• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Bag Till July

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So I won't be playing in any tourneys till July so I've decided to simplify to help clean up my form. Let me know what you think. When I had the max drivers in I was throwing 400-420. The Orcs I can push out to ~380-400.

Drivers
Z Pred- 175g Crazy Wind/Crazy Hyzer
S-PD- 175g Straight then Fade
C-PD- 172g Less stable than the S-PD, nice S curves
Champ Orc- 173g Longest, holds hyzer and flat lines well, still predictible fade
Glo Orc- 175g Hyzer-Flipper and tailwind driver

Fairway
Opto Trident- 175g Winds/Spikes/thumbers
ESP Tracker- 175g Straight with nice fade, small S curves
Opto River- 175g Hyzer-Flips, Annys

Mids
Z Buzzz SS- 177g Annys and Hyzer-Flips
Z Buzz- 173g Straight and long hyzers
Vector- 177g Hyzers and small S (Not sure if I going to keep it in)
FLX Drone- 177g Windy days and shots that can't skip

Putters
Soft Ion- 174g Driving Putter
SSS Voodoo- 174g Approach disc
HPP Voodoo- 174g Putter

Let me know what you think.

a dozen different molds is not simplifying. Try 5 or 6 different molds. That will allow you to carry backups and different stabilities of the same mold.

It seems decent, but Hysell raises a good point.

I question the need for the Trident when you've got a Pred and Drone. The Orc and PD are dangerously similar, particularly considering you don't have any beefy PDs in the bag. I think the Vodoo makes a good driving putter, and the Ion makes a good putting putter, so I don't really see a reason to carry both instead of committing to one or the other.

I'd still feel comfortable throwing your bag if I were really comfortable with each of those discs, but it's not exactly simple.

The PDs haven't been beat very much, while the Orcs are very beat, so thats where the difference comes with that.

To Hysell's point, I guess I should clarify, I am not really trying to simplify my entire bag as much as I am trying to correct my driving form. I have been finding that my Surges, Nukes, and Havocs have not been nearly as consistant as my fairways and mids have been. This has been my main reason for changing my bag. I was even debating taking out the Pred, PD, and Orcs but they seem to be working at this point.

To the Trident, I really like throwing it. It does more work than the pred does, so maybe I pull out the pred (It's just new shiny plastic, sigh)

I've been debating about the Voodoo and Ion. I've been throwing my Voodoos forever, so if I was going to nix one, I guess it would be the Ion. I've been using the Ion b/c it is more forgiving to putting to much power into a drive than the Ion is, but I guess that can be corrected by me throwing better. (easier said than done)

If I were to simplify my molds what of the discs would you suggest using to cover the shots and plastic types?

Drivers
Z Pred- 175g Crazy Wind/Crazy Hyzer Just throw the Trident, maybe xXx. maybe PD2
Champ Orc- 173g Longest, holds hyzer and flat lines well, still predictible fade
Glo Orc- 175g Hyzer-Flipper and tailwind driverP-PD can replace Orcs

Fairway
ESP Tracker- 175g Straight with nice fade, small S curves
Opto River- 175g Hyzer-Flips, AnnysP-PD can replace both of these.
Mids
Vector- 177g Hyzers and small S (Not sure if I going to keep it in)

Putters
Soft Ion- 174g Driving Putter
SSS Voodoo- 174g Approach disc
HPP Voodoo- 174g Putter
Try a M Ion for putting if you don't want to kick the Ion out

Let me know what you think.

There's what I think. You could easily reduce molds like Hysell said. I'd hate for you to kick the Ion out b/c it's my go-to for form work b/c it absolutely rewards good form like no other putter I've thrown but you can make the Voodoos work for you no prob. I don't have a problem with an extra putting mold either.

Would I need a beat and fresh P-PD to cover those shots, or do you think one would do it? The reason being is the River and Tracker I throw different lines with, would one P-PD do that or would I need two? I do have a Medium Ion that I have been throwing as well, so the switch could be possibly, but not probable. The Voodoo feels cleaner coming off my hand for approaches than the Ion does, but if I'm eliminating molds I should have room for another putter.

So I threw the P-PD side by side against the Tracker and River. The River won out for straight and anny drives. I didn't have to throw as hard to get the same distance which allowed me to have more wiggle room on my anny releases. The Tracker and the P-PD were actually pretty similar, but the Tracker had more fade, but this could be fixed by throwing the S-PD or C-PD. Will test the Orcs vs the PD tomorrow.

I have back-ups of all my discs, but I don't really throw them. The only thing that would be different is my other S-PD is a First Run.

So I got to throw the P-PD and Tracker some more this afternoon. I still don't like the P-PD, but was finding that I really don't need the Tracker either. I found that I was actually able to throw the PD with less power and still have good control and the distance covered the same shot as the Tracker.

With that, I think I'll keep the Orcs in the bag. That said, two days, two disc gone.

So I've been playing around lately without playing with the high speed stuff. I've been finding I've been throwing more consistently with drives and mids, approaches are better, but my putting is falling apart. Two reason for this in my thought, one I haven't had alot of time with the practice basket for about month:doh:, and two I'm switching back and forth between push and spin putting. Neither feels comfortable at this point, but hey at least I'm more consistent elsewhere.

Drivers
Champ Orc- 169g Longest, holds hyzer and flat lines well, can also be thrown anny and hold the line

Fairway
Champ Teebird +- 173g Straight with good amount of fade (debating if I need this disc can really cover this shot with a PD)
Opto Northman- 172 Straight with a little fade if thrown at 80%, but once over that mark it gets squirrely (I really like the 80% shot, but want the disc to hold the line even if thrown at 100%
GL River- 175g Hyzer-Flips with a left to straight finish
Opto River- 175g Hyzer-Flips, Annys

Mids
Cryztal Buzzz- 175g More overstable than the regular Z
ESP Zone- 177g Windy days, approaches, FH Utility

Putters
OG Voodoo- 174g Main putter
OG Wizard- 174g Approach disc

So here are my issues areas:

-stable fairway (straight with nice fade that I can throw 100% with out blowing past 350')
-Debate between the Drone and Zone, I feel like I only need one, the drone holds a more predictible line, but the Zone is more versitle.
-Also putters I love the way my OG Voodoo feels, but with my putting issues I'm willing to give anything a shot. Here are the putters I have: Voodoos (S, HPP Stiff, HPP Gummy, OG gummy), Wizards (OG stiff, Evo Stiff), Challenger (Cryztal, FLX), a Supreme Juju, a soft ION, a DX Aviar, and a 151g Magic.

Help me please.:gross: