• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville Tennessee DG...

All sounds good. If the morning league is handicap though I may not be able to play? Not having a handicap and not being someone that'll be living there (well, not until June if I get the job) maybe its not the best plan? Any straight-up side-action during that league?

It should be fun. I'll be literally living out of my car for the weekend. Leaving work here Friday, arriving around midnight I hope, sleeping in my car - then hobo-showering so that I can be ready for the day-long interview process from 9a on into the afternoon. LOL. Hopefully I can find a good Panera or something to camp outside of and veg out on my laptop through the nights!
Hey Chris. I had the pleasure of meeting you when you got my son and I on at Redstone last year. If there is anything I can do to help you while you are here, just let me know. I've tried to keep the local events schedule updated on the tndiscgolf site listed above, but this will be my last year of doing that. Several guys try to hit up both on Sundays, so as long as you eat lunch on the road in between, you should be able to do them both.
Redstone? It may not have been me that you met, don't believe I've played a course called Redstone. :) I'll check out the tndiscgolf and other site listed tonight. In a rush now just trying to respond! Sounds good I can lunch-en-route or skip lunch altogether if I'm able to participate in the early handicap style league somehow.

Well without an established handicap how would they decide what I should be playing at? Would I be able to win anything, or would I just be paying in to establish a handicap that I won't be able to build on?

You would be playing as a scratch golfer. In all fairness, if you ever do good at this one they take away your strokes anyway and never give them back So you're in good company ;-)

Haha sounds good! Right now it looks like I'll also be golfing mid-afternoon or so on the 18th. Which of those two courses am I better of playing a warm-up on the day before, the one I'd be playing dubs on or the one I'd be playing singles on?

I would say Smyrna but that is because I am kind of bias to it.

So it looks like my plan is Seven Tokes in the morning (sounds like a good course name to me!), Smyrna in the afternoon. Day before will be whichever course is nearest my interview location, it is a high school "to be announced" as of this point in time. - So I'll post up which course I'm hitting once I find out where I'm interviewing. I'll likely be out of the interview process between 1pm and 3pm, so once I get the location I can figure out where I'll be throwing. (won't know if it'll be closer to 1pm or 3pm until the morning of, depends where in the afternoon my own one-on-one interview is).

I found out that I am interviewing within a mile or two of Seven Oaks. Looks like I'll be out there all afternoon on Saturday, as soon as my interview ends - until sundown. :) And then, unless I can find a hotel that allows people to crash out for free, sleeping in my car like a hobo!

Just checked the overnight lows. Not sure if I'll stick around to golf on Sunday, since I'm planning on doing the hobo thing in the car. One night in 20 degree temperatures might be about all I can handle. Bringing every single blanket I own. :)

If I could I would let you stay at my place but my place right now consist of the in-laws.

Cedar Hill and seven oaks are great courses. Whats the course by opryland? Is that one still in or have they fixed it. I played there years ago and always wondered why sometimes there was baskets and other times there wasnt.

Cedar Hill and seven oaks are great courses. Whats the course by opryland? Is that one still in or have they fixed it. I played there years ago and always wondered why sometimes there was baskets and other times there wasnt.

Two Rivers, and last time (the only time) last year it wasn't fixed.

Jeremy

So it looks like my plan is Seven Tokes in the morning (sounds like a good course name to me!), Smyrna in the afternoon. Day before will be whichever course is nearest my interview location, it is a high school "to be announced" as of this point in time. - So I'll post up which course I'm hitting once I find out where I'm interviewing. I'll likely be out of the interview process between 1pm and 3pm, so once I get the location I can figure out where I'll be throwing. (won't know if it'll be closer to 1pm or 3pm until the morning of, depends where in the afternoon my own one-on-one interview is).

A school teacher making drug references, better hope the school doesn't do its due diligence on you!

Two Rivers, and last time (the only time) last year it wasn't fixed.

Jeremy
I've mentioned on here before but 2 Rivers is fixed. I am going out there today to play as a matter of fact. A local pro replaced the stolen basket with his own money in fact. We've done a lot of work out there and next year a redesign is in the process.

Latest posts