• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag. Critiques/Suggestions wanted.

Not sure if you'd really need an Axis and a Vector with multiple Rocs in the bag. If you need a more overstable Roc, you can always shell out cash for a champ one or my vote, a Q Sentinel. It's beaded and feels like a Ching Roc but it's a very underrated overstable mid. If you want a real meathook, try and find a san marino tooled Sentinel, most of the "www.innova" tooled ones (current mold) are nowhere near as beefy but are at least KC Pro Roc beefy if not a little more. Really solid disc.

Thanks for the info BrotherDave, I thought this was my most recent update, but I only posted it on DGR not this thread. I was kind of just trying out the axis and vector to see what they could do. I'll take a look at the sentinel, but I went back to the drone and it's working well. This is my most recent update.

As I said, These are estimated on course distances.

Distance Drivers: Avenger- 300/350, Max D- 325/375
2x King- 166 and 174 Tournament- Max D stable driver
1x Sword- Tournament- 173- fairly new, like it better than the boss so far.
3x Avenger- 175 Z, 172 Z, 170 X- workhorses, stable to slightly overstable control drives. (one is for flicks)
2x Avenger SS- 167 ESP FLX, 175 Z- Long turnovers, flex shots, Understable control drivers, rollers.

Fairway Drivers: 280/325
1x Firebird- Champ 174- overstable wind driver, meathook skips (got a backup I don't always carry too)
2x Teebird- 175 Champ (1 worn, one new)- Stable to slightly overstable shots/ drives.
2x Leopard- Worn 174 Pro, Beat 176 DX- understable turnover shots/ drives.
1x Banshee- Worn Champ- 173- Utility disc, OH shots, FH shots, skips, some drives.

Mids: Roc- 250/300
3x Rocs- Beat 178 DX, Worn 177 KC Pro, New 175 Kc Pro- slightly overstable to understable shots
1x Buzzz- ESP FLX 170- low ceiling tunnel shots out to about 300'- Have a TI coming so trying to get back into the mold.
1x Drone- ESP FLX- 176g- Meathook, utility mid. Headwind shots.

Putters: Rhyno- 200/225, Anode- 220/260
2x Rhyno- 1x 165 DX Main putter and practice putter, 174 super soft Pro (some upshots and testy putts) a couple more 165 DX's coming in the mail soon)
2x Anode- 172 and 173 Softs- Upshots and drives (didn't like it for putting)

Drivers: Added a Sword. Took out the Blizzard Boss, It just didn't do it for me.

Mids: Went with a Drone for overstable mid after messing around with a bunch of different molds. I needed a dead flat low ceiling tunnel shot, so I added a Buzzz. It works well so bar but I don't like the ESP FLX plastic for the Buzzz. I tried out an Axis but it wasnt better than the Buzzz. I'm going to try out a Core and a Warship for this shot next. I have those two coming in the mail and a TI buzzz. Hopefully one of those will stick.

Putters: Switched to from 175 to 165 Rhyno's for my main putting ditues. I'm making a lot more putts with just the switch in weight. I still have a heavy Pro putter in the bag if I ever need it. Also switched from Medium to Soft Anodes and stopped putting with them. I love the feel of them approaching and off the tee, just not for putting. Definitely will be in my bag for a long time to come.

Let me know what you think

Not sure you'd need a FB and a Banshee. But that's really the only overlap you might have. I think b/w a Z Avenger and a Banshee the FB would be the easiest to drop.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried putting with Ions? The current ones are more Rhyno like in stability than they used to be. If you're putting well with the Rhynos I wouldn't mess with a good thing though.

Good info. Well, the Firebird is time tested for me. It's much more overstable than the banshee. I use it mostly when I'm in the s*** and need a meathook or something that will skip hard left. I got the banshee in a trade, about a week ago, and loved it so much I kept it in. I use it for OH and FH shots mostly (I can't FH the Firebird for some reason it just dies right way to fast). Also the Banshee is about 40' longer than the firebird for me. I could just pick one and use it for all of them, but I like using them for different things. The Z Avenger is much longer, for me, than either of them are and I just love the mold.

As for Ions, I have been tempted to click "buy" about a dozen times over the last month but haven't pulled the trigger. Honestly, I have used a Rhyno for putting since I began playing. I've tried all different aviars, and the anodes, and a couple other random putters but I keep going back to the Rhyno. It's not because I putt all that well with them, I just putt the best with them out of anything I have tried. To be honest, putting is my main problem, I just don't practice it enough. On days when I am putting well I flirt with negative scores (-1 is my lowest score). When I'm not putting well my score can be close to +8.

