• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Jersey Home to the Worst Course thats top 25 Worthy

States that don't even have 25 courses on the site don't get a 0? VT's 6th-25th best courses don't exist.

So which is worse, only having 5 viable disc golf courses in your state or having the 25th best one have a poor rating?

Much rather have 25+ in the state than 5 that are ranked.

Ya'll aren't paying attention. Vermont does have 25+ courses. They just don't get played/reviewed that much. Only 5 qualify for the 10+ review requirement.

VT has to have one of the best courses or at least destinations in all of new england in Black Falls/Cherry Hills

Even if every course in Jersey on this site had enough reviews, there still aren't enough for a top 25(There are more courses in Jersey, but they aren't listed on here:)) Most courses in NJ suck, hence why I do most of my golfing in PA. I have never played Freedom Park and I don't plan on it. The only two courses worth playing on that list are Stafford and Rutgers.

Discfiend,
I'm working on this as best I can. As the designer of Stafford Woods, I appricate you putting my 9 holer up worth playing (its going to expand to 18 in 2014, Im fairly certain of that).
I have another course under construction in Winslow Township, 18 holes, mostly open with some tough rough if you get off the fairways. Should be rated better than 3.0-3.5 when done. Also I have a beginner course in the works for spring of 2014 in Camden County, that will be a very cool course with a nice creek running through it.

As the President of South Jersey Disc Golf club, its my goal and duty to grow the sport via more and better courses in South Jersey. This will take some time, but in just 18 months we have installed two 9 holers, and have 2 more 18 hole courses approved (one in Winslow is being installed currently), and another well into the approval process with the municipality for the park.
That's two new courses with baskets in the groudn, two more with baskets here and courses being prepared, and a 5th coming up next spring!!!!
:clap:

When I moved over to NJ from DE, I was surprised to find such few courses, and those here were not very good either.... An object course and a 4 holer that is basically a practice course was all within 45 minutes of where I moved. :wall:

It doesn't surprise me that NJ has the lowest 25th best course, since there are hardly any 18 holes course with actual baskets in the entire state... And three of them were completely ignored for years until 2013. Both Vineland courses and Field of Dreams went to crap, and have had good revival art South Vineland, and majot revival at Field of Dreams. :)

Heck I just got am email from a total stranger offering my his tractor, chainsaws and mower to help with the courses. Its only a matter of time and determination. Disc golfers are coming out of the woodwork with the two new 9 hole courses.

It will take time, but this is being worked on! No where to go but UP!!!

VT has to have one of the best courses or at least destinations in all of new england in Black Falls/Cherry Hills

Northern VT as a whole has a lot of really good disc golf. It's quality over quantity there!

A lot of the states on here would have a better quality list if the review minimum was lowered to five. The smaller city courses here in KS kind of get screwed because of this.

Discfiend,
I'm working on this as best I can. As the designer of Stafford Woods, I appricate you putting my 9 holer up worth playing (its going to expand to 18 in 2014, Im fairly certain of that).
I have another course under construction in Winslow Township, 18 holes, mostly open with some tough rough if you get off the fairways. Should be rated better than 3.0-3.5 when done. Also I have a beginner course in the works for spring of 2014 in Camden County, that will be a very cool course with a nice creek running through it.

As the President of South Jersey Disc Golf club, its my goal and duty to grow the sport via more and better courses in South Jersey. This will take some time, but in just 18 months we have installed two 9 holers, and have 2 more 18 hole courses approved (one in Winslow is being installed currently), and another well into the approval process with the municipality for the park.
That's two new courses with baskets in the groudn, two more with baskets here and courses being prepared, and a 5th coming up next spring!!!!

When I moved over to NJ from DE, I was surprised to find such few courses, and those here were not very good either.... An object course and a 4 holer that is basically a practice course was all within 45 minutes of where I moved. :wall:

It doesn't surprise me that NJ has the lowest 25th best course, since there are hardly any 18 holes course with actual baskets in the entire state... And three of them were completely ignored for years until 2013. Both Vineland courses and Field of Dreams went to crap, and have had good revival art South Vineland, and majot revival at Field of Dreams. :)

Heck I just got am email from a total stranger offering my his tractor, chainsaws and mower to help with the courses. Its only a matter of time and determination. Disc golfers are coming out of the woodwork with the two new 9 hole courses.

:thmbup:

Ya'll aren't paying attention. Vermont does have 25+ courses. They just don't get played/reviewed that much. Only 5 qualify for the 10+ review requirement.

I understand that.. I was just answering his question.

Discfiend,

I appreciate everything you are doing, and I know that with hard work and determination we can have some awesome courses around here. you and I have had many conversations over the past year or so, and I feel that with you in charge, the SJDG will be very successful in the future. I am proud to be a member of the SJDG!

I was thinking about it a couple of minutes ago, and I completely forgot about Alexandria. It is a pretty good course too, so I will add that to the list. hawk12 mentioned Field of Dreams and South Vineland Course's renaissance, so maybe I need to give them another chance. It's just that I have had bad experiences at both, so I am a little jaded. I need to get up to Campgaw, I have heard good things about it. Maybe it could get added to the list.

I was thinking about it a couple of minutes ago, and I completely forgot about Alexandria. It is a pretty good course too, so I will add that to the list. hawk12 mentioned Field of Dreams and South Vineland Course's renaissance, so maybe I need to give them another chance. It's just that I have had bad experiences at both, so I am a little jaded. I need to get up to Campgaw, I have heard good things about it. Maybe it could get added to the list.

I've heard they mowed the hill at Campgaw recently and the long layouts (blue and black) may be playable now, but the short layout (green) is playable year round.

There's a PDGA C-tier tournament there on September 21st. They're just playing the Green layout.

Campgaw's nice. 3 different layouts you can play at certain times of the year. And the green course is open year-round through ski season. Rough in some spots, but a solid, challenging, wooded course compared to most our state has to offer. Some people forget it's in Jersey since you could walk like 10 min through the woods and be in NY.

To be fair, Freedom Park can barely be considered a course at moments any more than putting a practice basket at each end of a football field. In fact, during certain times of the year when pee wee football is going on, that basically IS the case on a couple of holes.....out if its total of 4.