• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] My bag went from Innova to Discraft

Aside from my Polaris LS, I carry all Innova. That's all they have in stock around here and I have an unwarranted fear of buying things online.

Buying online can be good depending where you purchase from. Clearwater DGS is great, and you can IM one of their staff and discuss which exact disc you want with respect to certain attributes (exact weight, color, dome, etc). Marshall Street DGS is the other one that I buy from the most. I'll usually call the store up directly and talk to one of the staff; they are extremely knowledgeable and can give you advice on what would work best for you.

Started Innova and still all Innova except Buzzz and Stalker that I use occasionally. If Discraft had been more available when I started playing it might be different. Some things that Innova does is annoying but I have no plans to change.

Started all Innova, but now its about 50-50... Only Gateway putters though... (Organic Wizard, SS Warlock, Organic Voodoo)

Now a view from the other side...
I started out almost all Discraft, but recently I have started re-discovering Innova like a 150g Leopard and a 175g Pro-line Leopard and a Pro Wraith and a 180g DX Wolf.
I won't be giving up my Avengers, Buzzz, Stratii or my Crush; but that 150g Leopard is a fun disc.

I try to give all the companies an equal opportunity to have their products thrown terribly.

Started all Innova... added some discraft... discovered gateway... removed all discraft for gateway... discovered and added Lat64 removing some Innova and gateway.... Discovered/added one Vibram Ridge ;)

I try to give all the companies an equal opportunity to have their products thrown terribly.

awesome way of thinking!:thmbup: I am looking to explore midrange discs and am undecided on the mako or the buzzz. i use a cobra now and want something that is very straight flying. My cobra usually does what i want it to unless i throw a worm burner with it and then i get a second chance 10' closer!:doh:

IMO it's the availibility of a disc brand near you which makes your bag what it is. At least untill you get deep enough into the sport to start ordering stuff online and what not

Here it's Innova at the PIA. They do carry Discraft, but a much larger selection of Innova discs, so most people bags consist of Innova.

Me, it's Innova, Discraft, and Gateway (putters)

In the bag I played with today...

9 Millennium (2 OLF, OLS, Polaris LF, Polaris LS, QMS, 2 JLS, Omega SS)
2 Innova (11X Firebird, FL)
1 Discraft (Avenger SS)
1 Gateway (SSS Magic)

I bought the old Polaris LF from a guy selling out of the back of his van in Lubbock. It replaced my Teebird. I think they're the same mold.

The store near my house keeps adding brands. He now carries Innova, Discraft, Gateway (mostly putters), Latitude 64, Discmania, DGA (mostly putters), and Ching. There's no way with all that temptation that I could keep myself limited to a single brand.

I started Innova, tried things out, and I'm still an Innova guy. I like the variety and options better than any other manufacturer. It just seems like Discraft is always playing catch up. I do throw a Meteor though, and i don't feel that Innova has an answer to that disc.

Innova definitely has more variety than anyone else. You've got to give them credit for that. :)

I love having all the different plastic, especially the internet discs that get all the hype that no one I know or see IRL uses (wizard, roc, PD, xXx, etc.)

I started with only innova, until I we got pro D Buzzz' at work and loved the look and feel. Explored from there which led me online and boom, 50 discs later, still cant throw, but love every second of each bad throw.

I, too, started out all Innova. Now I'm carrying 9 Discraft/DGA and 4 Innova in my everyday bag.

Aside from my Polaris LS, I carry all Innova. That's all they have in stock around here and I have an unwarranted fear of buying things online.

You're avatar would be ashamed. :|

I started 100% Innova just because it was around. Now that I've fallen in love with a pro d Buzzz, I'm thinking that maybe discraft is worth looking into after all...

Latest posts