• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discatcher chains

Geremy

I'm helping to redesign Woodsboro DGC and that has put me in contact with Innova to get more baskets. I informed him that our existing chains were beginning to rust. Apparently there was a bad batch that went out in 2008 so they are going to give us brand new chains to put on. Not only that, but they are also going to send 20 discs to help pay the volunteers for their work!

This may be common knowledge, not sure. But I just wanted to share my experience with all of you guys!

I've heard of this from others too. I have 4 of them and they are rusting. I replaced chain on one of my old ones myself. I wonder if they'll send new chains my way since I didn't buy direct from Innova. Was the original order of your courses baskets through Innova? Did you send them pics of the rusting chains or send them back to them?

I've heard of this from others too. I have 4 of them and they are rusting. I replaced chain on one of my old ones myself. I wonder if they'll send new chains my way since I didn't buy direct from Innova. Was the original order of your courses baskets through Innova? Did you send them pics of the rusting chains or send them back to them?

I wasn't the one who placed the original order so I can't answer that, but I did not have to provide a proof of purchase.

I told Innova the course name, year it was installed and sent them a few pics. They aren't requiring us to send back the chains so we are all pretty stoked about that.

Damn.... good for Innova. That is some damn good service. Wonder what Salient would do in a similar situation.

I have had nothing but stellar customer service from Innova. It's always been for plastic, not baskets, but they have been the best manufacturer I've dealt with.

If I remember correctly, INNOVA identified a flaw in a whole lot of chains from some manufacturer around 2006. They are very good about sending you replacement sets, a tool to help with the S-hooks, and even some discs in exchange for your time.