• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

But I do really enjoy getting discs from the top and keeping 2 putters stashed in the bottom flap's zipper pocket. They fit snug but they fit.:thmbup:
Ditto :thmbup: I did this for a long time before going to the bottom. I'm currently using a different modded bag. If I go back to the XPG, I'll be stashing them back up top. I don't like the inverted U shape bottom with the flap tucked under. It caused discs to fall out. I always left mine hanging open or rolled up. Flap pocket is generally rendered useless either way.

I took a "L" shaped piece of plastic and made about a 1.5" lip that the cover goes over and then I tucked the rest of the cover under the pvc. I used a piece of a clear plastic shoe box. Completely solved the discs spitting out prob. Sewed the zippers to that height to help it stay in place. 10 minute/1 dollar fix.

I have had this Cabelas bag since Sept 2011, I have beat the living crap out of mine and it's finally busting/fraying.

It will last at least another year.
Not bad for 65 bucks total (after pvc frame and other adds). Wish cabelas hadn't discontinued these.

I have had this Cabelas bag since Sept 2011, I have beat the living crap out of mine and it's finally busting/fraying.

It will last at least another year.
Not bad for 65 bucks total (after pvc frame and other adds). Wish cabelas hadn't discontinued these.

I ended up blowing out the zippers on the front top putter pocket and top storage area. My wife then bought me a Golf Mahal for my birthday, so I gave my Cabella's to her and she patched it up - I suspect it'll be out there on the course for at least another year :)

My modifications to the big bag...

1_Whole+bag.jpg

3_Top+pouch+2.jpg

Close-up of large compartment...
2_Top+pouch+1.jpg

Frame in large compartment...
4_Inside+Frame.jpg

Availablity

Does anyone know where I can get this bag? I have searched all over the internet with no luck. I am willing to buy it either new or used, modified or not yet modified. Thanks for any help.

Heard to beat that set-up for about $50.

Made my own version of the bag for only $10. Went to my local Goodwill and found a nice backpack for $5 and then the PVC pipe went for about $5.

Ei616JZl.jpg

S9aBaUol.jpg

x9ufn7Ul.jpg

5Kb9ALkl.jpg

D9o1KYgl.jpg

Turned out excellent and I can fit plenty of extras in the bag!

Last edited:
Nice bag. SolidWorks is a good program.

WOW!!! Those are some LARGE pictures.

edit: much better, thank you

Last edited:
My Cabela's bag will be up for sale in the next few days. $30 shipped and will come with a frame. When I got the bag there was a defect with the zipper on the front of the frame(it wasn't sewn to the bag). I never got it fixed nor did I return it to Cabela's because if I did I might not have gotten a replacement bag since this was one of the last ones available. I planned on taking it to a seamstress to put a new zipper on but never did.

The reason why I am selling it is because I use a cart for the majority of my rounds and a front loading bag isn't the most efficient for my cart. I will be getting a top loading bag later today.

Yours is the smaller bag, yes? I am interested. Will you post pics of the bag and a close-up of the defect area?

Looks like one of the zippers to the bottom compartment (i.e. what most of us are using for primary disc storage). If so, there are two zippers for that (zips up from either direction).

FWIW - If one of mine broke, I wouldn't even fix it, I'd just use the other. HTo be honest, about the only time I zip it is when it's raining or to keep snow and debris out, and even then, I usually just zip it part way just to keep the flap kind of closed. For a while, I even had that flap tucked under all the disc, and never used either zipper at all.

Just sharing one owner's experience - bag's still going strong. :)

Last edited: