• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] NEW DYNAMIC DISCS FOR 2015

Trilogy is the marketing angle. They're separate companies, but it's all Lat64. Without Latitude, the others wouldn't exist...or at least not the same way. I'm not sure how likely it would be for the other three major players to private label any more brands than they do now.

A lot of people seem to equate high fade with the definition of overstability, but that's not it. While overstable discs do often tend to have heavier fade, it's really about the resistance to high speed turn, and keeping that resistance at the rated level of speed/power. Most discs with a hss rating of 0 will still turn given enough power or a decent headwind or a crosswind from the fade side, and many will just barely flex out of an anny release. That's what kind of unique about the Verdict to me...it has some honest to goodness 0 overstability but doesn't have a huge dumping fade. So far the Tensor seems to be the only other mid that has that combination. There are times where the Verdict isn't quite enough, so I can see the need for them to have a big dumper like a Drone in their lineup.

It's been kinda neat to watch Lat64 grow as large as they have over the last several years and start to mature as an established disc manufacturer. Adding the Westside and DD lines was smart and it'll be exciting to see what they keep coming up with. They sure upped the game for everyone else and we're all benefiting from that with improved or new molds, way nicer plastics, all that jazz. Surely needed it to get out of the sort of stagnant place Innova held the game in (which is weird to say because they brought out umpteen drivers, but it was still sorta stagnant in a way).

Last edited:
That'd be sweet. I'd even take an M5 style. I like the way that felt, just wasn't the right disc for me.
I went through Fuse, Tursas, M5, Flying Squirrel, Pearl, and Meteor. Couldn't get a feel for any of them. So I just flip my Fuzion Fugituve.

Makes me happy though. Just a few weeks ago I was asking DD to come out with these discs.
It's a silly thing, but I'd like to be solely dynamic in my set up. Although I have a long list of head to heads I'm going to do next time I do field work, so it could change. But I'm loving the DD setup right now.

Surely needed it to get out of the sort of stagnant place Innova held the game in (which is weird to say because they brought out umpteen drivers, but it was still sorta stagnant in a way).

I started with Innova, and I am very new, so it's been fun for me to branch out. I didn't plan on throwing all Dynamic, but that's just how it ended up. Although Innova hit a home run with the Thunderbird. Love that disc. Hoping the Convict is even better.

Here are the names via the email mentioned by the OP:
"2015*is going to bring you an additional four models from the Dynamic Discs lineup. Please get ready to welcome the*Justice*(overstable midrange),*Evidence(understable midrange),*Convict*(stable fairway driver), and*Breakout*(understable driver). We look forward to improving your game by offering an even more diverse lineup than ever before."

I essentially converted over to all trilogy but two exceptions that currently make it impossible to completely crossover; the TeeBird and Gazelle. I can fake it with a fresh VIP Stag in the place of a seasoned TeeBird, but there is nothing close to a Gazelle. I can maybe stretch out a Truth, but then I run the risk of overextending and allowing bad form to sneak in; driving with a mid is different than driving with a driver.

So, if they came out with a slow fairway driver that is super stable at high speed with minimal to non-existent fade, I will jump all over it. Until then, thankfully I have 7 Star Gazelles stockpiled.

Really DD doesn't have any true (in my opinion) fairway drivers. I am just like you, my Leopard is not replaceable with their current lineup. I don't like over stretching my mids. Hopefully we will see more 1.6 to 1.7 cm rims and less 1.9 to 2.0 cm.

Really DD doesn't have any true (in my opinion) fairway drivers. I am just like you, my Leopard is not replaceable with their current lineup. I don't like over stretching my mids. Hopefully we will see more 1.6 to 1.7 cm rims and less 1.9 to 2.0 cm.

If I lose my champ leo, I will be a sad man. I bought it thinking it would be understable. Was disappointed at first, then realized it is wonderful as it is. Dead straight with a tiny hook at the end. The Leopard rules the forest.

Rim width is the exact issue I am having right now. As it gets colder and blah blah blah, I have a harder and harder time generating any snap on wider discs. In general I will not even throw anything 2.2 or higher anymore, even during the summer.

