understable, hyzerflips
2 XXX- 1 GL- beating it in it's pretty beefy right now 1 Opto- Utility shots (OH, BH, FH, Skips, Spikes, ETC.)

3 Swords- 169 VIP Stable to slightly understable D, 175 VIP stable Distance- 175 VIP new and overstable workhorse
1 King- 166 TP- MAX D- only on open holes, long hyzer flips or huge anhyzers

I might be putting a Soft Anode or Pure back in because I needed something for stable/understable drives and upshots. I don't like powering down my fuse for that and I am having trouble throwing the wizards for some reason. I'm gunna keep throwing the wizards as of now but I may change. Also messing around with some overstable Distance stiff like a flick, Xcal, and Giant to see which one sticks for that spot.

3 Wizards- 175 HPP upshots and drives, 175 Soft main putter, 175 Soft backup putter
1 Rhyno- 175 Pro- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots.

1 Buzzz- 176 Z straight to slight hyzer
4 Roc- 175 Champ big eye 06 Overstable mid, 175 KC Pro- Straight roc, 173 KC Pro beat turnover roc (175 DX Pumpkin roc beating in to replace my turnover roc)

4 Teebird- 175 Champion 1 seasoned to straight, 177 Glow champ beefy TB, 175 Pro turnover and hyzerflips, 173 DX turnover shots
3 Firebird- 175 seasoned champ strong headwinds and meathooks, 165 new utility shots OH FH etc, 168 Beat 11x money but kind of overlaps with my glo TB.

4 Valkyrie- 172 DX Rollers, 175 Seasoned Champ hyzer flips and turnovers, 175 star slightly worn maxD, 177 Glo Champ most overstable valk
2 PDs- 175 Fresh C-Line headwind max d driver, 174 S-line max D driver slightly seasoned some flicks

Trying the bag without the rivers and took out the faster stuff too.

This is what I'm working with at the moment.

2 Wizards- 175 Soft main putter, 175 Glow backup putter
1 Rhyno- 175 Pro- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots. FH's

1 Buzzz- 176 Z straight to slight hyzer, longer tunnel shots, mid range flicks
3 Roc- 175 Champ USDGC 06 Throwback Overstable mid, 175 KC Pro- Straight roc, 173 DX Pumpkin Roc beat turnover

3 Teebird- 175 Champion 1 Beat to straight, 175 Champ Seasoned Straght with a harder finish and FH rollers, 177 Glow champ beefy TB
2 Leopards- 175 Pro for turnovers, 174 Beat DX for BH rollers and shots that I don't want to and right
2 Firebird- 175 Glow champ strong headwinds and meathooks FH distance rollers, 165 new Pearly utility shots OH FH a bit straighter than the glow

3 Valkyrie- 173 Seasoned JK 5x hyzer flips and turnovers, 175 Beat JK 5x, 177 Glo Champ most overstable valk
2 PDs- 175 Fresh C-Line headwind max d driver max D flicks, 174 S-line max D driver slightly seasoned some flicks

It seems to be working pretty well, Let me know if I'm missing anything?

This is what I'm working with right now. Trying some things out, but I'm starting to see what I like and sticking with certain discs. I've been working on my flick and it has gotten a lot better (even go an ace with a flick last week). Any suggestions are appreciated.

2 Wizards-
175 Soft main putter (had to get a new one to replace my old one that was too beat up, threw it into a tree from 10 feet away :wall:)
175 SS backup putter, colder days, practice putts etc
1 Rhyno- 175 Champ- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots. FH's
1 Pure- 172 OPTO- trying it back in the bag, just ordered a GL so I want to get familiar with the mold again. (straight to anny drives/up shots

1 Buzzz- 176 Z straight to slight hyzer, longer tunnel shots, mid range flicks
3 Roc:
175 Champ USDGC 06 Throwback Overstable mid, kind of beat in and close to the KC roc I'm thinking about tossing in a fresh one.
175 KC Pro- Straight roc,
173 DX Pumpkin Roc beat turnover

2 Teebird:
175 Champion 1 Beat to straight
177 Glow champ beefy TB slightly seasoned but still beefy, preferred roller disc
2 Rivers:
174 GL, turnovershots, long hyzer flips
170 TM- Beat in, wont fade back left
1 Firebird- 175 Glow champ strong headwinds and meathooks FH distance rollers
1 Predator: a tick less overstable than the firebird, I like it a bit better for OH.