I think I'll eventually try out the Ion, but I don't think it will stick. I love the Anode for upshots and off the tee so much I doubt the Ion will come close.

I happened to find a heavily worn 11x Firebird that was basically the Banshee for me. (by find I mean trade/buy). So I added that and took out the Banshee.

Going back to Pro Rhynos, 2 170's and one 173. Also added a champ 175 for driving.

I have a Ti Buzzz, Tourney Warship coming in the mail today. I'm going to put them up against each other and the core to see which one sticks for that spot in the bag.

A couple minor changes to the bag. Just some tweaking

Distance Drivers: Avenger ss- 325/350, Max D- 350/390
3x King- 166 and 174 Tournament, 175 VIP- Max D stable driver
2x Sword- 175 VIP, 173 Tournament- Max d driver, straight with a reliable fade. I have loved these so much I have found that I dont need the avengers anymore.
2x Avenger SS- 167 ESP FLX, 175 Z- Long turnovers, flex shots, Understable control drivers, rollers.

Fairway Drivers: Teebirds/Leos- 280/325, Firebirds- 300/350
2x Firebird- Champ 174, 173 champ 11x- overstable wind driver, meathook skips, the 11x is preatty beat in and is almost like a longer teebird/ banshee
2x Teebird- 175 Champ (1 worn, one new)- Stable to slightly overstable shots/ drives.
2x Leopard- Worn 174 Pro, Beat 176 DX- understable turnover shots/ drives.

4x Rocs- Rancho- Beat 173 KC Pro, Worn 177 KC Pro, New 175 Kc Pro, 175 champ- overstable to understable shots out to 300'

4x Rhyno- 2 170 pro (one main and one backup), 165 Pro for out of the circle putts, 175 champ for drives and upshots
2x Anode- 172 Softs- Upshots and drives

I took out the avengers because there wasn't much room for them. I've been throwing the swords really well. Also the teebirds and my 11x firebird got nearly the same distances/flights as them. So that makes 10 molds for 24 discs.

Going to be trying out Flows, Halos, Havocs, and a VIP King because the tourney kings haven't been very unreliable for me. They get great distance, but seem to be useless in any sort of wind (especially headwinds).

Let me know what you think, Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Ps: if you have any of these discs FSOT I am interested in buying/selling. Check out my FSOT thread in my signature. I could use some backups for the Charlotte Amateur Championships. Thanks!

Sorry I forgot about dropping the Avenger ss' for leos:

A couple minor changes to the bag. Just some tweaking

Primarily RHBH, I'm experimenting with adding a RHFH.

Distance Drivers: Avenger ss- 325/350, Max D- 350/390
3x King- 166 and 174 Tournament, 175 VIP- Max D stable driver
2x Sword- 175 VIP, 173 Tournament- Max d driver, straight with a reliable fade. I have loved these so much I have found that I dont need the avengers anymore.

2x Firebird- Champ 174, 173 champ 11x- overstable wind driver, meathook skips, the 11x is preatty beat in and is almost like a longer teebird/ banshee
3x Leopard- New 169 Pro, Worn 174 Pro, Beat 176 DX- understable turnover shots/ drives.

4x Rocs- Rancho- Beat 173 KC Pro, Worn 177 KC Pro, New 175 Kc Pro, 175 champ- overstable to understable shots out to 300'

4x Rhyno- 2 170 pro (one main and one backup), 165 Pro for out of the circle putts, 175 champ for drives and upshots

I took out the avengers because there wasn't much room for them. I've been throwing the swords really well. Also the teebirds and my 11x firebird got nearly the same distances/flights as them. Also took out the Avenger SS' because I wanted to see if I would miss them with just throwing my leopards. I have a feeling I wont. So that makes 9 molds for 23 discs.

Going to be trying out Flows, Halos, Havocs, and a VIP King because the tourney kings haven't been very unreliable for me. They get great distance, but seem to be useless in any sort of wind (especially headwinds).

Let me know what you think, Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Ps: if you have any of these discs FSOT I am interested in buying/selling. Check out my FSOT thread in my signature. I could use some backups for the Charlotte Amateur Championships. Thanks!

Don't miss the Avengers or the Avenger SS'.

