• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] NEW DYNAMIC DISCS FOR 2015

That's cool...I throw mine 300' normally and consider the verdict OS. It's not drone OS but it is same/more OS than the Buzzz OS, Hornet, Pain, M1, Vector... All of which I consider the same or less stable than both my verdicts... And all of which are considered overstable...soooo...

If you think the verdict is more overstable than the buzzz os... You need a helmet.

Dummies that include Dynamic Discs themselves, apparently.

Dynamic-Discs-Lucid-Verdict.png

If it really is overstable, why would they be releasing an "os mid"? Your logic does not compute.

If you think the verdict is more overstable than the buzzz os... You need a helmet.

Using a neutral comparison site like Inbounds, the Verdict and Buzzz OS are rated pretty similarly.

Buzzz OS 294' 0% HST 55% LSF
Verdict 289' 0% HST 60% LSF

I read that as the Verdict being very slightly more overstable than the Buzzz OS. Probably too close to really call, so it probably depends on the thrower and his form/speed/snap/etc which one fits the bill.

If it really is overstable, why would they be releasing an "os mid"? Your logic does not compute.

My logic? I'm merely pointing out that the company that makes the disc classifies it as overstable. And why would that prevent them from releasing another overstable mid if that's what they want to do? They're not limited to one, after all.

Understability, stability, and overstability are all relative. If you find the Verdict flies stable for you, fine. Just means your throwing style/strength puts you more on the OS side of the spectrum with regard to disc choices.

Obviously this guy throws his mids 400'+ or had a tremendous amount of OAT. And OS means it has to have positive HSS? So are you trying to tell me the Enforcer is not an OS driver? I guess in order for something to be overstable it has to hook up and go to the ground the second it leaves your hand. You're cracking me up man.

:confused:

well this thread is off to a nice start.

DD is filling up some of the best gaps in their lineups with these. Should be a big year for them along with the basket line and DG shoe release. Spring releases and the GBO are going to be great months.

Not a new disc thread without some good old fashioned dong measuring.

I suppose so. Gotta meet a certain DGCR standard of shenanigans. Just seems like it would make more sense to argue over the new molds than a mold that has already been out a while.

Anything that doesn't fly completely straight could be called overstable. It's always going to vary depending on the style and power or the person doing the throwing. So who cares what you call a verdict. DD calls it overstable and most others do too. Doesn't mean it's the most OS mid they will make and this press release makes that obvious. They want to fill the really OS mid slot in 2015. So rejoice.

A Truth spec and feel with -1 to 1.5 turn. A Verdict with a bigger harder fade. I would buy both.

An Escape Pro = Thunderbird in Lucid. A Tern in Lucid.

Done and done.

Obviously this guy throws his mids 400'+ or had a tremendous amount of OAT. And OS means it has to have positive HSS? So are you trying to tell me the Enforcer is not an OS driver? I guess in order for something to be overstable it has to hook up and go to the ground the second it leaves your hand. You're cracking me up man.

Enforcer is a 0.5 HSS you clown

If a Verdict doesn't exhibit positive hss then there's something wrong with it or the chucker is a torque monkey. I'm thinking they'll come out with an overstable mid with more fade. Curious about the US one, too. Lots of competition there already so it better be noteworthy. Pretty solid line of discs from DD the last couple years...earned some spots in my bag.

Did you even click the link I provided that lead directly to the inbounds page comparing the Buzzz OS to the Verdict?

Are you 12 or something? lollolol

I did not click the link because I have thrown both and the buzzz os is is beefier. I base my opinions off personal experience. Try it sometime.

If a Verdict doesn't exhibit positive hss then there's something wrong with it or the chucker is a torque monkey. I'm thinking they'll come out with an overstable mid with more fade. Curious about the US one, too. Lots of competition there already so it better be noteworthy. Pretty solid line of discs from DD the last couple years...earned some spots in my bag.

I'm very curious about their US mid. I've been through so many this year, and none have stuck. I use a beat Fuzion Fugitive as my US mid.

To comment on the whole OS mid debate:
Dynamic is very inconsistent plastic wise. So Fuzion Truths turn, beat Lucid Truths turn. Moonshine truths are pretty stable. Fluid Truths, are pretty flippy. I bag 4 Truths, they all fly differently, but my 180 moonshine is pretty stable. The Verdict IS an OS mid. But it terms of other OS mids, it's more like a Hornet. It feels like a Truth, and I think it is just made to be the compliment to the Truth which it is. I think their new one will be more like a Drone, where the Verdict is more like a Hornet.

To comment on the whole OS mid debate:
Dynamic is very inconsistent plastic wise. So Fuzion Truths turn, beat Lucid Truths turn. Moonshine truths are pretty stable. Fluid Truths, are pretty flippy. I bag 4 Truths, they all fly differently, but my 180 moonshine is pretty stable. The Verdict IS an OS mid. But it terms of other OS mids, it's more like a Hornet. It feels like a Truth, and I think it is just made to be the compliment to the Truth which it is. I think their new one will be more like a Drone, where the Verdict is more like a Hornet.

Well DD doesn't manufacture the discs it's Lat64 so they can't really control differences in plastic but it's no different than every single maker in the business. I mean you don't buy a Pro Destroyer hoping it flies just like your champ and star destroyers right? The truth though is one I'd say is pretty close in consistency. I mean there is variation but it's more about PLH like usual than plastic.

I own probably 50 truths by now...:eek: that's not a brag or anything that's actually a problem. I had a phase I bought up any pretty truth I saw. They've got variations but all of them fly pretty much close. I've got first run lucids that are slightly OS, stable, and slightly US. I've got bio truths that are mostly stable. Moonshine and fuzion mostly all stable. Dyemax fuzions stable to slightly OS. Heck probably the most OS truth I have is a concave 158g lucid air truth. Then you got the flat and OS classic truths. Any of them though you can bag and get that same little spectrum of lines covered. I'd put them just behind a Buzzz for consistency across the plastics. More consistent than the wide variety of Rocs you can own. Oh and I forgot fluid. My fluid truths are right about where the lucids are. Mostly stable maybe a little turn if you crank on them some. Stays straight or hyzered if you give it enough hyzer.

No clue about this new US mid. I'll ask around if I can remember. I would lean more toward the truth or tursas style of rim and not the fuse or fugitive style. Just because I think more of those discs are asked for and most of the DD sponsored players preferred the buzzz SS or meteor for a turnover mid and I don't see a beaded roc style mid being the way they go. Maybe.

Latest posts