• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Neat New Disc Caddy Product!

Maybe there is a niche for this kind of product in our market, I have no idea.

I agree that it could be useful in some sort of cart. Maybe in a homemade cart as a neat little Disc organizer. Or those hollow Zuca things.

Regardless, good luck.

I'd suggest adding padding to the back, a way to attach quad straps, and a module to carry personal items (wallet/cell/etc), water bottles and towels.

I'd suggest adding padding to the back, a way to attach quad straps, and a module to carry personal items (wallet/cell/etc), water bottles and towels.

So make it into a 10 year old Innova tournament bag?

Interesting. Looks nice for a few disc but wonder how it would do if someone wanted to take 12 or more discs??

As of now we have tested the Disc Caddy with 14 discs and it was quite ergonomical. In the future we plan to develop a backpack that holds discs in a similar manner as the Disc Caddy, except it will be able to hold more discs (20-30).

As of now we have tested the Disc Caddy with 14 discs and it was quite ergonomical. In the future we plan to develop a backpack that holds discs in a similar manner as the Disc Caddy, except it will be able to hold more discs (20-30).

Looks cheap and why not just use a towch, nutsac or small starter bag if you carry less than 10 discs....this market is already saturated. Each big manufacture has your basic needs covered. Also it looks like discs would fall out very easily and tip over. also no place for water bottle, keys, phone.

The benefits of our product are the following:

-Discs DO NOT fall out, you can hold the Disc Caddy upside down and even shake it and discs will stay in place due to constant compression exerted on them from the shock cords holding the Disc Caddy together

-The Disc Caddy is modular in nature and can hold anywhere from 1-14 discs currently. (Maybe more, but we have only tested it with 14.)

-Accessories are in development including but not limited to:
-A water proof zipper pouch for valuables
-A cooler that can hold up to 4 12 oz cans (integrates right into the Disc Caddy, you can
place it before, in the middle, or at the end of the Disc Caddy)
-Double cup holder attachment. (integrates right into the Disc Caddy, you can
place it before, in the middle, or at the end of the Disc Caddy)
-A bluetooth speaker/external battery for your phone. (This accessory replaces one of
the end plates, so that the speaker projects sound outward)

We appreciate your feedback greatly and are constantly trying to improve the design. Thank you for the feedback.

Looks uncomfortable. Who wants hard plastic with sharp(ish) edges bumping up against their waist for 18 holes? I'd much rather have a small nylon bag with some/no padding instead.

Thank you for the feedback! Currently we are planning to injection mold the Disc Caddy with a hard plastic for rigidity. When wearing a Disc Caddy, it sits sideways on our hip with the flat side of it up against your body. The plastic does not jut into your side at all. Additionally, the edges are all curved so that there are no pointy edges.

However, your post has inclined me to experiment with softer materials such as a rubberized plastic. Thank you!

This Product would be good to attach to a disc golf cart provided You can get a way to attach it to the Pole of the Cart.

Interesting idea! If funding is successful we plan to build the Disc Caddy into a line of products. I like your idea and will keep it in mind if we are successful! *fingers crossed*

*Disc lands in filth*

Towel time!

*No towel attachment*

Oh. Crap.

*Puts filthy disc in Disc Caddy*

*Gets covered in filth while you wear Disc Caddy*

*Adds towel attachment to list of accessories to be developed*...

Or should we integrate it in the basic model?

Thank you for the idea! We appreciate any feedback. :)

This was exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. I have like 8 discs in my putter/short approach pouch on my cart. Every once and a while I'll leave one behind on a casual round when I start unloading my putters at a basket. Having them slotted would reduce that.

But like others I'm not sure it looks any better quality than cheap starter bags.

This is definitely something we are going to look into.

As far as the quality goes, the final product will be MUCH higher quality than what can be seen in photos currently. Currently, there have only been prototypes made with 3D printers. The final product will be injection molded and way better looking.:)

Thank you for your feedback!

Discs held in compression will lose their natural shape, especially when it's hard plastic doing the compressing.

Honestly, this looks like something that aimed at newbs that don't know any better.

And what is your target price range?

Disc golf bags are a very competitive and saturated market and there have been a number of odd ball bags that have never made it. We know what we want and are only willing to pay so much for it.

I see this type of bag/carrier as a novelty with a lot of annoyance.

As far as the quality goes, the final product will be MUCH higher quality than what can be seen in photos currently. Currently, there have only been prototypes made with 3D printers. The final product will be injection molded and way better looking.:)
Come back when you're farther along. If you can raise $14,000 on the current design, I will be amazed.

Discs held in compression will lose their natural shape, especially when it's hard plastic doing the compressing.

Honestly, this looks like something that aimed at newbs that don't know any better.

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't see that as a positive really. Why not just make it stand up so when you put the bag down it doesn't tip over and spill discs? I'd be afraid of my discs warping from the pressure, as a guy who just leaves his discs in the bag all the time I'd tather have them loose.

Also these modular attachments come with the product, or do you have to buy them separately? Seems like unless you can get your price point way down, I'd be better off with the shift I already have. Holds all my discs snug enough without applying pressure, doesn't tip over, holds a nalgene, towel loop, zippered pockets, plenty of room for a 6 pack if it's that kind of round, and is very comfortable. Probably pretty close to the same price by the time all the modular attachments are bought.

Best of luck, but I think the idea needs quite a bit of refinement.

Latest posts