• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ohio Courses

Holy cow, what is up with the hot mess that is John Bryan State Park's attempt at a DG course? LOL, what a disaster.
Went there for a hike for the first time today, and this might be the most frustrating/missed opportunity, I've ever seen.

There seem to be these large wooden post that (maybe?) are supposed to indicate where to tee off, but they sometimes don't exist at all, or there are extra ones, or maybe I'm just wrong. We only found 8 out of a (again, maybe?) 10, and then I can home and found a blog post that mentions a possible 12, with the 12th being a car ride away, lol.
Not to mention hole placement that is basically in the middle of picnic tables for several holes. (Which, conversely, is great for putting practice if you bring charcoal and whatnot)
I landed one drive under a swingset, too.

http://www.starnesfam.com/2017/05/john-bryan-state-park-disc-golf-course/#comment-2829

Where this blogger has the tee boxes did not match up where I found the posts, and I never saw anything else that indicated any other tee.... Its an awesome park, and they have PLENTY of great space to work with. I hope they get this figured out someday.

New course in Obetz (south Columbus) has been added to the listings here. Also a new course at Clear Fork (Lexington) will be opening on Labor day.

Latest posts