• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Maybe the Rufus is a Carlton without the side pockets and in one single color?

It sounded like they were trying to hit the $250 production bag and $300 custom bag price point.

$250 for a Carlton sounds real nice.

Yeah I feel like they really missed the mark on this one. At that price point I'm not really interested at all - and this was not long after having plans to order a custom

Keeping my fingers crossed for a pound bag similar to a UPD Pinch

$349 is for the Custom Carlton. . but sure, the Octo is only $50 more and it have the Insert included

The Rufus for under $199 sounds interesting

Yeah, kind of surprised to hear that the Carlton is about as much as an Octo. I was thinking it would be more like $250 stock or $300 for the custom. At $350 for the custom, they really aren't opening up any new parts of the market.

BUT, they do sell out of everything, so I guess they can set price points however they please.

Rufus under $199 is certainly going to make a Pound bag viable for more folks.
I wonder if that will be in the 8-10 disc range? Maybe similar to the UPD Focus? Those are neat little packs.

Yeah, kind of surprised to hear that the Carlton is about as much as an Octo. I was thinking it would be more like $250 stock or $300 for the custom. At $350 for the custom, they really aren't opening up any new parts of the market.

BUT, they do sell out of everything, so I guess they can set price points however they please.

Rufus under $199 is certainly going to make a Pound bag viable for more folks.
I wonder if that will be in the 8-10 disc range? Maybe similar to the UPD Focus? Those are neat little packs.

The focus is a laughable design in form and function in relation to Levi's proven bag design with mystery ranch and Pound. It really is horrible unfortunately, with all due respect

But I would love to see a 10-13 sized bag similar to c series but with Levi's ingenuity and style.

The focus is a laughable design in form and function in relation to Levi's proven bag design with mystery ranch and Pound. It really is horrible unfortunately, with all due respect

But I would love to see a 10-13 sized bag similar to c series but with Levi's ingenuity and style.

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

Heh, I'm not sure I'd agree with "horrible". The Focus is in an entirely different category for sure, and I wouldn't want one as my primary bag. But for fun rounds, bagging little park 9-holers and the like, Focus would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.

I think Levi is running out of options to go much smaller while remaining in the "flight plate perpendicular to back" storage style. C-series really pushes that concept to the limit. You can achieve such a lower profile when you start orienting the flight plates parallel to the carrier's back; I'd like to see what he could do with that style. Just my 2 cents, obviously.

Heh, I'm not sure I'd agree with "horrible". The Focus is in an entirely different category for sure, and I wouldn't want one as my primary bag. But for fun rounds, bagging little park 9-holers and the like, Focus would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.

Bingo. Not every course requires a full repertoire of assorted molds, not every player has the ability or the desire to carry over a dozen discs. They're far from horrible when you're on the second or third course of the day, humping it up and down hilly terrain.

I think Levi is running out of options to go much smaller while remaining in the "flight plate perpendicular to back" storage style. C-series really pushes that concept to the limit. You can achieve such a lower profile when you start orienting the flight plates parallel to the carrier's back; I'd like to see what he could do with that style. Just my 2 cents, obviously.
You lose all your storage capability and drink capability. The focus is ok when you're at a teepad with signs and peg hooks to hang it from. Every other consequent throw, or if a course doesn't have the aforementioned amenities, your laying your bag down in the dirt/mud/ground/wet etc either backside down which would in turn dirty you and your shirt or disc side down still laying your entire bag on the ground, I mean you want to get into what happens to the camelback situation when it's laying on the ground?. Itd be ok if you were using it as a caddy for someone else or if you were able to play with it on your back but that doesn't work neither. It's sold out, and I suspect it to never return again.
Bingo. Not every course requires a full repertoire of assorted molds, not every player has the ability or the desire to carry over a dozen discs. They're far from horrible when you're on the second or third course of the day, humping it up and down hilly terrain.
There's a plethora of better. I'm just saying The design is terrible for the intended use. Anyway I'm not sure who made the upd reference here, but I have to step in and speak up

Last edited:
Jeez, sounds like somebody has had a bad experience with the Focus :D
I'll take the blame; I initially mentioned the Focus as an example of a smaller capacity pack. Not the end-all-be-all, but something that is fairly ergonomic and breaks the paradigm of single shoulder strap (e.g. Fade Crunchbox).

The point about storage is spot on. For drink capacity, my buddy had his rigged up with a 1L hydration pouch and it seemed to work well. As far as setting the bag down in the mud, I mean I face the same issues with my Octo where the terrain is steep enough. (Addressed that earlier in this thread.)

Admittedly, I too scoffed at a camelbackish design until I used one. Rarely have I played a course without tee signs to hang them from, benches or concrete tees to keep them off the dirty ground. Worst case scenario, one could always bring an "s" hook or use a folding stool.