Added a Piranha for "go for it" shots. Have had some really nice runs at the basket with it.

Still waiting to try out the Flow and Halo's I got. It's been raining a lot here this weekend. The CAC is next weekend, so I doubt I'll be able to get comfortable with them in one week.

Played the CAC this weekend with this bag:

Distance Drivers: 350/390
1x King- 175 VIP- Max D stable driver
1x Sword- 169 VIP Go to Max D driver

3x Teebird- 172 star, 175 Champ (1 worn, one new)- Stable to slightly overstable shots/ drives.
3x Leopard- New 169 Pro, Worn 174 Pro, Beat 176 DX- understable turnover shots/ drives.

2x Rhyno- 171 pro (putting only) 172 Star (long jump putts, upshots, driving

I bought/got way too many discs this weekend so I'm going to be trying out the flow, havoc, northman, boatman, giant, kc aviar, valkyrie, and maybe one or two more.

Your latest bag looks pretty good. Heavy on Rocs and fairway drivers. :thmbup:

I use a max weight champ TB for my headwind duties during glow rounds. I would drop the worn FB and carry only one.

I would also add a DX Teebird. That is the plastic that makes the Teebird shine.

Your latest bag looks pretty good. Heavy on Rocs and fairway drivers. :thmbup:

I use a max weight champ TB for my headwind duties during glow rounds. I would drop the worn FB and carry only one.

I would also add a DX Teebird. That is the plastic that makes the Teebird shine.

Yea, I pretty much only throw fairways off the tee. Especially at the CAC, I don't think I've thrown that many leos in my entire life.

I have a max champ teebird, but I don't feel confident throwing it into 20+ mph winds, that worn 11x is perfect for it. My other FB is really overstable and I can throw it about 40-50 feet less than the 11x.

I've messed around with the DX teebird but I hit too many trees for it to be consistent. It seem to overlap with my most overstable leopard after about 2 tree hits.

Complete change from the last time, I have been wanting to try these discs out for a while. I haven't been throwing my discs all that well lately so I wanted to switch some things up.

Putters: 250/285
2 Rhyno- 2 171 pros putting
1 Pure- Opto- 177- upshots/shorter drives (testing it out over the anode)

Mids: 290/325
2 Fuse- 175 opto, 181 GL
2 Buzzz- 176 Z, and 173 esp flx
1 Drone- 178 SE

Fairways: 340/375
2 Teebird- Champion, 1 seasoned, one fresh
2 River- one TM, one GL
2 Firebird- beat 11x and fresh star
1 Valk (might not need it with the GL river)- rollers, hyzer flips, low ceiling drives, stable control driver

Drivers: 370/400
3 Swords- 169 VIP, 175 VIP, 173 Tournament (trying to beat in)

I like it so far, I seem to have most things covered.

Does you River work as a turning driver that finishes with little fade?
Mine doesn't, so I put a Northman in my bag; I think the River is supposed to do for that sort of shot, though.
Solid bag, either way if you ask me. Personally, I'd put a Zone in. Just because it's the bees knees.

Does you River work as a turning driver that finishes with little fade?
Mine doesn't, so I put a Northman in my bag; I think the River is supposed to do for that sort of shot, though.
Solid bag, either way if you ask me. Personally, I'd put a Zone in. Just because it's the bees knees.

The River does do that for me. Well, the GL one does that, it's still pretty fresh. I might need to look into getting an opto one to fill in the GL role when it beats in a bit more. I also have a TM one that is a tad more beat in, It kinda just keeps turning till it hits the ground. I have a feeling It is considerably more understable than they Northmans I have thrown however.

I have an ESP zone kinda waiting around, but I also have a bulldog that I like a bit better.

Putters: 250/280
1 Rhyno- 1 171 Pro- main putting duties/backup
1 Bulldog- 175 DX (trying out for putting/upshots, the Rhyno hasn't been working for me as of late)
2 Pure- 1 Opto, 1 Zero- 177- upshots/shorter drives- Like it better than the anode, the shallow rim fits better in my hand.

