• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need your help with a short survey to get a new 18-hole course!

splatbaseball51

Gold level trusted reviewer
All,

Our local club is pushing for a new 18-hole course to be built in our county. We've had representatives at every town hall meeting thus far, so physical presence has been great. The county has expressed the need for our community of golfers to "come out in force" both physically and through an online questionnaire so that the folks who do the decision making know we mean business.

Please, if you can take 5-10 minutes to take this survey and express your desire to see disc golf grow one course stronger, we would really appreciate it! Please take the survey honestly as that will best represent the wants/needs of our DG community.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CRSB8SM

Thanks again!

Rodney
Roanoke Disc Golf Club

Please, just make sure the plot of land you're eyeballing is suitable, and relatively segregated from other activities. The responsibility shouldn't be on other park goers to be aware we're throwing discs. The responsibility should be on the course designers to ensure they're taking into account other park activities and established traffic patterns so as to avoid potential safety issues, even if that means the best layout is "we shouldn't put a course here." We don't want another Polliwog.

Call me "that guy," but I can't blindly* support putting in a course unless I know it's being done responsibly.

How about posting an aerial pic of the property you're planning to install the course on?

* pun not intended

Last edited:
Please, just make sure the plot of land you're eyeballing is suitable, and relatively segregated from other activities. The responsibility shouldn't be on other park goers to be aware we're throwing discs. The responsibility should be on the course designers to ensure they're taking into account other park activities and established traffic patterns so as to avoid potential safety issues, even if that means the best layout is "we shouldn't put a course here." We don't want another Polliwog.

Call me "that guy," but I can't blindly* support putting in a course unless I know it's being done responsibly.

How about posting an aerial pic of the property you're planning to install the course on?

* pun not intended

The park is made up of a total of 1100 acres so there is plenty of room to keep the course segregated from the other areas of the park.

Latest posts