4 PDs:

175 C-Line max d headwind driver max D flicks Fresh
175 S-line max D driver newish (needs some seasoning)
170 S-Line Seasoned neutral driver, go to flick disc,
167 P-Line new, want to beat it into a turnover disc

I don't really like the wizard for driving, I may have to revisit it later, but the bead just doesn't release well from my hands (why I'm throwing the pure).

There are a couple longer low ceiling holes on my course which is why I need the buzzz to compliment the rocs. I also prefer to flick the buzzz. I don't think there is much overlap because the buzzz is much longer but more prone to skip aways.

Took out the Valks and leopards, I have been going back and forth between leopars/valks and rivers in my turnover slot and I just keep going back to the rivers. They are just as long in my opinion. Thinking about adding in an opto river too. Trying out a predator, I think it compliments the firebird well, when it beats in a bit it will be right in between the teebirds and firebird.

PD's are just perfect for me now, not too fast and fly like a longer eagle. I'm really trying to beat in the p-line to be my max D turnover disc. I also like flicking them, which keeps them in the bag because they aren't much longer than my teebirds at the moment.

Let me know what you think or if I'm missing anything. Thanks for looking!

keep the old beat wizard in your bag for longer putts and upshots. a beat putter is one of the best discs in your bag. trust me :thmbup:

keep the old beat wizard in your bag for longer putts and upshots. a beat putter is one of the best discs in your bag. trust me :thmbup:

Thanks for the suggestion, I have a couple beat in ones, but I just can't get the hang of throwing them yet. I have to do some field work with them some time and get used to it because I know how good they can be when thrown well.

Also, I don't like the beat in putter for long putts because I hyzer putt outside of 35 feet so if it won't hyzer out then it always seems to miss the basket.

I've taco'ed my favorite beat DX Aviar numerous times. It bends back and is just as awesome as before. Wizards need a **** load of abuse before they really straighten out and become good finesse/turnover short approach discs.

Beat putters are great for long putts because they hold the angle you release them at for a long time, so you can throw them slower from farther out and don't have to compensate for a hard fade at the end.

Of course, to each his own, but that's the way I look at it...

I've taco'ed my favorite beat DX Aviar numerous times. It bends back and is just as awesome as before. Wizards need a **** load of abuse before they really straighten out and become good finesse/turnover short approach discs.

Beat putters are great for long putts because they hold the angle you release them at for a long time, so you can throw them slower from farther out and don't have to compensate for a hard fade at the end.

Of course, to each his own, but that's the way I look at it...

Thanks for the comment. I understand where you are coming from.

It's definitely a straight to turnover disc, not really beat to hell, more just beat to having no fade. It took a lot of abuse from just putting alone and was completely fine, then I cranked it agains a tree and it has never been the same since.

I guess it kind of depends on your putting style. I pitch putt, and have a style for my longer putts that is just a more exaggerated version of my pitch putt (I rarely am actually throwing it at the basket from inside of 60ft) so I don't really benefit from a putter that flies straighter. For my style, it's not really compensating for a hard fade at the end, it's more using that fade as a predictable variable while throwing putts.

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while, due to being super busy with moving and getting situated in my new home and new job. I've also been occupying my time with some ball golf too. Anyway, I'm playing in a tournament next weekend and I'm looking to solidify my bag for it. I'm not throwing nearly as far or as consistant as when I was playing daily, but I can still huk some plastic a bit. I'm finding I need more turnover discs Than I used to.

Anyway, I decided to keep it kind of simple and try not to use too many discs for fear of confusing myself.

Max D drivers:
Z Nuke SS 170, A nice s curve and can hyzerflip a bit too. Max D out to 350. This is pretty much it for max D I'm not consistent or long enough right now to justify any more than 1 driver over speed 10.

