• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course in Southern California!

Man, I was so damned pumped for the back 9 and it did not disapoint.
Some longer holes here starting with #10 at 490'. OB ball greens, hillsides, cement and creek beds made for a challenging day.

6503613311_f827b47682_z.jpg

6503613189_8810d8d8c7_z.jpg

Throw, Snappy, Throw!

According to other disc golfers there, Verdugo is getting a great turnout especially at night. Very happy to have another quality 18 hole course here.

Man I wish this was closer to me. I am such a night person. I bet I would be there almost every night if it was.

Now we need to get Burbank to convert one of its hillside public courses.

And Griffith Park.

And Sepulveda Basin.

I will be there thursday night if anyone wants to play or have me bring any merchandise.

Evening for me, 6ish. I want to play a new course that day earlier and might try to play buckhorn in la canada flintridge or green community center depending on weather and snow levels.

^Buckhorn probably got over a foot of snow in this last storm...unless thats why you plan on going up there! It's on the back side of the mountain, too, which generally means the snow will stick around longer than what you can see from the city.

Does anybody know the story about why Green Valley went extinct for a while but is suddenly back? I always thought it disappeared because they didn't want people visiting the course. Its pretty random.

I will DEFINITELY be hitting that up - I'll be at my parents for a week this Christmas (they're in Pasadena). Guess what I'll be hitting up every night xD. Night disc golf just sounds sexy - I'm a little turned on.

Still loving verdugo. see you guys out there. I added a quite a few more photos from the tees.

Last edited:
I had a great time, I really should get peoples phone numbers. So if your a socal guy and want to swap phone numbers pm me so we can play some time. I got there at 6:05 and got just about two rounds in. Lights got turned off as I was walking to 18, but loved the course. I will be back for sure. Played Green Valley aswell and its like a smaller OG, not bad. I played with a few guys and the place is awesome. Definitely a new socal hot spot for disc golf.

I got in a couple rounds last night as well. Saw three different groups with dgcr guys. Good times when I get back from va.

Can anybody explain what is going on with tournaments over there? Dgcr lists mondays as weekly night, but when I was there on tuesday something was definitely going on. I hope if this place stays popular that they start limiting the field on weekly play....it really sucks taking 2 1/2 hours to finish a round because the course is suddenly occupied by a million slow groups of 5. Cough snappy cough ;)

Can anybody explain what is going on with tournaments over there? Dgcr lists mondays as weekly night, but when I was there on tuesday something was definitely going on. I hope if this place stays popular that they start limiting the field on weekly play....it really sucks taking 2 1/2 hours to finish a round because the course is suddenly occupied by a million slow groups of 5. Cough snappy cough ;)

I think because it rained on Monday, they held the weekly on Tuesday.

When I played, I breezed thru the rounds and the only time I ran into a group they let me go right thru. It was an awesome experience.

I can't find it on the search but it comes up on the map.

Heading there Tuesday (tomorrow morning) and then OG. Let me know what your schedule is.