• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] New Driver for Hyzer Flip

Nightwalk25

In the past few months ive been LOVING my underworlds for hyzer flip. However both of them I have now are too beat up to really rely on that nice flip up or even turn over some and then come back. I think its a two part issue. I think my form is better and I have a little bit more arm.

I actually have an insanely accurate distance I was throwing these ~320-333' on average (no step)(no winds).

So I am looking for some suggestions for a really good hyzer flip disc. Down below are some that ive bought to try

Sline TD2
Star Roadrunner
Fury
Amp
Nuke SS
TP Sword

So far the sword made it into my bag thing is honestly the best slow fade left driver I have my bag, sometime I can hit 350 with that (rare 1 out of 10 throws) The Amp is just way too flippy no matter how I throw it , Roadrunner same thing. The TD2 is nice, but its super touchy to wind so I need something between a Underworld and a TD2 for hyzer flip..... any suggestions ?

There's no such thing as a disc that's "way too flippy."
With you arm, the Volt should be perfect for hyzer flips to straight, with a predictable fade at the end.

S-TD

edit: oops, didn't notice between underworld and TD2 part. Still recommend trying an S-TD, though.

Last edited:
S-TD

edit: oops, didn't notice between underworld and TD2 part. Still recommend trying an S-TD, though.

I have been eye balling one of these , I might try it.

Valkyrie^
Leopard for short range/woods drives
River/Roadrunner/Mamba... lots of good choices.

Not to rube you, but this was just on page 2, so it's recent with some good suggestions:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90217

I actually have 2 DX leopards I throw , one is 159 works great for right hook that turns into a roller, and a 171 thats just a fully right disc thats never coming back. I have 2 rivers a opto river (new stamp) and a GL river. I have used them a TON for shots that go straight, then right 10-20 feet then back left 10 feet or so. I haven't been able to hyzer flip them 100% of the time yet but it was a thought. Roadrunner turns and burns on me and mamba same deal. I have both one Star one Champ.

There's no such thing as a disc that's "way too flippy."
With you arm, the Volt should be perfect for hyzer flips to straight, with a predictable fade at the end.

I have a volt and I keep it in my bag for about every non drive I throw. We have a few holes that are 500ish feet that I really need 2 solid throws to par those holes. My 169 volt flys straight as an arrow then at the end just a little left fade. I have never had it turn over unless I put anni on it

Is that a tournament underworld or the more durable slighty more stable vip? Also, 325' stand still is really good.:thmbup:

I have a TP 171 and a VIP 169. I will say the VIP lasted longer being hyzer flip than the tournment one. However its to the point now they just turn so hard right I took them out of my bag. Also thanks for the compliment! I just started playing in September of last year and I played all winter so it wasn't a good time to take a step on Michigan snow tee pads. Then about 2 months ago I hurt my ankle pretty bad so I just kept with the stand still. i actually took Tposts out in my yard and marked it 50' per all the way to 400 feet. I have yet to see one come anywhere near the 400' one. I have had a few skip to the 350' one though tho.

I went sorta disc crazy after spring came this year. I have 72 discs atm :) So i have access to a lot of stuff!

How in the world are you beating in your vip underworlds? I've been throwing mine since it came out and I can hardly put a scratch on the thing.

A good nice and tuned Valkyrie will do the trick.

I used a Valkyrie for years as my main Hyzerflip disc. It was fun all the lines I could pull with that thing.

I may still go back to it though,but for now I'm gonna keep trying this new stuff out.

So I am thinking about getting a valk , What plastic / Weight? I find that star plastic with my other discs is WAY more stable than say DX.

Can someone explain the purpose of a hyzer flip to me? I don't think I've actually seen one so I don't really know what it's for.

You are basically using the hyzer flip for two reasons:

To gain distance. The disc will travel farther as it flips to flat, turns over, then fades back at the end.

To avoid obstacles. A nice "S" curve, achieved by the hyzer-flip is very useful on certain holes. Mike C has a video of an ace he got with a Volt on a hyzer flip. It's a thing of beauty.

Edit: I was just trying to find Mike's video. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But, you can see several hyzer flips in his videos.

Last edited:
Nice drive Hammer. I love watching those sweeping S lines. How far was that, roughly?

You are basically using the hyzer flip for two reasons:

To gain distance. The disc will travel farther as it flips to flat, turns over, then fades back at the end.

To avoid obstacles. A nice "S" curve, achieved by the hyzer-flip is very useful on certain holes. Mike C has a video of an ace he got with a Volt on a hyzer flip. It's a thing of beauty.

Edit: I was just trying to find Mike's video. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But, you can see several hyzer flips in his videos.

Good description. I will add that it is the easiest way, for me at least, to throw straight. Throw something understable with very little fade (DX leopards are my favorite for this) on a hyzer, the turn will flip it up to flat, and it will just ride straight with a forward fade. The hyzer flip is how I tackle every straight tunnel shot.

I wish I could throw as far as some of you guys.

I don't have enough meat on my bones for that. lol

That's why I'm a machine when it comes to approach shots and putting. :thmbup:

Meat on bones? McBeast and Nikko are both at MOST 5'8 and skinny and they freaking BOMB. Distance has a lot less bearing on physical stature than a lot of people think.

Latest posts