Fairway Drivers:

Overstable slot- Going back and forth between the GL XXX and a Champ Firebird. Both are around 168. I have been liking them lighter, it's been easier to throw. I'd give the edge to the firebird as of now because I get a touch more distance, but the XXX has a much harder fade. Both are flat to about 225, then start fading hard out to 275ish with the xxx finishing further left, not sure wich one I'm going to pick.

Stable/neutral driver- Champ Teebird, I've had this one for almost 2 years and It's not going anywhere. 300 on a frozen rope or will hold a hyzer line.

Understable slot- Usually throw pro leopards around 170-175 (I have one DX that is a hard turnover disc). I finally gave up on the river and bought an amp, excited to see how it compares with the leopards I have.

MIDRANGES:

overstable mid- Still throwing an old max weight champ roc, holds hyzers out to 250ish pretty comfortable. Pretty good into the wind.

Stable mid- barstamp buzzz- pretty simple, not going anywhere any time soon.

Understable mid- I find a hard time finding understable discs. I'm currently trying out some comets and fuses. I also have a beat up roc that I occasionally throw in there. Not sure which one to stick with.

Utility- Usually go with a glo z zone, but sometimes also throw a drone too.

Putters:

Wizards still. Probably never going to change. I have a couple in different plastics and wears that I'm comfortable with from 220 in.

So I got about 12-14 discs I carry on a regular basis. they cover most all shots , let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Also, trying out a sidewinder and a volt just for fun. Maybe a patriot and rival too. There's so many new discs after not playing for a couple months.

Last edited:
Nice fairly simple setup! Looks good to me. Comets and fuses are great understable mids, hopefully one of those works out for you.

So this is what I'm going with for my Tournament this weekend.

Max D drivers: 300+
Still looking for something for this slot. The z nuke ss was just a bit too unpredictable. Probably going o go with a valk or maybe a King.

Fairway Drivers: 250-300

Overstable slot- The GL XXX Has won out. I'm just finding it a better utility disc than the firebird right now.

Stable/neutral driver- Champ Teebird, I've had this one for almost 2 years and It's not going anywhere. 300 on a frozen rope or will hold a hyzer line. I had to put in a fresh one because It can get a little flippy for the win. There is kind of a gap between the xxx and the teebrids though. I'm thinking either a max weight eagle or something else. Suggestions appeciated.

Understable slot- Leopards are just too good here. pro leopards around 170-175 (I have one DX that is a hard turnover disc).

MIDRANGES: 200-275

overstable mid- Still throwing an old max weight champ roc, holds hyzers out to 250ish pretty comfortable. Pretty good into the wind. got a back up roc3 for stuff into hard winds.

Stable mid- barstamp buzzz- pretty simple, not going anywhere any time soon.

Understable mid- Going to go with a beat roc here. I still doesn't flip up and turn, but it holds a nice anny. Gunna use this until my x comet beats in a little bit.

Utility- SE Drone. 250 in utility.

Putters: 0-220

Wizards still. Probably never going to change. I have a couple in different plastics and wears that I'm comfortable with from 220 in.

It's been a while, but I just started playing again after a long hiatus. I'm sticking these discs in a grip when I go out. Looking for a golf Mahal though I'm not sure it I really need one.

Max D drivers: 300+
Still looking for something for this slot. It's been a year and I have yet to fill it. Didn't love Valks, and the Mamba was too flippy. Going to try out some Terns, I tried a buddies and it worked out pretty well with my nood arm. Put it down a bit and it really flipped up and flexed out/glided really nicely. I was pretty surprised so I just had to go out and buy one because it was exactly what I wanted the mamba to be when I bought it.

Fairway Drivers: 250-300

I feel really solid with this set up right now. I have a mold/wear for each disc that fills almost every shot.

Overstable slot- Firebird- pearly champ 165. Back to old reliable, although I still like the XXX. I also have a metal flake that is beeftastic.

