• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

mobster said:
I pre-ordered one today.
placed an order yesterday about an hr after the email hit my inbox. gonna be sweet :mrgreen:

I know, all fledgling DG companies stay in busines for many years. No need to worry about them folding up shop and you ending up holding your back, and no warranty. /sarcasm :lol:

Pre-order finally in. Payday couldn't get here quick enough. I can't wait to get the bag and check it out in person.

Yeah, I'm holding off for a smaller one. Don't need more than 15 in the main compartment.

booter said:
he hasn't even released the big bag yet. I doubt the smaller one will be out any time soon.

^ this.

I don't really need room for 20, but extra space never hurt. If its empty space its not like it weighs more or anything. Besides, I like having a lot of extras for tourneys and practice, so it suits me fine. I actually just ordered a GB Spider Monkey as well for quick rounds. I can fit each individual mold that I have into it. I just like to double/triple up as much as I need for practicing.

Does anyone know anything about the "super-cool numbered Grip Equipment bamboo bag tag" that you get for pre-ordering?

not really. I was trying to sift through the pics on his page and through the bsf vid of valerie and nates bag that's filmed for a brief moment. No dice to my eyes. My guess it's a bag tag with their logo on it or something. It sounds cool so I wanna see it too! Actually. I'll just ask justin about it.

I saw a picture of it somewhere, but I can't find it now. It looked fairly large in the picture, but I think you can see in in the picture on the pre-order page (attached to a zipper or something maybe? I can't get to my email/link to verify it from where I am now), which makes it look a little small. It just looked like a piece of wood with the logo carved into it.

booter said:
My guess it's a bag tag with their logo on it or something. It sounds cool so I wanna see it too! Actually. I'll just ask justin about it.

You might be right. I know it's made of bamboo. Justin told me all about the fancy lazer printing process. Pictures of an early version are on Justin's fb.

ok heres a pic of what it could look like according to justin

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31121933&id=1517172310

he said they would be a little bit bigger and have a # instead of the word grip.

very nice tag none the less.

bag%20tag.jpg

These things need to hurry up and get here. I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii to be released.

I always want to buy a new bag but I do not need too. I would for surely support the local bag seller from wisconsin if I were to buy a new bag, but this bag does look very nice.

Eric O said:
These things need to hurry up and get here. I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii to be released.

Heh, you shoulda been on the Simian pre-order list, you ain't got nothin' on that yet. I was tempted to pre-order one of these but rationality took over, at least for a bit. I'm going to hold off for a little while, at least until more colors are offered.

rusch_bag said:
I always want to buy a new bag but I do not need too.
You're a stronger willed man than I am. I've gone through a Lightning Large, Carolina, Revo Mini, 2x Revo Deluxe Mini, and finally found a keeper for the past year with the Phenix Streamline. My brother has a GB Spider Monkey and a Chimp which I've sampled as well. I've also come close to pulling the trigger on both a Dual Pack and Simian, but they both look a little clunky and cumbersome for my tastes. The Streamline is set up about as good as it can be for a glorified box with some quads on it, but this Grip backpack looks to take it to the next level. The chair/umbrella vertical attachment points on the sides look particularly useful, and things like putter pockets and storage pockets appear to be well placed for easy access and good weight distribution.

some call me...tim? said:
Eric O said:

Heh, you shoulda been on the Simian pre-order list, you ain't got nothin' on that yet. I was tempted to pre-order one of these but rationality took over, at least for a bit. I'm going to hold off for a little while, at least until more colors are offered.
Rationality and I have parted ways when it comes to shiny new, bigger stronger faster stuff to hold my disc equipment. I'm actually more interested in the smaller capacity Grip bag, but who wants to wait that long. I figure if this one is too big I will get a smaller one down the line and my friends will have to have a deathmatch to see who gets to buy the full size one off me. Pretty soon when I go out golfing it will be hard to spot the guy who's not toting one of my old disc bags.

Eric O said:
Rationality and I have parted ways when it comes to shiny new, bigger stronger faster stuff to hold my disc equipment.

I find your honesty refreshing.

Latest posts