• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My buddy needs a mid..

RightAJ

Birdie Member
His bday is coming up and I think he desperately needs a mid... He is more of finesse thrower that glides discs, and maxes around 300. His current bag is a high speed mess:

-Star Boss (I have no idea how, but he keeps this pretty straight)
-Star FL
-Champ Orc
-S Element
-DX Aviar

What should I get him?

aj

Finesse you say? Comet, Fuse, Coyote, Mako, etc.

I wouldn't get him a buzzz with a comet. Two different speed groups.

If he's a finesse thrower, he'll attach to the Comet really fast. I'd get him a low 170's weighted DX Roc and X Comet. He'll be golden.

if you want to do the buzzz route, just get him a Z Buzzz and a Goldline Fuse. More of a speed/power throwers disc though IMO.

I'm a finesse guy and nothing really puts a damper on a roc/comet combo.

Q Sentinel, best mid in da game. And don't let any zionist bastard tell you otherwise.

The comet and element are going to be too similar, and the Buzzz isn't far off that mark. I would go with the Q Sentinel (QMF), or a Wasp, just to give him something to use in the wind.

I wouldn't get him a buzzz with a comet. Two different speed groups.

If he's a finesse thrower, he'll attach to the Comet really fast. I'd get him a low 170's weighted DX Roc and X Comet. He'll be golden.

if you want to do the buzzz route, just get him a Z Buzzz and a Goldline Fuse. More of a speed/power throwers disc though IMO.

I'm a finesse guy and nothing really puts a damper on a roc/comet combo.

if you want to go with roc/comet I would recommend a KC roc. A dx roc and x comet will both beat in pretty quick. KC rocs can stand up to a lot of beginner abuse.

Stratus. It's the ultimate finesse disc and can hit the straightest line or perfect touch annys.

if you want to go with roc/comet I would recommend a KC roc. A dx roc and x comet will both beat in pretty quick. KC rocs can stand up to a lot of beginner abuse.

DX Rocs stay stable longer than people give them credit for. Unless you're a torque monkey, even a heavily beat DX will stand up to all but a direct headwind.

DX Rocs stay stable longer than people give them credit for. Unless you're a torque monkey, even a heavily beat DX will stand up to all but a direct headwind.

torque monkey or not a dx roc loses stability much faster. If he only has one mid (element) I think he needs a roc that will stay like a fresh roc for longer.