• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Distance Record?

kutz167

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
I found a video in which Avery Jenkins crushes a drive for well over a mile... It is way longer than David Wiggins' paltry 255m...

Drop a floater in the ocean with contact info on it. See where it ends up and claim longest distance drive. I can see the threads that would pop up now...if I find a disc that floats up on the beach do I have to call the number or can I just keep it?

Haha that wouldn't be flying through the air for over a mile, now would it? It's okay for us mere mortals to admit we're jealous that we can't throw for over a mile like Avery can.

well i dont see it measured, it looked more like littering

I can't help but wonder if he hit a squirrel or other small woodland creature in the trees there... Poor squirrel.

i wonder if he complained about the trees it hit when it got the ground.

I wouldn't have such a problem with the thrower "littering" if the thrower wasn't Avery Jenkins, who is an ambassador for our game.

All of us collectively do far worse to the environment as a whole, just playing disc golf every day.

yes it is littering, but we seem very sensitive about it as a forum. This little bit of littering is getting press for the sport. besidies maybe some Racoon will get a drink out of it, or some hiker will find it and know what it is....or start a "I found your disc thread"

yes it is littering, but we seem very sensitive about it as a forum. This little bit of littering is getting press for the sport. besidies maybe some Racoon will get a drink out of it, or some hiker will find it and know what it is....or start a "I found your disc thread"

I'm sensitive about it because most littering isn't done in this fashion: "look at how cool I am", which will encourage other people to see how far they can toss a piece of plastic off a cliff.

I could care less about press for the sport.... especially since I doubt many who didn't already know about DG have been exposed to this video

I'm sensitive about it because most littering isn't done in this fashion: "look at how cool I am", which will encourage other people to see how far they can toss a piece of plastic off a cliff.

I could care less about press for the sport.... especially since I doubt many who didn't already know about DG have been exposed to this video

people have been throwing frisbees off summits for 40+ years. It doesn't take a youtube video for people to think/copy doing it.

not the first and certainly not the last.

*excitedly jumps in car and heads to mountains so he can be like avery jenkins*

:eek:

If all it takes is a video to "encourage" others to do it then it should be a huge problem. We should be seeing signs with Smoky the Bear saying "Only you can prevent Katana fires" and "Don't let your disc turn and burn", there isn't and we don't..... There has to be 100 videos from years and years back with guys doing this very thing. Nothing new here, move along.....

not the first and certainly not the last.

*excitedly jumps in car and heads to mountains so he can be like avery jenkins*

:eek:

Just go out in the yard and throw your plastic into trees and complain about it, save the gas........:D