Stable/neutral driver- Champ Teebird, I've had this one for almost 3 years and It's not going anywhere. 300 on a frozen rope or will hold a hyzer line. I got a couple back ups that are wearing in nicely. I found an 11x that is more eagle like so I use that into the wind. It's really hard to find good champ teebirds around any more. Everything seems to be slick, domey, or plus molded.

Thinking about also just adding an 11x eagle for added beef, but not sure If i actually need to fill the gap between the firebird and teebirds.

Understable slot- Leopards are just too good here. pro/star/gstar leopards around 170-175 (I have one DX that is a hard turnover disc).

MIDRANGES: 200-275

overstable mid- Still throwing an old thrower max weight champ roc, holds hyzers out to 250ish pretty comfortable. Pretty good into the wind.

Trying out a glow Buzzz OS to maybe fill the rocs spot. I want something that I can reliably flick, and that is overstable out of the box without costing me 30+ bucks to replace when I lose it.

Stable mid- barstamp buzzz- pretty simple, not going anywhere any time soon. Holds any and every line.

Understable mid- I am having trouble filling this spot, which is why I am looking at the buzzz os for forehands. I have a hard time flicking the roc, so I figured I would try the buzzz os for this role and then try to beat in a d or x buzzz to eventually be good for backhand turnovers.

Utility- SE Drone. 250 in utility. beefcake into the wind can also flick reliably.

I also have a barstamp DX spider in the bag right now for utility upshots. Feels really good in the hand and does what I want it to. This thing is about 10-12 years old and was one of my first discs, they really don;t make DX plasitc like they used to.

Putters: 0-220

Wizards still my go to putter, probably will never change.

I do have an axium envy that I am looking to try out, I really like the shallow rim and the profile.

Also working a Pro Rhyno in the bag for windy days and upshots/flicks.

So basically it's still Teebirds, Buzzzes, Wizards and then some other moving parts. I really like the Leopard and firebirds right now. Trying to kick the roc out of the bag just feels wrong, but I think I will always end up sneaking one in the bag somewhere just in case of emergencies.

Max D drivers: 350+
I've been trying the Tern and Flow for this slot. I really like the flow, it's much more controllable, but ultimately it's not much longer than my teebirds, the Tern is much more squirrely but absolutely bombs. I think I'll stick wiith one tern for now, for wide open holes. otherwise, I will just use my fairways.

Fairway Drivers: 275-350

I feel really solid with this set up right now. I have a mold/wear for each disc that fills almost every shot.

Firebird- pearly champ 165.
Firebird Max Weight Champ
Firebird- Max weight star that is starting to flatten out and fly straight before fading out hard.

Teebird- Brinster- needed soemthing between my 11x and my firebirds for beefyness, this is what I have been looking for. If there is a beefier teebird let me know, but I doubt it.
Teebird- 11x Champ- Beefy and grippy really reliable distance into a headwind and good for flicking.
Teebird- Champ- I've had this one for about 3 years and It's not going anywhere. 300 on a frozen rope or will hold a hyzer line.
Gstar teebird- max weight trying this out for now as a more reliable dx teebird (i feel like my DX is always one good wack against a tree to be ruined).

Leopard- CE max weight really nice for all lines
Leopard- Gstar utility really nice grip in the rain, turns over really nicely.
Leopard- DX for huge anny's

Thinking about getting a regular champ here as just a thrower, not sure if it's necessary.

MIDRANGES: 200-300

Went back to cycling rocks- Got some beefy champ straight to os star, neutral KC, beat 9x Beat DX
Stable mid- barstamp buzzz- pretty simple, not going anywhere any time soon. Holds any and every line.

Keeping one buzzz in for flicks and really low lines under 300 ft.

Utility- SE Drone. 250 in utility. beefcake into the wind can also flick reliably.

Putters: 0-250

Wizards still my go to putter, probably will never change.

The envy is a beast and I love pairing it with an anode, but I'm just not sure if I can't just cover both of these shots with wizards and consolidate a mold.

Also working a Pro Rhyno in the bag for windy days and upshots/flicks.

