• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DG Podcast

Agree with the sentiment on DGAM: I listen to hear about new discs and what's in the pipeline! I also enjoy Inside the Circle. My current DG podcast list:

- The Upshot
- Off the Fairway
- DGAM / Inside the Circle
- Final Round Radio
- Smashboxx

#ineedhelp

Smashboxx, Ultiworld, and Off the Fairway... All out with Worlds podcasts last night. Win!

Smashboxx, Ultiworld, and Off the Fairway... All out with Worlds podcasts last night. Win!

We were back with another one tonight, this time with Gregg Barsby as a guest:

http://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2016/08/11/upshot-worlds-day-3-recap-gregg-barsby/

We'll be LIVE tomorrow night and Saturday roughly 30 minutes to an hour after the final MPO putts drop. Be sure to check our social media for the live links, or tune in to the archived posts on the site. Thanks for listening!

Could someone do a writeup of each of the podcasts, something like: Name of podcast, length, breakdown of content.

I'm familiar with DGAM, the upshot and Disc Golf Observer and a bit of Zen Disc Golf

I can give you a breakdown of the SmashBoxxTV podcast (I am a host). First thing to know... we are a LONG podcast. So, take that for what it is. I will give a quick breakdown of the flow of our show.

1. 5-10 minutes of chatter at the beginning, catchup stuff and how we are doing.
2. 20-30 minutes of event updates with Dana Vicich
3. 45 minute interview with guest. (maybe longer?)
4. 30-60 minutes of news, social media, & DG rants.
EXTRAS: During the normal year we have a segment with Paul Ulibarri where we make picks on upcoming events. Could last 20 minutes or so. And sometimes we have a segment with Zoe Andyke about women's disc golf.

2017 we will be adding a few very short segments into our show. 1-3 minute videos. We debuted a "product review" section with a guy called Disc Golf Nerd. He talked about the Westside Queen this week.

Aftershow podcast. 30-60 minutes of "After Show" which we talk about whatever we want. Not always DG related. This is why we release it as a separate podcast later in the week. Not everyone wants to hear us blabber. But lots of times pros will join us just to talk about non-dg stuff. This week we had a 2 hour talk with Jeremy Koling. A few weeks ago Paul McBeth joined us and just chatted and answered questions from our live chat room.

Search for us under SmashBoxxTV in your podcasting app. Or join us live every Tuesday night at 9pm CST on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/smashboxxtv/live

Thanks guys! We're hoping to pod a bit more consistently this season. Appreciate the support!

Listened to it at work yesterday, you guys are great! Actually bringing some journalistic professionalism to the game and not fanboyism. You guys and FRR are killing it!

Its great to have a thread about all the podcasts.

I LOVE Final round, but they need a bit more help with sound quality/volume sometimes. A great fanboy/inside ball show. Have a DG shop owner talk, and super fan body disc gold network, and super loud and very proud and spitting good sound Host man is a fun combo. I hope for growth and improvement cause they something super special. They have in my opinion the best interviews with the pros. Go find the one with Ken Climo or one of the ones with Barry. Really top episodes.

Bobby Brown really slings that plastic! His media personality is such a nice, honest, normal feeling guy that it really works. DD did a great job growing that brand with him. He promotes in such a positive way you just want to join in.

I can't handle the length of smashboxx, but I appreciate that others like it. all the looseness is just too much for me, but do what you love..

Upshot has been good and interesting for a while. I think they recognized that the format they do was missing and filled a niche. More newsy and quick, feels less like guys hanging and more like a weekly magazine news shown. Great stuff, I hope they stick to the format. DG journalism. The tightness of the episodes shows that they have a format and stick to it.

Latest posts