• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My disc golf bag is backwards. Yours is too.

Could just get one of these:

8954a44f-65f1-41e7-8ebd-0b1f23892a7b_1.35d168d7c55861cf17c90367a0324482.jpeg

Explaining why the bag you purchased is designed wrong instead of getting a different bag is like...

tumblr_o089poUkWa1r9a32bo1_400.gif

Since I throw right-handed, I figure that my left side should carry out at least some function. So, I always pick up my bag with my left hand and sling it on from that side, hopefully giving my right shoulder a break from that little bit of wear and tear.

This.

If you're throwing with your right hand and also using your right hand/arm/shoulder for your bag, then you're doing it wrong.

I'm a rightie and always sling the bag on the left. That leaves my right hand free to grab for the next shot. Or when putting, especially the short ones, I'm not even dropping the bag.

I'm a rightie and always sling the bag on the left. That leaves my right hand free to grab for the next shot. Or when putting, especially the short ones, I'm not even dropping the bag.

I think the OP "figured out" something that most people have already been doing...

I used to get twinges in my right elbow from picking up my grip and slinging it with my right arm which got me into using the left. I also did notice a difference in my throwing arm's tourney endurance after I started using my left to snatch up the bag.

A lesson I learned while on a work day. Never use your throwing hand for anything strenuous.

I can relate to the OP. I use a cheap bag for my casual rounds and the bottle holder is definitely on the wrong side. For tourney rounds I use the expensive bag and not only is it way too big and heavy, I've discovered that I stash all the discs I actually use in the top compartment, which is meant for all your crap, not discs. So, when I design my own bag, the disc compartment will sit three feet off the ground and the rest of the bag will simply hold it up.

Maybe I'm weird because I'm a lefty, but I'm able to consume beverages with either arm. Could probably double fist beers too if I drank bottles.

Ha, ha! Those were the days...

Nah, 49 year old just trying to have a little fun. Most of these responses made me laugh, so it worked! I got one of my bags at Play it Again Sports, and the others are baseline models, so I obviously don't expect the super straps and extra bottle holders, if that wasn't obvious. I did seriously wish the bottle holder was on the other side, so I may try the DGA bag mentioned above. We manufacture humidity in Central Alabama, you know, so the drink holder is pretty high on my list! :) Thanks all for the laughs. That was my intent.
I'm 58 and live in Texas, so I get it. If I'm not using my cart, I carry the Dynamic Discs Soldier Bag with the cooler in the middle. Six discs on each side of the cooler and 2 putters in the putter pocket. The cooler will hold 6 water bottles. I usually freeze one of them the day before I play instead of ice. Oh yeah, drink holders on both sides of the bag! I have my towel in the one I'm not using for drinks.

I always just pick up or put back the drink when the bag isn't on my shoulder. Problem solved.

My disc golf backpack is homemade, snowsealed and has a spot in the center for my water bottle, which can only be accessed when it's off my back. My beer stays in my hand and sets on the ground while I'm throwing.

Latest posts