1 Fuse- 181 GL- all anny mid shots (trying to beat in the X Buzzz so I won't need the Opto Fuse)
2 Buzzz- 176 Z (straight to slight hyzer, and 176 X (Straight to slight anny)
1 Roc- 179 Champ (couldn't leave the roc out, too versatile/reliable)

Fairways: 350/375
2 Teebird- 175 Champion, 1 seasoned, one fresh
3 River- 171 TM, 174 GL, 176 Opto
2 XXX- 1 GL, 1 Opto- Utility shots (UH, BH, FH, Skips, Spikes, ETC.)-(better than the firebird from a pure utility standpoint)
2 Valks- 175 Star, 173 JK Seasoned- rollers, hyzer flips, low ceiling drives, stable control driver, huge annys

2 Halos- 1 Opto, 1 GL- More overstable than the swords, just perform better than the sword in the wind- What I was missing.
2 Kings- 166 TP, 175 VIP- MAX D- only on open holes.- Kind of overlap with the Valks, so I'm not sure if I really need them

I keep changing it up, but I like it. I seem to have most things covered. I have also switched up my grip to a standar power grip and have been playing much better than I was a couple weeks ago. I've been trying out the Flow and Havoc, I like them, but don't seem to need them.

Putters: 235/270
1 Rhyno- 175- overstable upshots
2 Bulldog- 175 DX main putter/ backup
1 Piranha- 175 DX- Beat in, Stable to understable approaches, "go for it" shots

1 Fuse- 181 GL- all anny mid shots
2 Buzzz- 176 Z, straight to slight hyzer, and 173 ESP FLX (Straight to slight anny)
1 Roc- 179 Champ Overstable mid

Fairways: 350/375
2 Teebird- 175 Champion, 1 seasoned, one fresh
3 River- 171 TM, 174 GL, 176 Opto- stable to understable.
2 XXX- 1 GL, 1 Opto- Utility shots (OH, BH, FH, Skips, Spikes, ETC.)-better than the firebird from a pure utility standpoint.

2 Swords- 169 VIP Stable Max D, 175 Overstable Distance- Workhorse distance drivers. Wasn't getting near as much distance from the Halos.
1 King- 166 TP- MAX D- only on open holes or huge anhyzers

Concerns:
1) Since I've taken out anodes pures and other longer putters I have found a pretty big distance gap in between my putters and mids. This usually forces me to power down my Buzzz but I find it doesn't hold the same line. I guess it's something I have to work on more. Maybe try to use my fuse a bit more for power-downs. I'm just afraid to use the fuse because it usually goes right when I throw it.

2) My swords get beat in too easily and are becoming straighter and straighter. The Halos were a bit more of a meathook than I had wanted. Any suggestions for a max D type driver (speed 11 or 12) that is just a tick more overstable than them Sword?

Hmmm, your putter situation is a little concerning. It looks like you've gone through quite a few in the last 3 months. And now the Bulldog/Piranha combo?

You need to just commit to a traditional stable putter like an Aviar or BB Aviar (or one of the many similar alternatives) for 3 months, and practice putting a little. The Rhyno is a great disc, but it's not a good main putter, and the Bulldog, well it hardly qualifies as a putter.

It also seems like you could use something more overstable than the TB, but more workable than the XXX, like a C-PD, QOLF, beat Pred, or beefy Eagle. Best of luck.

I don't like the feel of any of those in my hand. I have a couple aviars (KC PRO, Yeti, JK Pro) and I have a wizard. I just don't like the feel of them. I've putted with a rhyno since I started playing. I have tried many putters for putting but recently decided to give the bulldog a chance and keep it there for a while before deciding on whether to go with it or move on. What makes it not qualify as a putter?

As for your other point, I'm trying to beat in my GL xxx to where it can be a bit workable. I think it will take a little while, but it is already much less beefy than my opto.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well the Bulldog's rim is wider than a Buzzz, a disc which is often considered a quasi-fairway driver. Of course the Bulldog is incredibly slow (and fairly overstable) for it's rim width which makes it fly closer to putter speed, but they're strange discs.

Of course putting is all about feel, but learning to putt with a traditional putter is usually the best way to improve your scores long term. You just don't see any good putters using anything more overstable than a BB Aviar or Wizard.

All my DG buddies who started putting with a Rhyno have said pretty much the same thing as you, but once they've broken the habit and learned to putt with a regular putter, their game has improved. It's up to you though! A really broken in Rhyno will fly pretty straight and can work. It just get's trickier and trickier to putt with a really overstable putter the farther from the basket you are.

Ok, I think I'll give the wizard I have collecting dust in my closet a try then. Although, the Rhyno I have is beat to understable, It's kind of strange to be honest.