Yesterday I had a complete failure trying to throw a Boatman. For me it is really a niche disc, something that needs a ton of snap because it is supposed to be low to the ground, remains straight throughout its flight, both its hss and lss will keep it from doing something stupid, and then it will have a strong finish. Mainly it is supposed to stay under tree branches and finish strong. When I do not generate snap, either it comes out super hyzer because of bad wrist angle or goes way right because of a griplock. I am going to pull the Boatmans out and look into replacing them with the Saint Pro which is a considerably narrower rim.

I tried to fake the shot with my Gazelles after a while because I could not trust the Boatman, but the Gazelle did what it was supposed to do, fly straight with no fade. Thankfully the lake was frozen and we were playing winter rules.

Not sure why people think this. Same with metal flake. I havent found much consistnency in this theory

Totally agree in regards to Moonshine. There is definitely no consistency. A month ago on the Facebook groups people were touting how stable to overstable Moonshine Truths are and I could not help but laugh and laugh. I have over 20 Truths in all of the plastics, and for me it easily goes:

BioFuzion > Lucid > DyeMax Fuzion > Frost > Fuzion > Moonshine

The 10+ BioFuzions I have are very consistent from run to run and are almost like broken in Verdicts. I have had 4+ Lucids and while they are not as long as the BioFuzions, they are almost as stable. The one Frost I have will hold a line to the ground, but it does not handle power well. I will not be purchasing more of those. The Fuzions have the mildest of flips and are still workable in their own right. I gave up on them because I do not want Truths to flip. The DyeMax I have, however, I will continue to work with because it is part of a set I purchased last month. The Moonshine, regrettably, is fliptastic and reminds me a lot of my Meteors. There are no similarities whatsoever with my BioFuzions and Moonshine.

Yet I have only one Moonshine, so the sample size is very limited. So I am more than willing to chalk it up to an inconsistent mold versus trying to argue with people I do not know and may or may not have the power I have.

However to that, I have the exact same experiences with all the different plastics I have in Trespasses. My experiences in regards to stability are the same as I listed above. The ONLY difference between the Truth and Trespass observations is that while the Moonshine Truth is literally unthrowable (unless I treat it like a Meteor of Fuse), I still have some control over the Moonshine Trespass where an adjustment in wrist angle will bring it back from flipping over.

I lost my bio Truth at Selah. Got a Lucid to replace it. It's almost a different model. I could not turn that bio. I turn the Lucid easily.

Weight is a big factor too, My Fuzion Truth at 179 has more beef then the 174 Lucid.

You guys seeing this too?

Weight is a big factor too, My Fuzion Truth at 179 has more beef then the 174 Lucid.

Generally almost everything I throw in regards to the Truth is 177 or heavier. I do have one 167g BioFuzion Truth and even that is more stable than my Fuzions and Moonshine. That is at least until it is powered up to maximum, then it gets a little squirrelly.

This is exactly what I have and been wondering about the "stable" Lucids people talk about.

My 174 Lucid and Moonshine were both flippier than any new-ish Buzzz I've owned. Fuzion on the other hand was straighter than those.

For the love of God, when will they make a beefcake putter to compete with the Zone. And no, the Suspect doesn't count.

My 178 Bio Truth is a wonderful disc. Just the perfect amount of fade. I also carry a 167 x-out Lucid Truth for straight and turnover. Love the Truth. But, it bothers me when people say it is a Leopard replacement. I feel much more comfortable driving the Leopard then the Truth.
I like to let off on my drives instead of discing down and over torquing.

My 178 Bio Truth is a wonderful disc. Just the perfect amount of fade. I also carry a 167 x-out Lucid Truth for straight and turnover. Love the Truth. But, it bothers me when people say it is a Leopard replacement. I feel much more comfortable driving the Leopard then the Truth.
I like to let off on my drives instead of discing down and over torquing.

Wow. Who is saying it is a Leopard replacement? The closest fairway driver I could think of comparing it to is a Gazelle, and even then I am with you that it is better to power down a fairway driver than to power up a mid.