• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ohio Courses

Bikinimower

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Is anyone aware of any new Ohio courses that will be popping up in the spring. It seems that every year we get a few additional courses. Just was curious about what was in the works

I'm not sure when but there's a course in the works at John Bryan State Park in Yellow Springs. I know it won't be finished by this spring though. A little birdie told me that it's gonna be a championship caliber course!

I'm not sure when but there's a course in the works at John Bryan State Park in Yellow Springs. I know it won't be finished by this spring though. A little birdie told me that it's gonna be a championship caliber course!

:clap:
Hells yeah!

yup. here is some info from good sources of courses coming up in my area (cleveland, parma-ish).

- Wadsworth - 9 holes have been given a go to start building! join wadsworth disc golf on facebook for more info
- Veterans East Side Back 18 - fund raising tournaments on may 21-22 (also, hoping to have concrete tees on vet memorials back 9 and larger tees on front 9)
- Tri-C West Campus
- West Creek Reserve
- Cleveland Metroparks

lots of working going on from cleveland to canton and everywhere in between.

right now i have 34 courses within 97 minutes of north royalton with more courses popping up.

columbus also looks great too with the amount of courses it has.

i've not counted the number of courses per state, but i wouldn't be suprised to see that ohio has the most courses, or be atleast in the top three.

right now i have 34 courses within 97 minutes of north royalton with more courses popping up.

i've not counted the number of courses per state, but i wouldn't be suprised to see that ohio has the most courses, or be atleast in the top three.

And yet, the biggest city, Cbus, has surprisingly few inside the 270 loop...
They got to get on this...

I camped there last year and they hadn't started anything...that I could see....fyi

Bryan ohio, redesigned the 1st 9....and is for sure adding a second 9....should be done before summer......

Im curious as to the actual number of courses in Ohio as well....

there was a fellow who I overheard say he owns a ball golf course in my office the other day....I immediately pulled out a few discs I had at my desk and asked if he wanted to talk......he had never heard of it, but took down some info to check it out......the Co-Golf Course idea is a good one I think, I mean all they need to do is add baskets (in most cases)

boy was i wrong. according to dgcr (using the maps section):
texas - 239 courses
cali - 183
wisc - 177
mich - 160
ohio - 127

sgt hartman had it wrong. it's steers and disc golfers

displayimage.php

If I'm not mistaken Ohio is 5th

There is a lot of land between Medina and Columbus, Bucyruss and Wooster (OK, mainly the area I live at lol) that a lot more disc golf courses could be squeezed in. Unfortunately, it seems the nice hilly areas are privately owned.

They are supposed to be putting another course here in town on a big old flat, open and otherwise boring piece of land. I bitched about it at first for the location but when I realized I couldn't think of anywhere else to put one, I shut up.