• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] New Driver for Hyzer Flip

Good description. I will add that it is the easiest way, for me at least, to throw straight. Throw something understable with very little fade (DX leopards are my favorite for this) on a hyzer, the turn will flip it up to flat, and it will just ride straight with a forward fade. The hyzer flip is how I tackle every straight tunnel shot.

It also naturally keeps your nose angle down, when it turns up to flat the nose naturally drops. Probably another reason why it helps in situations with a ceiling.

It also naturally keeps your nose angle down, when it turns up to flat the nose naturally drops. Probably another reason why it helps in situations with a ceiling.

I have found this to hold pretty true. On a long hyzer flip it seems like the disc rises until the flip then gradually descends with the added glide.

- Hyzerflips are ideal for shots requiring a late turn. Throwing anhyzer causes a disc to start turning much earlier than throwing a super flippy disc on a hyzerflip.

- A hyzerflip will give you an easy boost in controllable distance. I find it much easier to throw a slightly understable disc on a hyzer, and let it flip to flat but not past for long control shots like you see at 0:27 and 7:14 of the video I posted earlier.

- Hyzerflips are also great for achieving max distance when you let the disc flip past flat.

- Hyzerflip is good for hitting tight gaps. It is much easier to hit a gap throwing on a hyzer than throwing flat. The hyzerflip will give you the ease of hitting the gap, combined with the ability to fly straight or to the right.

Last edited:
Hyzerflip is a must have shot for me right now , after having it then losing it , I added about 3-4 strokes on my game that I had off for about 2 months at our local course. It sucks lol

Latest posts