So basically it's still Firebirds, Teebirds, Leopards, Rocs, Wizards and then some other moving parts. I really like the Leopard and firebirds right now.

Getting back into the game after a bit of a break off. Here's what I'm going with.

Never really have solidified this slot. Will be testing the Tresspass some more, plus the Insanity, Vanish, Lace, and a few other molds. Also have had some success with PD's, Kings, Terns and a few others. Not in a rush to find one, because my arm is not that strong and I'm not sure if I even need one. Interested in Star Destroyers, but I've heard the new runs are pretty beefy.

Any suggestions for a Max D driver for a noodle arm is appreciated.

I feel really solid with this set up right now. Haven't changed these 3 molds in about 4 years. Probably not ever going to change.

Firebird- pearly champ 165 for utilities
Firebird- Flat CE 175 meathook
Firebird- Max weight star that is starting to flatten out and fly straight before fading out hard.

Teebird- 11x Champ- Beefy and grippy really reliable distance into a headwind and good for flicking.
Teebird- Champ- I've had this one for about 6 years and It's not going anywhere.
Teebird- Star 172- Gotta have one that I can lose. Slots in between the two I have now.

Leopard- beat in CE turns over very well
Leopard- Star- Backup disc

Roc- Champ Beefy usdgc 2006
Roc- Beat in 9x for turnovers
Buzzz- Dead straight bar stamp
SE Drone- Utility disc, beefcake into the wind and can also flick reliably.

Wizards are still my putter of choice. But I could never really get along with them off the tee. Not a fan of the high end plastic from Gateway.

I am currently testing out Challengers to maybe have one mold to rely on for driving and putting.

The envy is a beast and I love pairing it with an Anode, Proxy or Atom.

Also am always liable to throw the Pro Rhyno in the bag for windy days.

So basically it's still Firebirds, Teebirds, Leopards, Rocs, and a Buzzz.

Would love some opinions on how to consolidate my putter molds. I'm thinking challengers for putting and overstable to neutral drives. Then pick with the Atom or the Proxy for understable putter shots.

Just a little update. I am getting rid of pretty much all of my OOP stuff. I am so afraid to lose them when I am on the course it is becoming not as much fun to play with them. I want to try to play with almost none of it.

Opto and GL Saint both are low 170's. I can get them out to 400 on flex lines.

These molds have been in my bag for close to 5 years now.

Firebird- Sexton

Teebird- Champ- I've had this one for about 6 years and It's not going anywhere. Striaght and flips up
Teebird- Star 172 and 175 for more overstable shots

Leopard- Pro- Turnover shots and hyzerflips

Buzzz OS/Drone Max weight. Both are fighting it out for a spot in my bag
Buzzz- Crystal z and TI max weight - straight to slight hyzer
Warrant- Turnover shots

Putting and throwing with Rhynos currently. I have a few beat up SE ones for putting. Then a seasoned and fresh pro for upshots.

I'm also trying a nova for drives and turnover upshots.

Just a little update. I am getting rid of pretty much all of my OOP stuff. I am so afraid to lose them when I am on the course it is becoming not as much fun to play with them. I want to try to play with almost none of it.

Opto and GL Saint both are low 170's. I can get them out to 400 on flex lines.

These molds have been in my bag for close to 5 years now.

Firebird- Sexton

Teebird- Champ- I've had this one for about 6 years and It's not going anywhere. Striaght and flips up
Teebird- Star 172 and 175 for more overstable shots

Leopard- Pro- Turnover shots and hyzerflips

Buzzz OS/Drone Max weight. Both are fighting it out for a spot in my bag
Buzzz- Crystal z and TI max weight - straight to slight hyzer
Warrant- Turnover shots

Putting and throwing with Rhynos currently. I have a few beat up SE ones for putting. Then a seasoned and fresh pro for upshots.

I'm also trying a nova for drives and turnover upshots.

Can you turnover a Buzzz SS? Then you'd have the whole hive...similar feeling discs that cover any all your mid duties. Kind of like a Roc cycle.

Latest posts