• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name and number on disc

I imagine the phone call being dropped the second they realize there is a dong on the other end of that phone call.

Most people text these days. That makes it super easy to manipulate

"Yeah I'll meet you at course X to get my disc in an hour"

*five minutes before your supposed to meet* "something came up but my boyfriend will be there"

Most people text these days. That makes it super easy to manipulate

"Yeah I'll meet you at course X to get my disc in an hour"

*five minutes before your supposed to meet* "something came up but my boyfriend will be there"

I picked "McKaylas" disc up at the bar, lol! They guy was pissed when I came in to get my "girlfriends" disc hahahaha

Why can't I just say my name is Sue? Momma always said I would have made a pretty girl.

More proof disc golfers suck at life.

They seriously will call or text a number of a girl on a disc vs a guy? (well obviously) but lulz.... So stupid

When i first started playing you know....water, grip lock, throwing like a frisbee hahaha

I've found the following hardly works, but I'm sure someone gets a good laugh. Plus it makes it real easy to spot my disc in someone else's hands

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you return my disc now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

xoxo Bryan Mills
###-###-####

Found a disc yesterday and called the number, the person was still on the course. Got the disc back to them.

We did that with a phone once. Called the last number, they called a friend that was in the group still playing the course.

This is seriously brilliant. Most innovative disc retrieval device since the golden retriever.

I am doing this to all of my discs. I think I am even going to have my girlfriend write her name so it looks more feminine.

Maybe have her dot the "i" with a heart or something. Hahaha

i just put: for a good time call XXX-XX-XXXX

or baby got back as of late.

at least on the discs that i want back should they get "lost"

I've heard of people doing this, and I suppose it's not a bad strategy. I'm horrible at lying so I would never attempt such a bold identity substitution. Plus, I'd be worried that someone would see that all of my discs have a girl's name on them and think that I'd stolen someone else's disc golf bag :\ How awkward would that explanation be?? ("No, I didn't steal these. The truth is that I lose so many discs, I've found it helpful to construct an imaginary owner whose gender is dissimilar from my own...")

I've found the following hardly works, but I'm sure someone gets a good laugh. Plus it makes it real easy to spot my disc in someone else's hands

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you return my disc now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

xoxo Bryan Mills
###-###-####

That is hilarious. Even if you never get any calls back, still worth it :thmbup:

Maybe have her dot the "i" with a heart or something. Hahaha

Yeah, or even get someone with "girly" handwriting to ink you discs for your. I know that if I tried to write a girl's name on my discs it would not be very convincing.

i just put: for a good time call XXX-XX-XXXX

...Is that a social security number?

I found a disc that said, "For a free Kombucha, come to Humm Kombucha".

I have to say, it was a rather tasty beverage. Not sure if a free drink was worth the 7000 mile round trip (more like 11,000 with disc golf detours) from Philly to Bend Oregon, but it was a damn tasty beverage and the dude got his disc back.

Man… you've lost 30 discs??

According to my disc organizer, I've lost 36 in the last 14 years. Most in large bodies of water, some spaced where they lay, a few in walls of thornage. More the last 5 years as I've got better, yet more daring, in my throws.