If Pound decided to design their own version of a camelbackish minimalist backpack, my bet would be that they'd sell out their inventory faster than you can say Guss Chiggins.

Admittedly, I too scoffed at a camelbackish design until I used one. Rarely have I played a course without tee signs to hang them from, benches or concrete tees to keep them off the dirty ground. Worst case scenario, one could always bring an "s" hook or use a folding stool.

If Pound decided to design their own version of a camelbackish minimalist backpack, my bet would be that they'd sell out their inventory faster than you can say Guss Chiggins.

I don't mind the integration of a camelback. But a bag not standing up has so many inherriant issues. And to piggyback off of that, yeah most courses have tee signs and benches. But what about your second and third shot per hole, those you'll be laying the bag down on the ground either back up or down, neither good options. So when laying it down I'd only assume that the mouthpiece is going to hit the ground. Or you place the bag discs down? The whole thing is weird as can be for a disc bag. Everyone hates when their bag tips over, right? Well the focus is meant to be used tipped over all the time lol

Anyway. Pound bags, pretty cool eh

Anyway. Pound bags, pretty cool eh

Amen!
/thread_drift

FWIW, the Hydrapaks that you can buy through the Pound website have a great mouthpiece cover. Not that I'd WANT to set mine down in the mud, but I think it would be well protected in 1/4-1/2" of mud before the actual mouthpiece got dirty at all.

I've gotten to the point where I never even close the hose valve, I just pop on the mouthpiece cover and that's good enough.

I sold all three of my Grip Bags. I'm currently using my Delta Cart. I borrowed my friends bag (Octothrope) for a couple rounds. I've decided to get a LB pound. I'm trying to carry 28 discs (6 putters, 6 mids, 16 drivers). Should I get a OctoHaul or Octothorpe?

I sold all three of my Grip Bags. I'm currently using my Delta Cart. I borrowed my friends bag (Octothrope) for a couple rounds. I've decided to get a LB pound. I'm trying to carry 28 discs (6 putters, 6 mids, 16 drivers). Should I get a OctoHaul or Octothorpe?

Get the Haul if you want to carry that many and have room for goodies, jackets, extra towels, etc.

Yeah. You could cram 28 discs in the Octothorpe, but you wouldn't have access to all of them all the time. They would fill up the side pockets and you wouldn't have space for much else.

Octohaul will allow you to have better access and carry more stuff in addition to the 28 discs.

Really wanted a new bigger bag to pair with my shift. I was between the rebel and the octo. The rebel production is seemingly on hold indefinitely so I'm not sure how long the wait would be. I didn't want to pay the extra for the custom so when the orange and charcoal sexto came out I couldn't resist. I caved and bought one with an extra insert and a toolbox. I'm really excited as I've had my eyes on the right octo for a year or two now.

I found it odd I had to pay so much for shipping after a $400 order, Guess I am spoiled with Amazon, DGC, and running warehouse. Also surprised it doesn't come with a rainfly at that price. I figured I would just not buy the rainfly as I rarely play in the rain anyway. Do you guys find the rainfly a must?

Really wanted a new bigger bag to pair with my shift. I was between the rebel and the octo. The rebel production is seemingly on hold indefinitely so I'm not sure how long the wait would be. I didn't want to pay the extra for the custom so when the orange and charcoal sexto came out I couldn't resist. I caved and bought one with an extra insert and a toolbox. I'm really excited as I've had my eyes on the right octo for a year or two now.

I found it odd I had to pay so much for shipping after a $400 order, Guess I am spoiled with Amazon, DGC, and running warehouse. Also surprised it doesn't come with a rainfly at that price. I figured I would just not buy the rainfly as I rarely play in the rain anyway. Do you guys find the rainfly a must?

Congrats on joining the club! All the money will be worth it. As for the rainfly, I wouldn't say it's a "must", but it is the best rainfly on the market and serves as further proof that Levi is a genius.

If you don't plan to play in the rain then rainfly is an unnecessary luxury at best. Even in light drizzle, the pocket flaps do a decent job of keeping the discs protected, and a good towel or 2 will help get you through most light weather events.

Here in Montana, the weather can change so fast that I have the rainfly in a side pocket pretty much full time. But, I know it's not like that everywhere.

Just curious, what's your plan for the extra insert? The new Octos come with 1 insert, which I use but it does eat up a lot of storage space in the lower side pocket. I would not want 2 inserts. (But, I also have an insulated tube that holds 2-3 beverage cans, that fits perfectly in the tall side pocket next to a rain jacket. So that kind of takes the place of an extra insert, I suppose.)

Aren't the zippers waterproof or at least water-resistant anyway? Since you'll only be golfing in rain when it sneaks up on oyu, it sounds like that would be sufficient for a fair weather golfer (I'm one too).

Latest posts