• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new Connecticut course?...

chucker81

hey folks,

When I lived in Michigan, I'm afraid I took the swarm of local courses for granted. Now I'm in Torrington, CT, and they're barely scattered throughout the state. :confused:

There's nothing in the NW corner. I really want to get something local happening, but I'm not quite sure where to start... short of 36+ acres of undeveloped city park property that's been untouched since 2004...

I'm meeting with Parks & Rec. next week to throw around some ideas, and I'd love to know of some nearby talent, should they be interested in a potential course...

Thanks!

northwest, how far away is norwalk and cranbury park?? seriously, the most beautiful course I've ever played!

NW Conn. is tough... good luck chucker!

check out nefa.com as well if you haven't already... I know there are cries for western MA development, so it sounds like that area is getting ready to make things happen.

I've yet to play Cranbury - looks great! - thanks for the recommendation.

Hoey - thanks for linking nefa.com!

I'll certainly post an update to any developments out here.

Yo Chucker;

there are some great courses within about a 1/2 hour drive from you; Page park in bristol is one of my favs and probably closest, you have Wickham a little further down the road from that, Panthorn in southington... there are also several New York state courses to the west of you.

def check out NEFA.com to get all the info, there are lots of leagues at each of these courses every week.

You're right, NW CT is a bit of a dead zone for disc golf but just outside of that there are a lot of cool courses and good locals. If you want to get your own course in the ground there, go for it! It's a ton of work but worth the effort. NW CT has some prime land with great topography for DG.