• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first Open Women Win

AshleyH

Eagle Member
Played my first pdga tournament of the year. I feel like I have been improving by leaps and bounds and was finally able to prove it to myself. We had a division of 6 Open women, biggest turnout we have had in this state.

Going in, the ratings were 879,857,837(yours truly),828,828 and 780. In preparation I have been working on my putting the most.

I didn't let the bad holes get to me,just moved on. My unoffical ratings were 896,880,894 and 868. I have previously had similar round ratings,but they were usually followed by a low 800 round.

I played with 4 discs that I picked up in the marketplace, all that have served me well.

I hope this doesn't come across as bragging,but I was pretty excited and wanted to share.

Drivers-Valkyrie, Tl, Teebird, Leopard and Orc.
Mids- Core and Nebula
Putter- Rhyno- threw this for more throws than anything else in my bag.

You bagger. Move up to Men's open.

Just kidding. Great win and as was said before, shooting above your rating for all four rounds is amazing. Keep up the practice and winning could become a habit.

I wondered who would be the 1st...:wall:

Congratulations!

I wondered who would have the first post not related to the OP topic at all. Congratulations!

Seriously, Ashley the first win in a new division always feels good. I thought I was close on Sat to my first PDGA Open win but I could not close the deal. I guess I will just have to wait a little longer.

Thanks for all the congrats! I guess maybe I should step up,lol. I did beat 1 open player and 2 masters. After this weekend I think I really realized that it's not about being perfect. My mid game is what really was on point. I saved countless threes with a solid approach game.

My average drives were only 250-290 most of the time, although I did get a few out over 300.

i was going to comment i like the mid combo...nebula was my favorite for some time. a smaller sized mid that was stable and long. Core is great too.

Nice win! way to play up!

Good job. Looks like you also beat an open player by 3 strokes! Good to see that many women come out as well, it is great that the sport is growing.

Latest posts