• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Dynamic Discs Backpack Bag - Spring '16 Release

Guessing some people like top loading over front loading, yet still want the better backpack ergonomics.

I'm just not sure that this style actually has the ergonomic benefits. And I think it's ugly.

I get the appeal in general of a top loader backpack. The golf Mahal is def a great rig.

I'm just not sure that this style actually has the ergonomic benefits. And I think it's ugly.

I get the appeal in general of a top loader backpack. The golf Mahal is def a great rig.

The discs are still all in the bottom with a front loading backpack like the Grip or Ranger. Having carried a Mahal for a good while, I think you can have top loading and good backpack carrying support. But no putters up top is a bummer.

aljgo9.jpg

I agree with drb top loading is tits. Soooo much more user friendly. Now that I own a Mahal I can't / won't go back to front load.

Just listened to the last DGAM podcast as suggested to hear about the new bags. McCabe said that they are releaseing two new styles of backpack bags for the lower price range demographic. The one that I posted is called The Commander and will be $120 and have two drink holders among other things (cup holders was just what he mentioned). The second backpack bag that will be released is called the Sniper if I remember correctly and it will be cheaper than the Commander. Both still in prototype phase.

What minute was this at and is it episode 98

This is similar to what I have envisioned for a disc golf bag. I am very impressed with the quality and comfort of the Grip and other bags, but when I reach into a buddy's bag to grab a disc I just cant buy into the front loader design. If you have those bags packed they are hard to get a disc in and out of and even harder to find what you need (although most people know their disc by color/shape).

the Upper Parks bags look like they are somewhere in the middle, but I have not seen one in person

Some of the other back pack top loaders are just too bulky for me. I just want something high quality like a Grip that has some additional engineering in the frame that extends out the main compartment and changes the angle so the discs are more "accessible" - maybe not 100% top loader like this, but not on a vertical plane.

This bag is almost on point, but looks like lighter/cheaper material and I've seen how the Ranger holds up already, so I'm not interested.

This is similar to what I have envisioned for a disc golf bag. I am very impressed with the quality and comfort of the Grip and other bags, but when I reach into a buddy's bag to grab a disc I just cant buy into the front loader design. If you have those bags packed they are hard to get a disc in and out of and even harder to find what you need (although most people know their disc by color/shape).

the Upper Parks bags look like they are somewhere in the middle, but I have not seen one in person

Some of the other back pack top loaders are just too bulky for me. I just want something high quality like a Grip that has some additional engineering in the frame that extends out the main compartment and changes the angle so the discs are more "accessible" - maybe not 100% top loader like this, but not on a vertical plane.

This bag is almost on point, but looks like lighter/cheaper material and I've seen how the Ranger holds up already, so I'm not interested.

Hate to thread jack, but look into the Flak X. Maybe not quite the build quality of a Grip, but sounds exactly like what you would like.

As for this bag, if it ends up being a cheaper price point, it is only good for the consumer. Until recently, there was a gap between the near $200 bags and the around $75 bags. Consumer choice is generally always a good thing. Of course everything should be wait and see until consumers can actually get there hands on these and put them to the test, but it looks like it could be a decent bag.

If I did not already have a Rebel, I'd be buying this bag. That type of design makes a backpack much more user friendly.

I think it's odd that their drink holders on the sides are raised up on these bags rather than at the bottom like most bags. Whether or not that putts unnessisary strain on the seams or causes bag sag or side pitch is something Ill be interested in hearing from bag reviewers. Maybe it's just an optical illusion, can't tell by the photos I've been seeing

I think they are higher. I think the strain will be the same. I think it's to keep that part off of wet/muddy ground.

As a commander fan I am excited about this. But if the Ranger 2.0 has a built in seat.....well, Make a built in seat is what I'm saying

Looks really nice. I do see some merit in those that think it is just a Soldier/commander with side walls and a couple added pockets. I wonder why bags like this do not utilize that vertical space above the discs more. But, I'm guessing it is 100 times more comfortable than soldier type bags. And overall all, I think it looks pretty sweet.
Personally, I'd still go Shift for the same price range but that is because it does a nice job using both vertical and horizontal space to keep the bag as compact as possible. If I was a bigger dude, something like this would be perfect.

Also, is that a little space, behind the discs and up against your back, to shove items into? Probably not but would be cool.

Last edited: